Sordid RP
I am not new to fearless, but this is my first RP server, and I think that admins should seriously give more RP points out, because I have tried many a time to try and get these sort after points, but with no avail, I have tried lots of things; Free lapdance booth, Strip club and try to play as my RP character by farming contra and being an angry american Corleone.
I also think it is quite biased how all the people on the highest RP points list seem to be admins (what do they do, give it to themselves??)
I would just think that if more RP points were given out, newcomers would keep on coming back to the server!!
Note to self don't make this thread into massive argument as usual!!
Lagbot
Roleplaying points are given for what is actually roleplay. First discussions about how little admins are online and now this, this has to stop, really. Nobody can expect admins to see every RP, they award what they see, it's not like anyone goes scouting for good RP, you must make the RP worth the point, and I'm telling you, it's not an easy perk, but once you get one you will be very proud of it.

You posted in the newcomers section, so welcome to Fearless.
Lel another rager.
Welcome to FL! Enjoy your stay
2 posts, both for raging against admins. What's wrong with you ?
And with 2 bans in so short time, I really doubt your RP level is THAT great, or you wouldn't have been banned so fast.

Welcome anyway, somehow.
I think a lot of members here are asking to much of the Team. I personally find that the reason not many points are given out is because no one really does 'decent' role play anymore. An admin needs to notice and admins are busy dealing with the rule breakers. I have managed to accumulate 6 points in 450 hours, mostly through 'decent' role play and getting lucky.

The reason why only admins have the most points is because SoulRipper and the SA team only want to promote good if not great role players, who would have accumulated many points. Also those people think of innovative ideas.
Regards,
aviator
Take a deep breath.. Don't send yourself into the hole at such an early start.

Listen, As an admin, when I'm watching over an RP, I begin to watch for certain elements to really bring the RP to life. /me's are a very big part of to really liven it. You folks begin to think that just talking through your microphone will get you a point. It's better to type and furthermore try to create a decent background. Also another problem is you shouldn't be expecting points 24/7. You are playing on a ROLEPLAY server. You're supposed to enjoy the benefits of just Roleplaying. Also rule breakers are very simple to handle. Half of you just don't strive to create something worth a point. Also recall this isn't Counter Strike.

Finally, Welcome to Fearless. With the previous information given I hope you have a better start. If you have any questions feel free to ask through PMs.
[Image: grubsiggy.gif]
"A man must stand in the eyes of fear and march on to lead those who follow him to victory. Through these battles, a man will build himself a home, a place of refuge and happiness for those he cares about." - Grub
The following 9 users Like Grub's post:
  • Humla, Adman, aviator, Darkkel, Weecow, DoomDude1, GeorgeTheBoy, Verzyn, Narc
Looking at your post and what the admins say, i have to agree with both of you partly. Yes maybe a few extra points here and there would be nice but then think about it, if those points started rolling in like money every 5 minutes, would you really feel so good finally having enough points to buy that gas mask suit, would you really feel the pride of getting that point from a good rp? no not really and it would ruin the point that the points are to show the decent role players, now i myself have played close to 70 hour and received no points from about 2 rp's i have done but i'm fine with that because i know those points will taste so sweet when i do receive them, also i have seen players with over 400 hours and only have 2-3 points so lagbot take some time plan a really good RP ask the admins to watch it and if they like it, you might just get a point. My last point is as narcotic said the Admins can't see EVERY roleplay so do a few and make them big and decent.

~Brian
The following 1 user Likes Brian's post:
  • Ozman
You see, one of the reasons a player gets promoted to admin is because of his outstanding RP capabilities.

Anyway, welcome to the Fearless forums.
I have gotten all my RP points before I even became admin, It isn't forbidden to admins give points to themselves but either way my personal opinion is that it shouldn't be allowed but its not like they are giving points to themselves everyday.
Also when you RP you can't expect you are getting points and if you're begging for em in admin chat or asking come watch this RP you will most likely not get one.
When you're RPing you shouldn't even be thinking about points just roleplay and you'll get one someday.
(01-21-2013, 01:04 PM)Narcotic Wrote: Roleplaying points are given for what is actually roleplay. First discussions about how little admins are online and now this, this has to stop, really. Nobody can expect admins to see every RP, they award what they see, it's not like anyone goes scouting for good RP, you must make the RP worth the point, and I'm telling you, it's not an easy perk, but once you get one you will be very proud of it.

You posted in the newcomers section, so welcome to Fearless.

I heard from a LOT of people that admins usually only pay attention to RP/give RP points out during events.

(01-26-2013, 06:39 PM)Mahti Wrote: It isn't forbidden to admins give points to themselves but either way my personal opinion is that it shouldn't be allowed

This. This.