Ban Request - Daddy Rool & Caratheus
Name of players: Daddy Rool & Caratheus

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:8940343
STEAM_0:0:21347588

Time in GMT: 21:30

Server: v2d

Summary:While I was Head of SS inside the Nexus, Daddy Rool & Caratheus broke inside and began to randomly gun down a desk secretary. Then they proceeded to kill many others that were either unarmed or were in handcuffs. When they both reached a room full of innocents, they immediately gunned them all down at once.

They did this as citizens.

This continued for a while until we finally managed to stop the two.

Afterwards, they claimed that they were abused by the police and that the raid was their act of retaliation. However, I never saw either of them get arrested once, or them complaining about the actions the forces were carrying out.

Even so, I saw no mention of a raid in the chat, so this was clearly initiated at random and without any legitimate reason.

Evidence:http://youtu.be/ssOrdPgvctE
This video starts rather late and misses out quite a lot of the prior part of the raid. We'd changed our "Citizen" job to "Vigilante" and had done quite a lot of RP earlier on with Corleone and Police and such. This wasn't a random raid more of an extension to our "Vigilante" RP.

Would also like to note that during this several police officers broke NLR, while they may have believed our raid to be "random" and "unfounded" this still doesn't exempt them from the NLR rule.
(04-10-2013, 12:32 AM)Craig447 Wrote: This video starts rather late and misses out quite a lot of the prior part of the raid. We'd changed our "Citizen" job to "Vigilante" and had done quite a lot of RP earlier on with Corleone and Police and such. This wasn't a random raid more of an extension to our "Vigilante" RP.

Would also like to note that during this several police officers broke NLR, while they may have believed our raid to be "random" and "unfounded" this still doesn't exempt them from the NLR rule.

I wasn't able to record until later, although the footage does show you trespassing for one, killing an SS for two, and I'm assuming the dead citizen at the top floor was a victim of yours.

Do you know what a vigilante is? That's no excuse to kill a mass number of un-armed civilians, and if this type of RP was to do with earlier, then it had nothing to do with the current players at the time. The President had no quarrel with either of you.

I'd like to mention, again, that I was paying attention to all radio calls. I didn't see either of your names mentioned anywhere. So I don't see any proof of this previous 'Vigilante' RP being related in any way to the current situation at the time.
May I add this definition of vigilante?

A member of a self-appointed group of citizens who undertake law enforcement in their community without legal authority.

A vigilante doesn't murder people, especially government members.
Regards,
aviator
Okay, I admit we may have gone off track of the standard definition of vigilante. We had been RP'ing with police and both narrowly avoided arrest, so we decided to fight back at the government. We didn't just instantly charge in guns blazing and tried to do it more RP like but it ended up like that.

We didn't do it with the intention of annoying or upsetting anyone, it was to just add a bit of excitement really, so apologies if it angered anyone. (Daddy rool would be here to apologise but he's working until late this evening).
your evidence stands for very little in my opinion. you had no nlr timer so clearly hadn't been in the raid at any point before so have no right to start preaching who was killed etc etc. your statement " broke inside and began to randomly gun down a desk secretary" is completley innacurate, a desk secretary did get involved in the gunfight near the end because they tried to prop a door open for ss to shoot through! "Then they proceeded to kill many others that were either unarmed or were in handcuffs. When they both reached a room full of innocents, they immediately gunned them all down at once" the people that were killed were all hiding in a dark room with the president, very difficult to distinguish between citizens and the president who was using them as bullet shields, i may add that president also broke fear rp and run away just before he was put down.

"They did this as citizens." we were vigilantes (yes, ive seen aviators definition of vigilante, but i think it can be interpreted in different ways and is not written in the rules a clear definition)

"This continued for a while until we finally managed to stop the two. " after the raid there was no method of escape as the police and ss were blocking exit and started firing at us again starting another raid

"Afterwards, they claimed that they were abused by the police and that the raid was their act of retaliation. However, I never saw either of them get arrested once, or them complaining about the actions the forces were carrying out." we tried very hard to co-operate earlier in the game and even tried to protect the police, but after showing no interest in the hostaged policeman we then became subject to the police who were trying to get us arrested for helping them and therefore turning us against police

"Even so, I saw no mention of a raid in the chat, so this was clearly initiated at random and without any legitimate reason." in the heat of the moment and not having time to stop and type raid for all to see, we used our voice chat in game to shout raid, there was a civilian that heard this but i have no idea of their name

GLHF
(04-10-2013, 12:53 PM)daddy rool Wrote: your evidence stands for very little in my opinion. you had no nlr timer so clearly hadn't been in the raid at any point before so have no right to start preaching who was killed etc etc. your statement " broke inside and began to randomly gun down a desk secretary" is completley innacurate, a desk secretary did get involved in the gunfight near the end because they tried to prop a door open for ss to shoot through! "Then they proceeded to kill many others that were either unarmed or were in handcuffs. When they both reached a room full of innocents, they immediately gunned them all down at once" the people that were killed were all hiding in a dark room with the president, very difficult to distinguish between citizens and the president who was using them as bullet shields, i may add that president also broke fear rp and run away just before he was put down.

"They did this as citizens." we were vigilantes (yes, ive seen aviators definition of vigilante, but i think it can be interpreted in different ways and is not written in the rules a clear definition)

"This continued for a while until we finally managed to stop the two. " after the raid there was no method of escape as the police and ss were blocking exit and started firing at us again starting another raid

"Afterwards, they claimed that they were abused by the police and that the raid was their act of retaliation. However, I never saw either of them get arrested once, or them complaining about the actions the forces were carrying out." we tried very hard to co-operate earlier in the game and even tried to protect the police, but after showing no interest in the hostaged policeman we then became subject to the police who were trying to get us arrested for helping them and therefore turning us against police

"Even so, I saw no mention of a raid in the chat, so this was clearly initiated at random and without any legitimate reason." in the heat of the moment and not having time to stop and type raid for all to see, we used our voice chat in game to shout raid, there was a civilian that heard this but i have no idea of their name

GLHF

I had a NLR timer but, if you had read what I posted, I wasn't able to capture until later into the raid after I was first killed. I was there from the beginning and I witnessed you killing both government officials and other citizens.

And it doesn't matter what you might interpret the definition of 'Vigilante' as, whether you were working with the government before or you were independent, you do NOT kill innocents. It doesn't have to be in the rules, it's common sense, and it can be classed as RDM.

If you were planning to raid at the given time, it's mandatory that you announce it prior to starting, not open fire on everyone and shouting "RAID!" on the go.

The first that I saw from you, your job was set to citizen. The fact that you changed it to 'Vigilante' after you killed a fair number of people doesn't excuse the fact you initiated it as a citizen to begin with.
We've said our piece and you've said yours, all the evidence is down now. If we've broke the rules and are given a ban then that's fine. I didn't intend to break any rules I was merely trying to do a bit of RP and make some excitement as nothing was happening in the game at that moment.

I feel like this has been blown way out of proportion for what was simply a 5 minute raid.

Also I'd like to comment on this

"The first that I saw from you, your job was set to citizen. The fact that you changed it to 'Vigilante' after you killed a fair number of people doesn't excuse the fact you initiated it as a citizen to begin with. "

We had been set to Vigilante for around an hour before we even thought of raiding the government. We had previous RP's with Corleone's long before that so clearly you are mistaking what has happened.

You can ask "KittyGirlGamer" I believe it is, as she had been held hostage by corleone as a BMD and we saved her. (This is in the Slum area).
We had a "Vigilante" base and had been doing this for a while, so regardless of whether we possibly broke rules in the Nexus we definitely didn't change our job title while we was performing this raid.
mate, if you had an nlr timer why cant we see it? the raid didnt go on long enough for your timer to dissapear. also, we had been vigilante as our job for a long time before the raid, infact, it was our job before trying to save the hostaged policeman by the corleones, as craig said there are witnesses to that. we did this as real as possible and your coming along to try and get us banned with incorrect evidence. just leave this to the admins to decide
(04-10-2013, 06:10 PM)daddy rool Wrote: mate, if you had an nlr timer why cant we see it? the raid didnt go on long enough for your timer to dissapear. also, we had been vigilante as our job for a long time before the raid, infact, it was our job before trying to save the hostaged policeman by the corleones, as craig said there are witnesses to that. we did this as real as possible and your coming along to try and get us banned with incorrect evidence. just leave this to the admins to decide

I'll point out, one more time, that your statement alone contradicts to what happened.

You were a vigilante.

A vigilante works unofficially to bring peace and order into a community without authority from the government.

Ergo, you were unofficial. You were not given any right to kill civilians.