Gmod Crashing
So I haven't played Gmod in a considerable amount of time. Now when I try and launch the game it starts up with the loading screen saying loading in a black box in the right corner and it crashes a few seconds after that with no error message, I've tryed re-installing it, deleting all the related files and installing it again however it did not work and I'm clueless as to what to do.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
By reinstalling, do you mean that you deleted the garrysmod folder? Or did you delete the local files and download? Have you also tried verifying Garry's Mod's game cache?

Also, have you tried updating your graphics drivers?
With all due respect,

Trevor Jackson

[Image: ActualSig.jpg]
You might have a overlay of subscribed Adonis and plugins in the workshop.
The game starts up slower the more you have and if you end up by having too many the game will crash in the launching.

Even if you deleted the Siddons in your folder will they auto reinstall in the loading screen. It does not wait for your game to actually start.

Try to unsubscribe to some of the workshop plugins you have subscribed on.

( If you have less than 20-30 ish then it's not the issue )
(07-18-2014, 10:03 PM)Bowie R. Wrote: You might have a overlay of subscribed Adonis and plugins in the workshop.
The game starts up slower the more you have and if you end up by having too many the game will crash in the launching.

Even if you deleted the Siddons in your folder will they auto reinstall in the loading screen. It does not wait for your game to actually start.

Try to unsubscribe to some of the workshop plugins you have subscribed on.

( If you have less than 20-30 ish then it's not the issue )
^^ un-installed every addon that i was subbscribed to, wasnt above 30 i guess but it did not fix the problem.

(07-18-2014, 09:56 PM)Trevor Jackson Wrote: By reinstalling, do you mean that you deleted the garrysmod folder? Or did you delete the local files and download? Have you also tried verifying Garry's Mod's game cache?

Also, have you tried updating your graphics drivers?
I re-installed the game by deleting the folder and by deleting the local file in the steam menu, i've updated my graphics drivers and verfied the cache, and it's still not working.

Thanks for the suggestions though.
Have you tried some of the suggestions in this thread?
With all due respect,

Trevor Jackson

(07-19-2014, 02:08 AM)Trevor Jackson Wrote: Have you tried some of the suggestions in this thread?
Most of those seem to be about joining the server, however I cannot even start up the game as it crashes before I even get to the main menu.
Have you tired the -dxlevel 80 or -dxlevel 91 launch option?
With all due respect,

Trevor Jackson

(07-20-2014, 03:31 PM)Trevor Jackson Wrote: Have you tired the -dxlevel 80 or -dxlevel 91 launch option?
Sorry for a very late response.
Neither of those made any difference.