Roleplay
Heart 
Hey there, folks.

I'm a big fan of both detailed, simple roleplay and that of roleplay which affects a lot of other's gameplay.
Now, Fearless is more roleplay than a few arrest warrants, molotovs, adverts and various cafés scattered around the map. You can make anything that most people would consider insignificant into an exciting, involving roleplay. That's why I took the time and energy to create something called Evoianstag.
One of the neglected sides of passive roleplay is politics. Mostly because it's presumed boring or; it's much easier to simply taxwhore, weed legal, guns not, yada yada- BUT, imagine we could make the nexus more than a raid timebomb? Or a decoy den for a dictator? Imagine the Nexus could be the hub for some great, politically related roleplay.
This is what I had in mind when I was creating this mock-government. I decided the total presidency of EvoCity was just bland, boring so I invited a good friend of mine to become a Chancellor and turn the dictator-prone EvoCity into more of a realistic government. At the same time, my appointed Chancellor wasn't just a prop /job to make him "ooh, government". No, while I headed the laws and taxes of EvoCity (with his advisement, of course), he was the one in-charge of public services; including your Police, SRU, Firemen and Paramedics. Not only that, but instead of sitting on our thumbs and taxing you as much as we could before we were inevitably crucified by a group of galil-adorning Guy Fawxes, the tax was a steady 5% to encourage Secret Service recruitment and there were occassional periods of time where the tax was disabled and recognised as a holiday.
Laws weren't primative, thoughtless restrictions. They were systems that rewarded the vigilant and loyal with gun licenses and marijuianna rights and penalized the criminals with banishment, propaganda camps and even death!
Meetings weren't the stock standard 'Cuff and Drag' procedure, you simply had a meeting with myself or the Chancellor (who even lacking the orange name box, was just as important at this point as myself).
And of course, to keep things interesting and give the 'Rebel' faction a cause, there was a propaganda camp for prisoners so that despite a unique, bold attempt at an interesting government, there was still room for people to disagree. Which is a democracy. Which is a government.
And finally, before the server had one of it's inevitable 'hiccup' crashes, we held an election which saw the nexus lobby filled with around 8-9 Non govt. people... Which is rare unless there's a raid or they're not meant to be there.

Now, of course I'm biased towards political roleplay being done to a high standard but this isn't necessarily a set in stone example to follow suite. Don't just make realistic governments.
Make realistic rebels, make sure it's a cause you have and you are protesting and recruiting while boasting your side, struggling to push past the ceiling inequality has confined your character inside while refusing to back down to the government that restrains you there. Not just mugging and carjacking.
Create a cultural Corleone patriarchy built on respect. Use intimidation techniques to get your way with the city dwellers and pay your cuts and tributes to your bosses. Talk, charm and scare your way up the familga's ladder and make the criminal family you hold as dearly as your own as powerful as it can be. Meet with associates of your family and have a sit down, discuss business with them or have uneasy talks with rival families regarding territory and money. Not just contrawhorng and kidnapping.
Assemble a Police Force built on Courtsey, Proffesionalism and Respect. Be firm but fair, patrol the city and interact with citizens, visit businesses and create relationships between your fellow officers. Approach every crime with discretion and try to investigate the true culprit before performing an arrest. Rise through the ranks of EvoCity's finest and carry out your oath - your promise to the people. Not just door-kicking and tazing.

This is the beauty of this gamemode which makes it unique. No other server has this bizzare underlayer of potential confrontations and interactions within a roleplay universe. You are as immersed as you allow yourself to be. You can lose yourself for hours within the jobs that are already there if you act realistically and involvingly and even more with just a simple idea and the /job tool.
Don't follow suite of the bland 'farm weed, get gun, shoot polis, die, repeat". Make your character one with a story worth telling.
Nice job!
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
Good work! c:
I agree with you there, I did have a good political RP going on with Laurenz (Which sadly is really unintentional, I would really like to do it again sometime), I basically established EvoCity as an independent City State and started up the "EvoCity Democratic Council" (or something like that), which involves different political parties, voting, and decision making from everything to the tax to the flag design. Unfortunately, dinnertime just had to be aligned at the right time, so I left disappointing Laurenz and the guy beside me who was the leader of the EvoCity Monarchy Party (or something like that).