Community.
Community.

Defined as, "A group of people living in the same place or having a particular characteristic in common."

However in our context, we define community as very simply our collective selves. A group of individuals who came together to interact, create, develop. What we did not see is the inevitable conflicts presented by personality and general lack of consequence those feel will fall upon them in a virtual world. The general 1999 mind-set of, "It's just a game." is no longer an effective one. You are interacting with someone, you are effecting more then just yourself when you play online; and other's should be taken into consideration.

Of course there's no need for a group-therapy session, at least allow the thought in the back of your mind to keep presence there. Do not become drunken with carelessness verbally, socially, and/or emotionally. It will deterate the community's general morale, and require more acts that would break character from players. People break character as much as people accuse those better then them in Counter-Strike hackers or smurfs. and it kills any sense of fun, the whole reason we came here in the first place. Or even bought Garry's Mod, or downloaded Steam, and the list goes on to the initial reasoning for even, simply, existing.

We are Fearless, literally. This community can not be destroyed. Not a DDoser, not a script-kiddy, and some what RyanOnPC would call a "Prune" can even tip the ice.

However, when someone screams inaudibly at you, or calls you a ***, motherfucking vagina-scrooge bitch-tits piss-ass dick face... kind of makes you want to shoot them.

And you can... except you'd get banned... but he started it? Yes but... no reason to shoot him.
Yeah, I see were you are coming from, been there done that. That is why I'm requesting a focus, personally from everyone, and from administrators; to be more comprehensive towards personal conflicts and personal actions towards others. Don't kill Roleplay, you can '@' an admin at a dull moment, and if none are on, you can gather evidence for a BR. Otherwise, not a peep from you.

Also, don't be an asshole in general! And try and be understanding towards others.

Thanks for your time,
- Devin_
(02-22-2015, 03:46 AM)Devin_ Wrote: However, when someone screams inaudibly at you, or calls you a ***, motherfucking ***-scrooge bitch-tits piss-ass *** face... kind of makes you want to shoot them.

Here's where a lot of people are different to you. It is a game. It is the internet and so many people don't take it personally when people insult them. I certainly don't. I received masses of abuse from people when I used to administrate and I couldn't give a shit - I rarely banned them for it either. Obviously, each person is an individual and will take empty insults personally and get offended by them over the internet.

Some people are just insensitive and that's just them - it doesn't necessarily mean they're bad people.
Regards,
aviator
(02-22-2015, 01:40 PM)Aviator Wrote:
(02-22-2015, 03:46 AM)Devin_ Wrote: However, when someone screams inaudibly at you, or calls you a ***, motherfucking ***-scrooge bitch-tits piss-ass *** face... kind of makes you want to shoot them.

-snip-

The following 2 users Like Safira's post:
  • aviator, Duane
wattt?