Gamemode Longevity
Lightbulb 
Title of Suggestion: Longevity

Description
Load up the last or any version of the game mode onto a server and let's keep rocking around the clock folks.

It adds to the lifespan of this community.

Why?
GMod isn't a dead game yet by far, so why kill one of the last, lasting communities in the game before time?

While many of us understand that the development process for GTA 12: Fearless RP is meticulous and precise, poised to annihilate the summit of all expectations, and more importantly baffle all the haters and nay-sayers, a humble few would rather play on even the 2008 version of the server rather than wait for FL CityRP "3" 

I'm pretty sure many would appreciate this idea especially since we're about a year in this stasis-like limbo with no concrete deadline or time frame for development completion. 

It's unsettling to see some of the last posts regarding in-game events date back to mid-2022, knowing full well the servers have been offline, yet the forum is still up and we're all acting like this is natural. 

No one is posting anymore, and fewer and fewer people will even bother to hop on the forum eventually.

It makes one wonder that if the goal was to end the wonderful nostalgic journey and bury FL with all the other communities before it, a nice announcement and a shutdown would have sufficed. 

I just do not think it's fair to all those who are still taking a look at the forum every once in a while hoping to see the servers back up only to be disappointed when they feel like they have to wait a lifetime for something that seems fleeting at this point.

I'm pretty sure that there are some here who only ever played GMod for this community, some who, to them, the entire game is just this server and to leave everyone hanging in the hope that someday soon in around 2024 or maybe Q1 2025  there will be a server with the GTA 69 game mode which will recreate GMod and propel it to #1 on Steam's Most Played chart, is unfair, to put it bluntly. 

I don't think that anyone here is desperate, but to me at least it is something I think about now and then. 

Also, an observation: The vibe I've been getting from FL is corporate-like. I don't get it, it used to be more laid back and bubbly from what I remember. 

Maybe I'm just getting older though who knows?

The long and short of it would be to either load up an older version of the game mode and bring the community back to life or just give us the closure we didn't know we needed. (unless you're secretly trying to pull a GMod Tower and release a whole ass game on Steam then still do the former.)

Thank you and all the best.
Eggplant

Messages In This Thread
Longevity - by blu - 01-24-2024, 09:14 PM
RE: Longevity - by Ranger - 01-25-2024, 07:13 PM
RE: Longevity - by blu - 01-25-2024, 10:05 PM
RE: Longevity - by Pollux - 01-30-2024, 04:42 AM
RE: Longevity - by RaZZ - 01-30-2024, 05:34 PM
RE: Longevity - by Equinox - 01-30-2024, 09:53 PM