What Laptop should I Buy?
Well, as some of you may know, I run OSX on a Mac. It's really f*cking stupid that I can't download the games or things I want without using a partition, which I've made. As some of you know, partitions are at some points, a buggy mess when trying to do basic things, like turn up the volume. Well, unless it isn't, which is for the most part impossible. Although the specs for my Mac are pretty good, I still think I need to invest in a new computer. Here's the problem. I don't have a desk that can easily support a large desktop, sadly. Therefore I need a laptop that is efficient in many things, as well as gaming. Here are the options...
  • Sell my Mac, and buy a nice, expensive computer, like the new Razer Blade.
  • Sell my Mac, and buy an average computer.
  • Keep my Mac, and get a sh*tty laptop.
  • Keep my Mac, and work my ass off so I can get a nice, expensive computer.

I personally like the first option, but there's a catch, the new Razer is like 2,600$. That's more than the Mac, so that means I'd have to work a lot more, which wouldn't be a problem. I just want to see what you guys think. If you have any other ideas, please feel free to reply with them.
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
Erm...
Why not sell the Mac, buy a brand new spankin' computer and a better desk to go with it?
(10-30-2014, 11:54 PM)GRiiM Wrote: Erm...
Why not sell the Mac, buy a brand new spankin' computer and a better desk to go with it?

Too lazy to build one. Desktops are out of the question, for now.
Sell the Mac, stop being lazy, and build a better computer than the Razer for a greatly reduced cost. It took me about 30 minutes to assemble everything when I built mine.

Here, other people already did all the hard work for you: www.logicalincrements.com/
The following 1 user Likes Faustie's post:
  • GRiiM
(10-31-2014, 12:17 AM)Faustie Wrote: Sell the Mac, stop being lazy, and build a better computer than the Razer for a greatly reduced cost. It took me about 30 minutes to assemble everything when I built mine.

Here, other people already did all the hard work for you: www.logicalincrements.com/

Dear lord. I love you.
Mac is stupid unless you're some sort of nob who only writes and graphic design/web design..so yea, sort of makes me to a nob, anyway - Mac sucks. go for an acer maybe
Kind Regards,
Floodify
Mac certainly doesn't suck.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
Mac certainly is stupid compared to what you can get for the same amount of money if you purchased a PC (not counting AlienWare). It is good for photo editing and video editing, but generally it is 'just' status to have, rather than functionality, in terms of comparing it to a same-priced computer. It may handle games, but it isn't as optimized and as far as I know few games doesn't exist on mac and we all know they don't got as good graphic card as if you would buy a new computer for the same amount of money at the right place.

Not to mention that you have to buy a mother trucking adapter to stream videos via HDMI (mac doesn't even got HDMI..). Same with adapting it - It's pretty much the same like with the iphone OS. You have to jailbreak it to DO what YOU want to do, whilst in Windows you have the option to pretty much change what you want if you got the right knowledge - It's an open source and not locked down like Mac is.

Sure, there are, as I said, aspects that makes them good. But having it for reasons such as "You're cool" or "You feel important when you got a mac" is just lame. You buy a computer to have something that is worth the money and worth the actual time. Not a device that is there to professionally edit photos or videos if you don't do it as a profession (works on PC as well) or write a simple document. I simply see it as a status rather than a functionality for the general computer users.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 1 user Likes Floodify's post:
  • GRiiM
FalconWare ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The following 1 user Likes HellShell's post:
  • Falcon
Floodify Wrote:Mac is stupid unless you're some sort of nob who only writes and graphic design/web design..so yea, sort of makes me to a nob, anyway - Mac sucks. go for an acer maybe

Calling me a Knob mate?

OT: Buy a desktop loads of companies will build it for you
[Image: JrWpsNC.png]