Computer Problems. Please help?
Hi guys,
I'm having a major problem with my computer and I need some help. 
So here's the problem:
I currently play on an HP Envy notebook that runs Windows 7 Home Premium. I've had this scince Christmas, 2012. It now takes about 35-40 minutes to boot up, another 15 to log on, and then after it's logged on, it refuses to start anything, even Internet Explorer. 

Does anyone know what to do? 
Should I purchase a new computer, or bring it to my local repair place?
I'm really confused here, so please keep comments saying "I don't know, ask a Dev or other staff" to a minimum. 

Thank you in advance for any help you can give. 
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
Estimation of how much has been installed on the laptop? Have you done any maintenance yourself especially clearing fans of dust. And have you got a windows 7 install CD?
(bad English incoming, only know the designations in German)
 Try deleting windows and installing it again. (Idk how much stuff is already on it that causes it to slow down) If that doesn't help then there could be a problem with the Hard Disk and then you should bring it to a local repair place... If it turns out that theres nothing you can do about it, buy a new one.
If you don't know how to do this stuff with windows just go to a repair place without doing anything.
1. Clean your computer outside, remove any dust/hair from the fans.
2. Run malwarebytes
3. Run adwcleaner
4. Delete anything you dont need, then clear your trash bin.
5. Look at installed programs, is there anything you do not know what is? If yes then uninstall it.

Extra:
* Watch this: 

Does it apply to you? If yes then get yourself a new HDD or a new computer if you think you should get a new one instead. 
[Image: FpROeEz.png]
Barkles is attempting to sleep : )
(04-11-2015, 05:20 PM)Voluptious Wrote: 5. Look at installed programs, is there anything you do not know what is? If yes then uninstall it.

This one isn't a great idea as you'll end up deleting stuff you really don't want to. When deleting something you don't know what it is, google the name of the application or the name of the company that make the application and ensure you don't need it.
(04-11-2015, 05:11 PM)Brennan Wrote: Estimation of how much has been installed on the laptop? Have you done any maintenance yourself especially clearing fans of dust. And have you got a windows 7 install CD?

Damn thing doesnt even have a disk drive. 
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

As a last resort, try formatting your hard drive. (After backing up everything important, that is!)
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
Name of laptop? more specifically? as in model?
(04-11-2015, 07:23 PM)LivKX Wrote: Name of laptop? more specifically? as in model?

HP Envy 6 I believe. 
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran