Unban request - Iacboy
Your name: Iacboy

Your ban ID: 55090

Banned by: [FL] Floodify

Reason: BRA (53383) - Metagaming, 8th ban, prior bans

Involved: George, Jordy.

Why we should unban you: After asking a few admins if they thought it was valid, they have said yes it was valid to me, in my opinion its not, but as I was banned by a staff member and others agreed on its, it's then valid.

Anyway, I think 10 days is a bit of a long time, the reason says I have prior bans with it? But I have only one ban related to meta gaming(which is this ban).
I thought it was people who had more of the same type of ban got more heavily punished for it as they have repeatedly broken the same rule? 

In my opinion 10 days is a hefty punishment for a small conversation which in fact did't cause any rule breakage, the only thing that happened was that when I got onto the ground floor(where jordy and George were) I then said get your guns out, I did't say "oi lads get up here and kill greed hes on top floor" while been on the top floor as you can tell by the video I was a little shocked to see someone had a shotgun, a gasmask and had broken into a secure compound.

I simply replied with which floor he was on, I then gave the order in game to kill him in game, not via Skype.
All in all I think 10 days is a large punishment for a minor rule breakage, which in fact did't change the way the game play was played because he would of died either way(Breaking into a secure compound owned by the president and attempting to murder the president)

I've included the video too if you wish to re watch it and do not want to go back to the ban request.

http://youtu.be/68jsC-xMn3A
Ban is valid, whether you think so or not. You got your answer from other admins than me, which proves that it is indeed valid.

The reason 10 days ban is because of partially because it's your 8th ban but also because of the prior bans of yours. You have been permed before and the aspects of that ban was taken in to consideration when deciding the time. Your most recent ban was also one month ago, which is another thing in the "prior bans" section. All in all, it was not simply based on your current rulebreakage, but your prior ban history too.

It doesn't matter if you thought it was just a little line of metagaming - it was after all metagaming. The very results of what would of happened isn't affected on whether it is to be considered as a small rule breakage or not. You metagamed - it's a rulebreak and is defined as any other.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
(10-22-2014, 08:41 PM)Floodify Wrote: Ban is valid, whether you think so or not. You got your answer from other admins than me, which proves that it is indeed valid.

The reason 10 days ban is because of partially because it's your 8th ban but also because of the prior bans of yours. You have been permed before and the aspects of that ban was taken in to consideration when deciding the time. Your most recent ban was also one month ago, which is another thing in the "prior bans" section. All in all, it was not simply based on your current rulebreakage, but your prior ban history too.

It doesn't matter if you thought it was just a little line of metagaming - it was after all metagaming. The very results of what would of happened isn't affected on whether it is to be considered as a small rule breakage or not. You metagamed - it's a rulebreak and is defined as any other.

Note: Sorry it took some time to respond but timezones are timezones.

Anyway I did say in my original post that I got my answer from other admins and they said it was valid, that was why I did not go down that path of why its not valid.

The way you have worded "You have been permed before and the aspects of that ban was taken into consideration when deciding the time" I'm going to assume you mean the terms of my unban?

""- You unban you

- Ban stays on record
- Any attitude problems* from you will lead in extra hard punishments. (added on this bit, or a perm ban.)

- Insulting other players
- threatening other players
- Insulting staffmember
- Threatening staffmember
- Raging in OOC
- Failure to control temper in general""

Non of these terms break any in game rules except arguing with a staff member and insulting players in OOC.
Now, 3 of my bans are from late 2013, there is 1 ban in the first month of 2013, go up 2 more bans and there is then a gap of 4 months.
The 2 bans I've gotten recently where I have just came on the server from leaving.
No problem, it was late anyway,

Pardon me if I were unclear, but I specifically meant that one of the reasons for the extended time, was the fact that you had been permed. This ban including your other bans is what decides the total time, whether you had any terms or not. Those were specific terms (I had no knowledge about them either) that would give you harder bans, not bans in general. Just because that ban has been given terms - Doesn't that mean that the ban and the chance you were given is not to be considered. You have received 3 bans (including this) since that, and you should know far better than this.

You metagamed after you were given extraordinary chance of coming back to FL and it just shows your lack of respect of the rules, which made the time far more longer. You have plenty of experience yet you fail to follow the simple rules given to you and that is also an important factor in this ban.

Ban will stay as issued. Denied
Kind Regards,
Floodify