Top Gear - On that bombshell..
Thing is though, both Hammond and May won't do it without him. No offence to them, but Jezza was the ringleader.
There are hundreds of channels who would gladly buy the rights to Top Gear, and if they pay better/improve on what the BBC had given the presenters, I see no reason why Top Gear cannot continue, just on a different channel.

The BBC are so politically correct, it becomes funny. Clarkson has done SO many stupid things, and that's why the world loves him.
Good luck finding another show which people under 50 can enjoy watching. I hardly think they'll stick around for Call the Midwife or Strictly Come Dancing.

The following 1 user Likes Safira's post:
  • Suarez
What he did was wrong, and due to all the media, I feel the BBC felt they couldn't just let everyone know that someone punched a producer and got away with it.

I'm gutted, but he messed up.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
(03-26-2015, 06:51 AM)Safira Wrote: The BBC are so politically correct, it becomes funny. Clarkson has done SO many stupid things, and that's why the world loves him.
Good luck finding another show which people under 50 can enjoy watching. I hardly think they'll stick around for Call the Midwife or Strictly Come Dancing.

Firing someone who punched another employee is not politically correct, its common sense. He was a great guy but he simply fucked up. The fact that he runs a good program shouldnt make him immune for things like this.
(03-26-2015, 08:57 AM)Baskingner Wrote: Firing someone who punched another employee is not politically correct, its common sense. He was a great guy but he simply fucked up. The fact that he runs a good program shouldnt make him immune for things like this.

Wasn't talking about this event in particular. All his actions have been looked down upon by the BBC.
I do not condone his behavior, but that's just the way Clarkson is.

I mean, look at Bieber. He's spat on, pushed, assaulted, egged, you name it, a bunch of guys, yet he's still got a record deal (sadly).
It's just unfortunate that the BBC have lost their most entertaining presenter.

The following 1 user Likes Safira's post:
  • Dauntless
Clarkson should go to Dave and take over First Gear.
(03-25-2015, 11:07 PM)samzo Wrote: I'm gutted, honestly gutted. He is the heart of Top Gear. If they decide to carry it on, which they probably will with a new producer I most certainly will not be watching it. He is a legend and cannot be replaced.

Wrong move by the BBC, stupid move also.

Again, this isn't a case of BBC firing him for the hell of it. He punched a producer in the face. That's not BBC making a "wrong move" - if anything, it's Clarkson who made the wrong move (and the stupid move). 
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
He was on his final warning (racist comments etc). He deserved it, even if he's funny. He says he might start his own program now so uh. And why is this so focused on when there are far more important stuff to focus on... like say.. California dought? This world has such a stupid priority lol.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
I imagine Jeremy doesn't give a shit. I would just look at it like retirement. He's loaded, I don't think he really gives that much of a shit.

He may now kick back and just take the rest of his life with ease.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
BBC is freaking powerfull. They don't need TopGear at all.
(03-26-2015, 12:32 PM)Floodify Wrote: He was on his final warning (racist comments etc). He deserved it, even if he's funny. He says he might start his own program now so uh. And why is this so focused on when there are far more important stuff to focus on... like say.. California dought? This world has such a stupid priority lol.

The California drought hardly affects us in the UK. If we had a drought I'm sure those in America wouldn't care too much.

OT: I'm gutted this has happened. A suspension would have been enough. The BBC seem to forget that the taxpayers pay for the BBC to run and so we should dictate what is shown and what is not. 

Yes, what he did was out of line but he has done so much for British television as well as television worldwide. The BBC will lose millions of viewers now as Hammond and May have confirmed they will not continue on with the show.

I really hope Sky buy the rights to Top Gear. They are the only ones I think could do a good job.
The following 4 users Like GeorgeTheBoy's post:
  • Nacreas, Dauntless, Safira, Faustie