Introductory Text
Well, let's put it this way. The introductory text that is presented to everyone who joins the server is... badly written in terms of grammar.

I've taken the libery of re-writing it, fixing all the grammatical errors the original had. Here goes...

Code:
Please be patient while the custom content downloads. This server uses a lot of custom models and materials, but it is worth every megabyte.

In this gamemode, the player can get a job and earn money. This money can be spent on food, clothing, weapons and even cars, amongst other things. More importantly, there are 20 different jobs to choose from, each with different goals and styles of roleplay. We aim to make this server as realistic as possible.

Do you want to help people recover from injuries? Sell medicine as a Doctor. Do you want to help keep the city safe? Become a Police Officer. You can also sell products as a merchant - be a Gun Dealer, sell illegal items as a Black Market Dealer, or feed the city as a Chef. Choose a job that fits your style of roleplay!

Unfortunately, there sometimes are players who will go out of their way to break the rules. This can ruin other people's experiences. Spot someone breaking the rules? We have a team of administrators who will look after the server; they will appear in the scoreboard with a star or a shield next to their name. Notify an admin, or if there are none present, tell us at www.fearlessrp.net. We aim to help keep our server clean of rulebreakers and griefers, and you are able to help.

On joining the server, you will see the server menu. This menu shows you everything you need to know, including the server rules, the list of jobs, all the server's bind and commands and even how to donate to our community. Donations, no matter how small, are greatly appreciated, as they keep our community up and running (they also give you perks). You can bring this menu up at any time by pressing the F1 key (default settings) on your keyboard.

Finally, be sure to visit us at www.fearlessrp.net. We are a roleplay community established in 2008, and are continuing to grow. We are a friendly community who like to help newcomers and roleplay experts alike.

The overall size of all the content is approximately 100mb. Make yourself some coffee while you wait! (coffee is available in-game, too)

So what do you guys say about replacing the original text with this one?
(also feel free to suggest improvements)
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
I saw that too, but I never said it.
Didn't want to look like a nerd xD
The following 1 user Likes Biowulf's post:
  • 7rozen_7ear_
(07-09-2011, 05:23 PM)Biowulf Wrote: I saw that too, but I never said it.
Well grammatical errors, no matter how small, have the potential to piss me off. Unless it's ironic.

For instance, when people confuse "its" and "it's", or "there", "their" and "they're". I'm probably crazy (or suffering an extremely early mid-life crisis).
The following 2 users Like Ms. Mudpie's post:
  • 7rozen_7ear_, Noobias
Your and You're.

Your not the only one
(* Trollfaec.jaypeg *)
The following 1 user Likes Biowulf's post:
  • Ms. Mudpie
And I fail to take one seriously.
In my mother tongue, I just can't stand grammar mistakes. I suffer from the same "syndrome" as you do.
© Nudelholz
The following 1 user Likes 7rozen_7ear_'s post:
  • Ms. Mudpie
Thank you, this will come in handy. Smile English is not my mother language, and that leap of text was written by me.

Your -> You're, that was a big failure indeed.

There is 1 mistake in your text: we only have tea ingame, no coffee.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
(07-09-2011, 11:32 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: There is 1 mistake in your text: we only have tea ingame, no coffee.
Uh... last time I checked, coffee was available as a consubable item. Was it removed or something?

Well, feel free to remove it them.
No it is still there
(07-09-2011, 08:01 PM)Sir Raffi Wrote:
(07-09-2011, 05:23 PM)Biowulf Wrote: I saw that too, but I never said it.
Well grammatical errors, no matter how small, have the potential to piss me off. Unless it's ironic.

For instance, when people confuse "its" and "it's", or "there", "their" and "they're". I'm probably crazy (or suffering an extremely early mid-life crisis).

[noob]
So grammar are piss you off if I am said I are to be correct?
Hey everybody, make it sure that you go and make piss him off.
[/noob]

No but, nice job. I like it.

EDIT: What the hell... I put N00b with O's and it changed it to Newbie...?