Verdun the best WWI game?
[Image: verdun-screenshot.png]Hello, recently I have seen this game a lot, I have played it a lot and its a great game it's one of the best WWI games made. Its all trench warfare you have two objectives, either defend your trench or attack the enemy trench. The maps, weapons and uniforms have been researched so everything is historically accurate. The game was first made in 2009 I think and much is still being added to it. You can create squads of four, you have the corporal leading which can call in different support depending on your faction. They recently added that if you reach a certain level in your squad your uniform is changed to something more WWI like. I cool little thing I like to use is gas, you can use it as cover or drop it on the enemy trench to reduce their visibility. If gas is ever dropped and you have to run through it, by pressing 4 you equip a gas mask which can reduce your vision. Its a great game, its on steam currently in the summer sale - £16.99 = £8.49, $26.98 = $13.48, (I don't have a euro icon key) 23.76 euro = 11.87 euro. 30 hours before the summer sale ends!

[Image: alfred.png]
Euro icon is alt gr+4

My mate plays a lot of Verdun, he says it is quite good.

Spoiler :
  it's one of the best WWI games made.  

Not much of a feat. I can't actually think of any other WW1 games I've heard of, let alone played.

Have heard good things though. Can't say it's my cup of tea in terms of gameplay, but it's obviously got it's own, fairly large player-base which love it.
A more fitting signature. 
Eh, I like a lot of history type games, I can't really find any other good WWI games so in my own opinion its the best WWI game made. I think it is anyway as most history games are based on WWII or roman times.
Verdun - the only WW1 game.
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

The following 1 user Likes Link's post:
  • dig
Link
Thankfully there seems to be in an increase in them the recent years, ever since 2014...
Coincidence? I think not..
2014 <> 1914
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
The following 3 users Like dig's post:
  • mgdwszx, BasicallyMental, Link
It's definitely the best WW1 game and one of the best games about war in general.
The following 1 user Likes Freezak's post:
  • Volimius
Dogfighter is a WWI game, its plane warfare but its not really that good. WWI Source is another game. Darkest of Days. Those WWI games were made a while back so the graphics are pretty bad but Verdun is currently still being worked on so.
There is a mod for napoleon total war, where you can have massive WW1 battles.