BMD Cant farm weed
(07-12-2018, 10:21 PM)Divey Wrote: -snip-

Continuing on from Bob's post,

I'd like to clarify something, I'm not ungrateful for Pollux and the Development teams now regular updates, as you said its good that FL is actually getting some attention with regards to development.

The initial point of the thread was to highlight that a major part of UndergroundRP being the BMD's ability to farm weed had been changed without warning and appeared to be without consultation.

The thread has since changed and become somewhat salty with the removal of my comment without warning and the criticism of Pollux's decisions. When you make a big change you are going to rustle some jimmies on the forums because not everyone is going to agree on the change. This dialogue is good and shouldn't be shut down - which it hasn't and I'm happy it hasn't. I say this in regards to your comment about the dev's getting more hate than the staff atm. Pollux mainly has been getting flack as he has made some major changes without consulting the community for opinions (which he doesnt have too yes but its a good idea too) and whenever critisism is faced it has resulted in complete denial and censorship. He also has a fair few unconcluded PR's on hold which may be a contributor to the fact the thread has gone the way it has.

Being a developer isn't easy, countless hours coding and 100 times more debugging. But you only have to look at other gaming companies that don't take into the account of the opinion online in the forums to see that large backlashes occur when you change things without gauging the mass opinion (rip EA with loot boxes).

I'd like to think that Pollux and the team can learn from this situation and use it to progress decision making and leadership within the community - again I do not wish to spread hate but the reactions were not unprovoked.

But with regards to your comment about signing up to be a contributor - I might do yes.
The BMD had their ability revoked for a reason, as I stated in my post we shouldn't have to consult you when it's to do with legitimate reasons, etc. What are we meant to do? Have a vote on whether we make the gamemode balanced?
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
(07-12-2018, 10:21 PM)Divey Wrote: -SNIP-

Lmfao okay Divey mate, we're allowed to criticise people.
I honestly couldn't care who the kid is, but if he's doing shady shit then he's going to get called out for it. I don't need to learn how to code, my University course is enough for that, but thank you for your offer.

Not sure he needs you to rush to his rescue, I'm sure he could do that himself by putting forward his own arguments.

Forgot that deleting people's comments was a valuable asset for the development team, but what do I know? Like you said, I'm not a 'developer' Smile
The following 2 users Like aDisabledDeer's post:
  • RaZZ, Schnitzelburger
Not entirely.

But your version of a legitimate reason is most likely going to be different from people within the community. I don't understand why open dialogue with the community is a bad thing? It's not hard it only take a few minutes to make a thread and see what people think?

Making changes that are within the rules and guidelines along with bug fixes would make sense to not need to consult the community and can just go in the change log like usual. But things like the BMD's inability to farm weed after it being a feature or so long is a change worth noting in a form more than a change log update. You can see that there are members of the community that are not best pleased with the game mode balance change and I hope it shows that noteable changes like this deserve some dialogue.
(07-13-2018, 12:24 AM)Grunt Wrote: Not entirely.

But your version of a legitimate reason is most likely going to be different from people within the community. I don't understand why open dialogue with the community is a bad thing? It's not hard it only take a few minutes to make a thread and see what people think?

Making changes that are within the rules and guidelines along with bug fixes would make sense to not need to consult the community and can just go in the change log like usual. But things like the BMD's inability to farm weed after it being a feature or so long is a change worth noting in a form more than a change log update. You can see that there are members of the community that are not best pleased with the game mode balance change and I hope it shows that noteable changes like this deserve some dialogue.

Because people think that what they create shouldn't be criticised simply because it took them time to create it.

Not a good mindset to have if you want to be a 'developer'
(07-12-2018, 10:21 PM)Divey Wrote: -SNIP-

Ungrateful for opening a discussion about a change that was made? Don't be ridiculous.

Something like BMD not being allowed to use pots/ seeds should've been a discussion; it makes no sense balance wise as it's been possible for ages and not come up with BMD's getting insanely rich or not doing their jobs. It also doesn't make sense because... What does BMD stand for again? Black Market Dealer - that's just common sense being thrown out of the window.

I also think you're a little confused. It's not hate the development team are getting - it's criticism. Some points have got a little heated, sure. But on the whole this "hate" has actually been more about opening a discussion about updates that deserve criticism. This comes hand in hand with more development updates. I mean, you most likely wouldn't have got to Supervising Administrator without learning how to deal and cope with criticism along the way. All I'm saying is, to not take criticism well and actually delete/ censor posts you don't agree with, or that have upset you is a little bit childish. And no, i'm not trying to insult Pollux so please don't take it that way as it isn't my intention with this post.

As a final point - I think you saying "if you think you're better, learn to code" is very condescending. This criticism isn't about thinking you can do better, it's about valid points (not always mind you) being put across and discussed within the community with issues or qualms they may have about certain updates or the general direction of development. Discussion is good no matter the platform and should always be promoted (that is of course unless it turns nasty, in this case it got a little of track but that's it).
[Image: KL3qjvw.png]

no point in consulting the community because clearly you don’t like change and don’t appreciate his work at all. that’s ok, but if you are doing nothing at all then shut the fuck up, Pollux is contributing to the community.

he has the power and right to make these decisions as it was most probably discussed at length with the administrators so don’t use him as a scapegoat for all your fucking problems, so sick of people ganging up.
The following 1 user Likes juicyorange's post:
  • Pollux
(07-13-2018, 08:55 AM)juicyorange Wrote: no point in consulting the community because clearly you don’t like change and don’t appreciate his work at all. that’s ok, but if you are doing nothing at all then shut the fuck up, Pollux is contributing to the community.

he has the power and right to make these decisions as it was most probably discussed at length with the administrators so don’t use him as a scapegoat for all your freaking problems, so sick of people ganging up.

k
[Image: KL3qjvw.png]

Grow the fuck up and live with the change, there've been more extreme changes in the past than a BMD not being able to grow his own weed. Looking at it from the rules you're basically powergaming by self supplying. As for "community feedback", no, you don't need to have a say in everything. Transparancy has been bigger than ever since last year, stop trying to reap more than you sow.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 3 users Like Yonno's post:
  • Pollux, juicyorange, Wolven
So we raise a change we don't like then get attacked for voicing our opinion? None of us are ungrateful we are merely addressing our concerns and dislike for an update just like we always have and always will when we don't agree with changes. Stop jumping on the band wagon and get on with it.

Can you explain what is logical about someone who literally sells illegal drugs and items for a living to not be able to access weed?

The following 6 users Like General Rickets's post:
  • Huskii, Blurr, Grunt, aDisabledDeer, Suarez, Hartree