Poll: Who won?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Police Officers win
30.77%
4 30.77%
Firefights win
46.15%
6 46.15%
Its too hard to choose
23.08%
3 23.08%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Firefighters vs Police Officers
(11-04-2015, 03:41 PM)DVN Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 03:31 PM)Nuka Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 09:48 AM)DVN Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 09:42 AM)Nuka Wrote: -snip-

First of all, this shouldn't be anything to do with the line of work he does. He wasn't on duty. The statement also said the man had been drinking. How can you even count this video as anything to go against firemen, he did it while off duty, at his own will while obviously highly under the influence of alcohol.

You didn't even bother reading my post properly.

Yes I did, I understand you said you didn't post this video to represent the whole Fire Services, but used it as an example. What I'm saying is this shouldn't even be used as an example of how a Fire Fighter is, his job role has nothing to do with it since he was drunk out of his mind and off duty.

Whereas the Police Officer was on duty and used his lethal weapon to open fire on an unarmed, albeit belligerent, civillian

Edit: They have non-lethal weapons for a reason
[Image: 8UtzdI4.png]
The following 1 user Likes aDisabledDeer's post:
  • Falc
(11-04-2015, 03:46 PM)aDisabledDeer Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 03:41 PM)DVN Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 03:31 PM)Nuka Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 09:48 AM)DVN Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 09:42 AM)Nuka Wrote: -snip-

First of all, this shouldn't be anything to do with the line of work he does. He wasn't on duty. The statement also said the man had been drinking. How can you even count this video as anything to go against firemen, he did it while off duty, at his own will while obviously highly under the influence of alcohol.

You didn't even bother reading my post properly.

Yes I did, I understand you said you didn't post this video to represent the whole Fire Services, but used it as an example. What I'm saying is this shouldn't even be used as an example of how a Fire Fighter is, his job role has nothing to do with it since he was drunk out of his mind and off duty.

Whereas the Police Officer was on duty and used his lethal weapon to open fire on an unarmed, albeit belligerent, civillian

Edit: They have non-lethal weapons for a reason

Ehhh? I don't get it.

I'm not arguing for any side here? I'm saying even if you wanted to, you can't use that as a bad example for the fire fighter.
(11-04-2015, 03:32 PM)Nuka Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 02:41 PM)Falcao Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 09:42 AM)Nuka Wrote: Except I don't live in Australia, Spain or California. I'm going off of my country's emergency services Tounge

Holdem, take a look at this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkpNda4zCE0

Which shows an off duty firefighter brutally beating an officer and bashing his head against the curb until the officer is forced to shoot him. Of course, this isn't every firefighter. Which is exactly the point I'm making. You're generalising an entire emergency service upon the actions of a few, all who reside in countries with shitty gun control and histories of racism.

Not sure how this helps the police in anyway, he had no reason to shoot the fireman there. He took a few punches to the face, so what? That does not give him the right to take someone elses life.

It makes me sick how the police are starting to act, pulling there gun at every situation they can because they are thirsty to fire a shot, too many cases lately where unarmed people have been shot dead by the police, it's not the way it should work.

A few punches to the face isn't exactly common assault, Falscrub.

The drunk FF was trying to kill the officer. The officer was calling for help and backup but nothing came because citizens just stood and watched. I can guarantee if someone was doing that to you, you'd shoot them given the chance.

Don't exaggeratete, he was not trying to kill him. He defended himself, as you see from the video, the way the policeman forced his knee into his head was dangerous, that could have caused serious damage and it obviously wound up an intoxicated man, but saying he was trying to kill him is far from true. People have taken more punches than that.

He could have quite easily pulled out his baton and hit him in the ribs with it once, that would have gotten the fireman off.

Why would the civillians help that officer out, he clearly wasn't going about the situation in the right way, hence the knee incident again, this is just saying that if someone punches you more than once then you can shoot them because they're trying to kill you? No.
(11-04-2015, 04:01 PM)Falcao Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 03:32 PM)Nuka Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 02:41 PM)Falcao Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 09:42 AM)Nuka Wrote: Except I don't live in Australia, Spain or California. I'm going off of my country's emergency services Tounge

Holdem, take a look at this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkpNda4zCE0

Which shows an off duty firefighter brutally beating an officer and bashing his head against the curb until the officer is forced to shoot him. Of course, this isn't every firefighter. Which is exactly the point I'm making. You're generalising an entire emergency service upon the actions of a few, all who reside in countries with shitty gun control and histories of racism.

Not sure how this helps the police in anyway, he had no reason to shoot the fireman there. He took a few punches to the face, so what? That does not give him the right to take someone elses life.

It makes me sick how the police are starting to act, pulling there gun at every situation they can because they are thirsty to fire a shot, too many cases lately where unarmed people have been shot dead by the police, it's not the way it should work.

A few punches to the face isn't exactly common assault, Falscrub.

The drunk FF was trying to kill the officer. The officer was calling for help and backup but nothing came because citizens just stood and watched. I can guarantee if someone was doing that to you, you'd shoot them given the chance.

Don't exaggeratete, he was not trying to kill him. He defended himself, as you see from the video, the way the policeman forced his knee into his head was dangerous, that could have caused serious damage and it obviously wound up an intoxicated man, but saying he was trying to kill him is far from true. People have taken more punches than that.

He could have quite easily pulled out his baton and hit him in the ribs with it once, that would have gotten the fireman off.

Why would the civillians help that officer out, he clearly wasn't going about the situation in the right way, hence the knee incident again, this is just saying that if someone punches you more than once then you can shoot them because they're trying to kill you? No.

They didn't have to physically help him, but if they called 911 it would've been resolved. 

That officer has little to no PPE. I can't see a stabbie and I can't see any incapacitant spray, and I don't think he even has a baton. As far as I can tell there is no less-than-lethal alternative here. Perhaps, if the people blindly standing there for 3 minutes videoing it had called 911 instead, another officer could've showed up and helped. This wouldn't be a problem if people weren't allowed to get drunk to the point where they consider grievous bodily harm as an okay thing to do.

An officer doesn't have to be to the point where they're going to be killed, to consider killing someone. Do you really think the officer is going to just lie there getting punched in the face over and over simply because he doesn't want to use his gun? No! He's going to use that gun and actually do something about the situation he's in. He resisted using his gun for ages until it got to the point where he had to use it.
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor