rp_rockford_v1b
I just tested out the map.
It is pretty big and it wil take a lot of time to learn the map 100%
The Map really need a place where everyone are. I dont see where it should be on this map.. There is a city, Yea. But there aint any "main street".

The map got really good places for eg mechanic, paramedic, police, whatsoever. It got alot of impty buildings which you can do RP in, The only bad thing is, that that place is far far away.

I really think we should test this map on the server. Just to see what people say, where people will go and if they like the map in total.
Oh bollocks... I lost my Signature!
(12-26-2015, 07:24 PM)Suarez Wrote: The map was tested back in August but was rules out because of bugs with the gamemode causing players to be able to nocollide through world props.

How so? And surely that bug could be fixed?
(12-26-2015, 07:24 PM)Suarez Wrote: The map was tested back in August but was rules out because of bugs with the gamemode causing players to be able to nocollide through world props.

wtf
how does that even happen
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
(12-26-2015, 08:09 PM)rand0m0mg Wrote: I don't want a change, I like the way it works at the moment. You are talking as if you got the entire community on your side, when the fact is alot of people like it just the way it is right now.

actually he pretty clearly asked for a fair vote
(12-26-2015, 08:17 PM)Balls Wrote: I just tested out the map.
It is pretty big and it wil take a lot of time to learn the map 100%
The Map really need a place where everyone are. I dont see where it should be on this map.. There is a city, Yea. But there aint any "main street".

The map got really good places for eg mechanic, paramedic, police, whatsoever. It got alot of impty buildings which you can do RP in, The only bad thing is, that that place is far far away.

I really think we should test this map on the server. Just to see what people say, where people will go and if they like the map in total.

There literally is a main street, it says "main street" on the sign
Most of the shops in the city are also empty for builds

I do agree with another test (maybe fixing bugs instead of ignoring them), maybe on the event server or something, to see how people use the map

Something that might help players (on any map) would be like an RP "Google Maps" where they could type in the name of a location (or part of it), and then get a 3D hud icon of the center of that location so they could go to it. Similar to the radar in TTT but replace numbers with maybe a symbol or shortened name of the location.
This was tested as one point as one candidate to replace V2P (RIP). Replacing the V33X and V2D maps has been discussed before but has been denied because both maps are liked and used alot. There isn't really good enough reason to change them. People like the current ones which is why people keep coming back. The reason V2P was going to be changed was because it was unpopular and no one used it unlike V2d and V33x.
I'm not sure how it happened the only thing I could think of is something with the gamemode code causing it to do this. I don't think a dev ever looked into it though.
Get rid of the build server and try rp_rockford then? The max. amount of people I've seen on there was 10 and I build sometimes and I dislike the idea of going to a special server to do it
(12-27-2015, 04:44 PM)Vossy Wrote: Get rid of the build server and try rp_rockford then? The max. amount of people I've seen on there was 10 and I build sometimes and I dislike the idea of going to a special server to do it

No. The build server is amazing. You don't need loads of people on there that isn't the point. Also getting another server wont work. The player base isn't big enough for another 75 player server.
The following 1 user Likes mintblackbeard's post:
  • goigle!