Exceptionally unfair ban on 20/09/2015
Your name: [FL:RP] Mike

Your SteamID: STEAM 0:1:16671491

Your ban ID: 65825

Banned by: [FL] NightHawkd

Reason: Killing a handcuffed man for no reason

Involved: Hitman & [FL] NightHawkd along with others in their 'gang' I could not retrieve the names of.

Why I should be unbanned: Situation: An officer had reported gunshots fired towards Nexus from tunnel direction when the President was inside the lobby. Hitman, NightHawkd and two other men dressed as the HL2 MPF Officers were stopped in the middle of the road with two 4x4 trucks. I had responded to the scene as S.R.U and ordered all men to the side of the road immediately. After Hitman failed to comply, and simply broke fearRP by saying how he wouldn't comply with me nor turn around, I proceeded to handcuff him and arrest him on the spot.

All the others would only have been cuffed, detained and searched for the purpose of the call.

Whilst I was getting a warrant for Hitman (which I couldn't get) the other three men got in their cars and drove off. At that moment I took a judgement call and decided to stay with the one man and interrogate him at the Nexus for more info on the other three potentially armed men.

Whilst again, getting a warrant for Hitmans arrest, I was shot at from the nexus tunnels by the same men that drove off, NightHawkd and two others.

As one officer killed two of the shooters with his sidearm, Hitman began to run off in the direction of the shooters (the gang he was part of and stopped with) whilst he was handcuffed.

I ordered him to "STOP!" of which he failed to comply with, I then proceeded to take a lethal shot and bring him down, then moving on to take out NightHawkd.

As I was approaching NightHawkd to take him down (one of the shooters) Hitman ran up to me (breaking NLR) moaning how I had no reason to kill him, thus distracting me and allowing NightHawkd to shoot me. I was then banned upon respawn.

My reason for shooting Hitman (which I was banned for) was because he was an associate of the armed men. And although he was cuffed and not currently a threat at that moment in time. He was running towards them (not getting shot) which led me to believe they had no intention of harming him and he wasn't scared of them, as he was running to him.

I shot him because although he was cuffed and not an active threat. He was running to people who could have removed his cuffs (IC) and provided him a weapon to assist in the on-going shootout. Therefore he was a leading-on threat and was lethally brought down, this is a justifiable reason (in US law and also UK)
(09-20-2015, 11:02 PM)Grimz Wrote: As I was approaching NightHawkd to take him down (one of the shooters) Hitman ran up to me (breaking NLR) moaning how I had no reason to kill him, thus distracting me and allowing NightHawkd to shoot me.

Hitman may have gotten permission from NightHawkd to break NLR (which is within the rules)
(I was there, shot Night after he shot the SRU)

edit:
He tied by the trabant in front of BK and talked to Mike behind BK so probably was not within his NLR zone and thus not breaking nlr
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
Well the thing is that Hitman wasn't exactly breaking NLR. I would have been notified if he was breaking NLR but I never was. Should he have went about talking to you another? Yes he should have but he wasn't per say in the wrong as he didn't break any rules due to the fact that he was talking OOC to you. On to the main topic now if that even though he may have been running towards us yes, you didn't have a true reason to kill. He was not hostile, as he was cuffed, and he was no threat to you at all.
[Image: ay3uwl.jpg]

Signature made by MasterNoda
User showed no interest in his unban request in 10 days.
Denied.