Top Gear - On that bombshell..
(03-26-2015, 01:47 PM)GeorgeTheBoy Wrote:
(03-26-2015, 12:32 PM)Floodify Wrote: He was on his final warning (racist comments etc). He deserved it, even if he's funny. He says he might start his own program now so uh. And why is this so focused on when there are far more important stuff to focus on... like say.. California dought? This world has such a stupid priority lol.

The California drought hardly affects us in the UK. If we had a drought I'm sure those in America wouldn't care too much.

Nevertheless, fact is that the focus laid within the media is terribly wrong. Does this really impact the society? A TV show? There are far more things to be worried/sad about than three presenters retirement from a show. It's ridiculous.

And California is a direct reflection on how the future may look like, and just because you live across the Atlantic doesn't mean that you shouldn't take it serious and follow it. But fuck it, Jeremy Clarkson got sacked because he punched a producer and repeatedly said racist words throughout his time on Top Gear. OK.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
Yeah, Jeremy said stupid things and did stupid things but that's him. He made the show what it was, him and his two co hosts. Without him, Top Gear isn't Top Gear.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
The following 1 user Likes Wood's post:
  • Noble
I don't understand what's so great about top gear. I find it boring.
[img=0x250]http://i.imgur.com/rd1bm3k.png[/img]
The following 2 users Like SirCrow's post:
  • GRiiM, Decay
(03-26-2015, 04:46 PM)SirCrow Wrote: I don't understand what's so great about top gear. I find it boring.

+support
(03-26-2015, 04:46 PM)SirCrow Wrote: I don't understand what's so great about top gear. I find it boring.

Most of it is.
Just skip to the challenges, that's what I do.

I agree completely with what George said, which also somewhat parallels what May said in an impromptu interview. While Clarkson was a bit of a knob, and shouldn't have done what he did, this entire thing was taken out of proportion, partially because the BBC is stupidly leftist and politically correct, and because they've taken things in the past out of proportion as well. Remember when Clarkson was reciting that nursery rhyme, and mumbled the n****r part? The BBC went insane over it, despite the fact that it's the original nursery rhyme, he purposefully mumbled it so as to not say it loud, and it wasn't even supposed to be aired. Clarkson can be a right idiot, but the BBC don't like him; he doesn't fit their overly politically-correct agenda. Considering the entertainment he's brought to - quite literally - hundreds of millions of people, and the massive profits he brings in to the BBC, a suspension would've been more suitable. Instead they've destroyed one of the world's most-loved shows, and disappointed 350 million viewers a week.

They handled this badly from the start, by cancelling the episodes they were going to air during their deliberations. All that did was harm the viewers (and their ratings, which I hope will fall even further to absolute trash soon).

The BBC has, quite frankly, demonstrated that they don't particularly care about their viewers, only for their agenda. It's British taxpayers that pay for the BBC, and yet we don't have any say as to what goes on there. The only alternative is not paying your license, and if you do that then you can't watch any other non-BBC channels, and if you have a single monitor in your house you'll be harassed non-stop by the BBC's goons.

It's highly likely that all 3 presenters will quit BBC Top Gear, but the BBC have said that Top Gear will continue, just with different presenters. It's possible that Top Gear will be bought out, but I think it's more likely that the 3 will just continue with a new contract (I hear Sky and Netflix have both made offers, or plan to) and do the same thing under a different name. I look forward to watching "High Cog" on Sky1, featuring Clarkson, Hammond, Cpt. Slow, and the Stag (Stig is trademarked).
The following 4 users Like Faustie's post:
  • Suarez, Wood, Ms. Mudpie, Noble
Uhhhh, yes! Bad that he is gone!
Top Gear will never be the same. It'll be interesting to see what direction Top Gear will take, as they can't replace Jeremy, James and Richard. It won't be the same.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
I watched top gear for the presenters, not the producers. My 2 cents
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”