[FIXED] Constant crashing
Had this issue before, I'm almost certain Gmod decides to break itself and then fix itself whenever it deems appropriate. I try to join FL and always crash on 'Retrieving server info' and it provides no error message or logs. Only happens on FL so tried deleting all the content, addons etc. and re-downloading them all, nothing has really worked though.

Appreciate any tips or pointers in the right direction to fix this, I've been wanting to play for the past few days!
It could be that soms files In your Garry's Mod aren't werking that good. My advice for nog Is to re-install Garry's Mod.
[Image: jfQuooI.png?1]
(01-02-2016, 11:13 PM)Brikaas Wrote: It could be that soms files In your Garry's Mod aren't werking that good. My advice for nog Is to re-install Garry's Mod.

Going to try that soon, thanks bud.
Have you tried: 'mat_dxlevel 90' in your console, do not put the ' marks in.

If this works, you need to do it everytime you join FL, seems stupid at first but then you get used to it like I did.
Did you find a fix DVN?
(01-17-2016, 05:08 PM)Grunt Wrote: Did you find a fix DVN?

Thanks for asking bud, the master lord Edned managed to help me. I re-installed gmod and he sorted the files out etc. so best off asking him. I'll ask him to comment on this with a fix so it can be closed and other people can refer back to it for help.
The following 1 user Likes DVN's post:
  • Grunt
Usually this problem occurs when a corrupt version of a GMA file is installed (In the Addons folder). So I suggest removing all your GMA's and re-download them again.
The second issue could be a missing core file of Garry's Mod, so verify the game cache by going Right-Clicking on GMod on Steam, and pressing properties:
[Image: 911c3d24669a95ac6a6570cd511eb499.png]
Regards,
Edned

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:51199704&b=16]
+Rep
The following 1 user Likes Edned's post:
  • Grunt