[EVENT] The Anticosti Island
APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED

The Anticosti Island

In early 1799, a island was inhabited by some of the early founders of Evocity. The offical name of this island is unknown, but it goes down in legend as "Anticosti" - named after a Latin island.

After a huge shuffle of the tectonic plates, the island submerged deep under the Evocity lake. In 1952, after hundreds of years of deep hibernation, an earthquake caused the island to shoot back up by over 8 meters. In 1971, the government of Evocity purchased the island from the global authority of nature for $23,780,000.

Later that year, a virus known as repuadmin killed over 80 citizens, leaving the population of the island at an all time low. The island suffered from severe funding difficulties as the local governments felt there was no need due to very low inhabitant levels. The island was left for dead, and was a lonely wreck that nobody dared to talk about.

Anticosti was placed under management by the Ministry of Recreation, Hunting and Fishing and in 1983 the process began to set up a working municipal structure.

In 1984, another earthquake hit Evocity and Anticosti changed. The landscape moved and shifted ; rocks became loose and homes were lost. A huge oil pool was discovered, and an unusual interest was then shown in the island.
In December 2004, some brave adventures stepped foot on the island and explored how people lived. They reported all back to the Evocity government, and due to the dramatic rise of immigration, they decided to commission a multi million dollar project to make the island inhabitable.

To this day, Anticosti has over 30 citizens and staff living there. Even though the conditions are far from perfect, it is good enough for the sustainable amount of immigrants that are entering into Evocity.

[Image: textDivider.png]

Pre-Made Jobs

These are the jobs that is a requirement for the island to actually work. The Government section will not apply able as that will be represented by Estleback Corporation members. The other jobs are apply-able and there is only a limit for how many users can be in the specific job (except Citizen). We do encourage to make your own jobs in the event. There are no limits for what jobs can be made (needs to follow the rules below). Put effort and history in to your character and jobs in this RP, as that will make this more realistic and more enjoyable.

GOVERNMENT - Non Applyable

Governor - The governor runs the place, sets the laws and is the face of the village. Pretty much the equivalent of the president.
Border Guard - The border guards let those in with a valid passport via the islands boat.
Guard - These guards makes sure the laws of the island is enforced and properly followed. They will also help out any citizen in need of assistant.

CIVILISATION

Citizen - These citizens live on the island and creates various activities with the other citizens. They can also set up any shop they may wish. [No limit]
Chef - He supplies the island with food via the local market. [2/2]
Doctor - He makes sure everyone is feeling okay and if anyone requires any medicine, he will be available to sell this to the citizens. [1/1]
Musician - The musician sits by the fountain and amuses the citizens of Anticosti. [0/1]

UNDERGROUND

Black Market Dealer - This man supplies the island with items you can't find on the legal market. He has to smuggle it in and make sure the border guards won't find any illegal items on him. He has to be very civil to avoid getting caught.[2/2]
Hobo - These individuals will live in the street. They have to steal food in order to survive and hates the government. They protest for better standards and is mainly thinking of themselves. [5/5]

Date, Time and Location

Event Server, 8:00 PM (GMT+1), 12-08-2014.

Event Rules

These are the rules that needs to be followed. All the rules have a reason behind it, and if any of these are broken you will be kicked out of the event.
  • Weapons is prohibited. We wish for this RP to be a passive RP (however the Government may use small pistols to increase the safety of the citizens of Anticosti. However, they may be random drops of light weapons over the island. But a mass killing spree will not be tolerated.
  • Molotov may not be used at any point. This is because of obvious reasons (whole island is made of props).

• The level of realism in this RP needs to be over the top to make the experience better. Future RP for example may not be made.

• If you are becoming hungry, go buy food from the chef, if you are hurt, go to the doctor. Do not use the inventory items you have gotten as that will make the economical system on the island failed.

• As Black Market Dealer you cannot work out in the open, but have to do your deals in the dark corners of the island. You should preferebly RP that you have to smuggle in your items (like actually going from the main land to the island via the boat in order to bring your items in). This will increase your RP but also the border guard's RP.

• If you intend to do musician roleplay, refrain from playing hip-hop and dubstep music. The modern world hasn't fully reached the island, which means that the modern hip-hop and dubstep music is not available, and the musician is as well in no possession of heavy DJ set, but only the simple instruments a musician on the road has.

• If you are a citizen, you may create a custom job. However, it shall not be a too aggressive job (like secret agent or "classified", wearing a gas mask etc) as the aim for this event is to make it as passive as possible. An example of what you can RP as is a mechanic, a plumber and a trash man.

• There are few buildings. The two main buildings is mainly for shops (one building has one apartment, reserved for the Governor). There is a sleeping house with a limited amount of beds, and if you do not get any space for a place to sleep, you can RP that you live on the mainland and works on the island (travelling with the boat from the mainland to the island).

Apply for the Event

APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED, YOU CANNOT APPLY ANYMORE

Code:
[b]Character Name:[/b]

[b]Your real age:[/b]

[b]Steam name:[/b]

[b]Hours on the server:[/b]

[b]Do you intend to do any special RP in the event? If yes, please describe it:[/b]

[b]Desired Job:[/b]

[b]Have you read the event rules and understood them?[/b]

Participants

GOVERNMENT

Governor -
Border Guards -
Guards -

CIVILISATION

Citizen -
Chef -
Doctor -
Musician -

UNDERGROUND

Black Market Dealer -
Hobo -
Character Name: Luna Delanoir

Your real age: 20

Steam name: Cpt. Decay

Hours on the server: 1047 ( while posting this)

Do you intend to do any special RP in the event? If yes, please describe it: If i got in id be the typical low life criminal selling drugs for money to afford my own drugs and with this event i can do some realRP with the BMD job.
like you said id have to smuggle my goods in and i can think of various ways to do this.

Desired Job: Black Market Dealer

Have you read the event rules and understood them? Yes
[Image: tumblr_oq4diiJxBR1uo87guo1_500.gif]
Your real age: 17

Steam name: Futilelamb

Hours on the server: 1024

Do you intend to do any special RP in the event? If yes, please describe it: Not much away from the description in the job line, just extreme rp to the best of my ability, perhaps I'll let word get out around an island that a "big" shipment will be coming in and word will get to the authorities and Weill see whats happens from there but nothing too out of the ordinary. Though I intend to be a high end BMD what looks to be your average business man that no one quite knows what I do for a living, I'd be waring a suit and acting like a higher class citizen, but in the shadows I'm always making deals to those of lower class and upper class, in big shipments and small.

Desired Job: Black Market Dealer

Have you read the event rules and understood them? Indeed
Decay and Futilelambs has been made the Black Market Dealers. I look forward to your creative RPs for this job!
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 1 user Likes Floodify's post:
  • Decay
Your real age: 15

Steam name: [FL:RP] <,BUSTED>>

Hours on the server: 322 Hours

Do you intend to do any special RP in the event? If yes, please describe it: I am not sure, perhaps I will be having a stagnation in food because the Import boats have been getting attacked. Or something I am not sure, I have never went to an Event before.

Desired Job: Chef

Have you read the event rules and understood them? Yes!

Some questions, will things on the Event server effect the rest of the servers? Like money, Items ETC
Character Name: Brian Taylor

Steam name: [FL:RP] EuanJ97

Hours on the server: 392 hours

Do you intend to do any special RP in the event? If yes, please describe it: Flash deals as a chef, new foods or rare foods being on sale or at a lower price for a small time as a chef, and I may do a tour of the island as a citizen or a fitness coach, keeping the inhabitants fit and healthy

Desired Job: Chef or Citizen (If chef is full)

Have you read the event rules and understood them? Yes I have
Character Name: Daniel "Blurr" Robertson

Your real age: 15 Year Old

Steam name: [FL:RP] Blurr

Hours on the server: 1200 +

Do you intend to do any special RP in the event? If yes, please describe it: If I were to be accepted I would make a small medical store for the people of Anticosti Island, I would treat the wounded and sick and make sure every one is healthy on the Island. The money I would make from the medical store will be used on food to keep me alive and healthy.

Desired Job: Doctor

Have you read the event rules and understood them? Yes!
The following 1 user Likes Blurr's post:
  • Wood
Character Name: Geoffery Lockson

Your real age: 15

Steam name: [FL:RP]SMEX

Hours on the server: 955

Do you intend to do any special RP in the event? If yes, please describe it:
I intend to not go too far from the job description I intend to protest for human rights etc. for clean water, food and housing.
Desired Job:
Hobo
Have you read the event rules and understood them?
Absolutely
Character Name: Fransesco Johnson

Your real age: 16

Steam name: [FL:RP] Weecow

Hours on the server: 1600~

Do you intend to do any special RP in the event? If yes, please describe it: Sure but I need to be there in order to think of one, and do one.

Desired Job: Hobo

Have you read the event rules and understood them? Yes
Character Name: Jan Swagolini

Steam name: [FL:RP] Jan

Hours on the server: 910

Do you intend to do any special RP in the event? If yes, please describe it: No idea yet.

Desired Job: Chef.

Have you read the event rules and understood them? Yup.