Timed out. Please help me.
I've de-fragged it. Im still getting timed out. Jesus... It have been 5 days now. Isn't there any solution to this problem?
Okay... one more thing i can suggest...

Go to Start Task Manager--> Find the Hl2.exe--> Right click & set priority to high.

Whilst you're on the Task Manager--> Go ahead and remove things not needed -(things using a lot of CPU or memory)- this should allow a more smoother performance, you just click the item and right click and press end process but make sure what you're ending some things are important- say if you have skype that is a big 'Yes' to remove but things like Dwm.exe - ending this will remove your desktop (Icons-task bar e.c.t) you can get all ended processes back by restarting your computer/laptop.
OMG, it didn't worked either. Im keep getting stuck whem im loading map. And then timed out. Im getting so pissed off right now. Why is this happening to me. five days ago it worked perfectly fine, and now its just horrible.
http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=32922
Did everything as introduced.

Did everything as Ciryl introduced, still im getting timed out. Serisuly?!
So i've donated 325 UDS to this server which i can't play after 100 hours of play-time.
Thats sweet.
Hello.

I think you should try to contact Garry Newman or send a Steam Support ticket :

[email protected] | https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php
[Image: JmCzDqB.png]
If you're trying to join a full server you will get a time out if someone has took your spot.
Im getting timed out alot too! I would be stuck at retrieving server info for about 10-15mins then i will get the msg 'username has timed out' And upon my 2nd or 3rd attempt i manage to get into the sending client info which takes about another 10mins. And it only goes though succesfully once in awhile. On other occasions i will just suddenly be brought back to the gmod main menu to try again from step 1 :/ Its really annoying how i have to spend 45mins - 1hr trying to join a server...
Exactly, Ne0ster.
Im having the same issue, i just wrote to garrys. Still no answer tho.