Should I overclock my CPU?
I've got a Intel Core i5-4440 3.10 GHz CPU, my question is, should I overclock this, and which would be the right to do so?

[Image: fearless_signature2.png]

Click HERE to see the best sh*t ever!

Yes. Yes you should. make sure first that your PSU can support a form of overclocking before hand.
You should read up on it first and not just "Do it" because if you do it wrong and or the other parts of your PC can't handle it you screwed yourself over.
[Image: cuAfUK9.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Flame's post:
  • Remen3
(06-29-2014, 03:12 PM)Flame Wrote: You should read up on it first and not just "Do it" because if you do it wrong and or the other parts of your PC can't handle it you screwed yourself over.

Exactly, that's why I was asking if you guys could tell me how should I do it the correct way, since I know plenty of ways.

Why do you need to overclock? Is your i5 not fast enough for the things you're using it for?
With all due respect,

Trevor Jackson

[Image: ActualSig.jpg]
Yes, I can play every game and use any piece of software that exists, but when I am gaming without a GPU, I don't play with more high graphics in some guys, and I would like to, and at least get more FPS in them.

Yeah, I would. Just make sure that ALL of the parts in your system can handle it. For example, I'd start off small like I did (4.0GHZ to 4.2) and if it's not fast enough bump it up a little bit. Make sure your CPU doesn't get really hot, though. If it's too hot you might want to buy an aftermarket CPU cooler if you haven't already.
[Image: XiLkxQo.jpg]
(06-29-2014, 09:44 PM)Rule 34 Wrote: Yeah, I would. Just make sure that ALL of the parts in your system can handle it. For example, I'd start off small like I did (4.0GHZ to 4.2) and if it's not fast enough bump it up a little bit. Make sure your CPU doesn't get really hot, though. If it's too hot you might want to buy an aftermarket CPU cooler if you haven't already.

Understood, by the way, this CPU handles up to 3,30 GHz tested, was never tested up to 4.0 GHz so I will cross my fingers when overclocking that.
I now need a turtorial to overclock exactly if anyone would be kind enough to make one for this noob Cheese

(06-29-2014, 11:07 PM)DooZ™ Wrote:
(06-29-2014, 09:44 PM)Rule 34 Wrote: Yeah, I would. Just make sure that ALL of the parts in your system can handle it. For example, I'd start off small like I did (4.0GHZ to 4.2) and if it's not fast enough bump it up a little bit. Make sure your CPU doesn't get really hot, though. If it's too hot you might want to buy an aftermarket CPU cooler if you haven't already.

Understood, by the way, this CPU handles up to 3,30 GHz tested, was never tested up to 4.0 GHz so I will cross my fingers when overclocking that.
I now need a turtorial to overclock exactly if anyone would be kind enough to make one for this newbie Cheese

Just be extremely careful. Also, to overclock, I used OC Genie in my BIOS (one-click to overclock) here's some info on Intel's CPUs: http://www.overclockers.com/3-step-guide...-i3-i5-i7/ hope this helps Cheese
[Image: XiLkxQo.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes bismo's post:
  • DooZâ„¢
(06-29-2014, 07:09 PM)DooZ™ Wrote: Yes, I can play every game and use any piece of software that exists, but when I am gaming without a GPU, I don't play with more high graphics in some guys, and I would like to, and at least get more FPS in them.

Overclocking your CPU is more than likely not going to give huge gains in gaming, if any. Your biggest bottleneck here is most likely the lack of a GPU.
With all due respect,

Trevor Jackson

[Image: ActualSig.jpg]