Fallout New Vegas - Game starts then it goes to the Windows Dashboard
Just bought this game please help:

1. Make sure your computer runs up to the minimum system requirments.

2. Verify Steam Cache (Library >> Right Click on Game >> Properties >> Local Files >> Verify Steam Cache)

3. Try to run it again.

If this does not work, try running as administrator, deleting any mods you may have installed.

I could help you a lot more if you provided system specifications.

(Off-off topic) Don't play dead money late at night. It scared the shit out of my because I played it at 1 in the morning - the point where you are awake but mega-paranoid)
(07-23-2014, 03:29 AM)LoneWolf Wrote: 1. Make sure your computer runs up to the minimum system requirments.

2. Verify Steam Cache (Library >> Right Click on Game >> Properties >> Local Files >> Verify Steam Cache)

3. Try to run it again.

If this does not work, try running as administrator, deleting any mods you may have installed.

I could help you a lot more if you provided system specifications.

(Off-off topic) Don't play dead money late at night. It scared the shit out of my because I played it at 1 in the morning - the point where you are awake but mega-paranoid)
Computer Specs:
Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU @ 3.30GHz
AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
8,00 GB Ram
64-bit Windows

Can you see this?:
http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.p...quirements
I can run it on ultra..

When I verified the Steam Cache it said this when it was done loading: 1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired, I tried to verify it again and the same thing came up again..
How many mods do you have installed? I've had problems in the past with mods causing New Vegas and Skyrim to crash on startup.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
You may be missing 32.dll - search this on steam support forums. It works for me after doing what they had there.
Okay, I am not super knowledgeable about AMD, but I know their GPUs seem to have problems. As Jamster said, 32.dll might also be missing.