The Pulse: Community Catch Up | 2WC 13 Nov
(12-11-2023, 02:13 PM)De CodeerHeer Wrote:
(12-08-2023, 01:15 PM)Marty Wrote: Mavis coded backdoors into the game mode.

Gotta say, I love gossip.

(12-10-2023, 12:53 PM)Haarek Wrote:
(12-05-2023, 06:25 PM)De CodeerHeer Wrote: Stop pulling that dead horse. Let it die in peace.

I think it is completely possible to revive FL and bring it back to what it once was.

I'm not saying that FL should be put to rest, I said that from a developer's standpoint, the gamemode that is currently being dragged into a slow and painful death should be put down.

(12-11-2023, 01:37 AM)Pollux Wrote: You can't do anything simple and expect the server to be what it once was, I agree throwing out updates is as useless as simply reverting the gamemode back. We aren't just trying to throw out random stuff though, we're addressing core issues that makes the server annoying to play on especially as a new player. It theortically should work, just it has required a significant amount of development which has been our current downfall.

The issue I'm having with this approach is the long and painful silence everyone is experiencing without seeing any major improvements. I know, you all have been working hard on the gamemode, and promise to have something "improved" up an running within a certain timescale. But meanwhile the community is waiting with no light at the end of the tunnel. Especially as we had something, and now we have nothing. Only a promise to hold on to.

These "pulse" posts brought nothing but misunderstanding and frustration towards people who do not understand the technical aspect of development. No one cares how many lines of code has been changed. We want to see results. Like the scarce amount of actual update posts I've seen and got excited about.

There was a possibility to keep the server running, even though for only a small amount of available playerslots. Host in-game events, promote things, and keep developing alongside. Maybe even have a beta server testing sprint features. Something.

I agree with a beta server idea -- would be a good way to allow players to login and get a feel for the server again. No pressure for dev team for crashes/bugs because it's a beta server, and people would expect things to break a bit. Maybe once every sprint / a weekend every 3 weeks, etc. Better than nothing. Depends what management think about it, but nice idea!
Regards,
Edned

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:51199704&b=16]
+Rep
The following 5 users Like Edned's post:
  • Self, Robbtja, Wolven, Ausverkauft, Kryptic

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Pulse: Community Catch Up | 2WC 13 Nov - by Edned - 12-11-2023, 02:21 PM