Questions that could be touched on a little more?
Question 
I've recently been noticing new rules along with updated rules and I noticed a few grey areas I'd like to clear before I continue RPing.

Question 1: As a Rebel can you wear suits for disguise purposes? I know Rebels are poor, but the rules say they can't afford expensive cars or bases. Not trying to loop hole it's just to sneak into the city if you're banned as Rebel can be easier with a disguise.

Question 2: Does FearRP apply if the person holding the weapon has had his/hers back turned to you? (Ex. Someone attempts to rob my store and police show up causing him to turn his attention away from me and towards cops, so I pull out a knife) Also, is he now under the effects of FearRP or is it based open the size of the weapon?

Question 3: As a Rebel or Corleone can you rob a store in the city without taking money, and instead RPing using suit cases? Of course we would ask the owner first via PM if he/she were okay with it.

Question 4: If we were in the process of buying all the doors in a building and someone were to buy the door before we got to it can we threaten them to sell the door? And when I say building I don't mean a building where all the doors lead out onto sidewalk and instead are apart of a one larger build that has one entrance/exit.
(Ex. Slums Apartments on V2D, not the one with three doors, but four apartments within one building)

Also, can you make a barricade that doesn't violate fading door rules when you don't own all the doors inside, yet you were there first?

Question 5: And finally, if your friend is being arrested for a minor reason such as speeding and not mass murder can you pull out a weapon and order him to release your friend if the officer does not have a weapon out? Also, if he pulls his gun is that a reason to then shoot, even though he/she would be breaking FearRP?

These things have been troubling in the past few weeks and I'd like to clear them up. Thank you for reading. Smile

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:53549212&b=12]
Question 1: As a Rebel can you wear suits for disguise purposes? I know Rebels are poor, but the rules say they can't afford expensive cars or bases. Not trying to loop hole it's just to sneak into the city if you're banned as Rebel can be easier with a disguise.

I think it should be an excuse that It was stolen, drug lord something based on that line with suits I think cars would be another story though in my opinion
I've had no problems.

Pulling a weapon if the cops are there gets you shot / arrested. I'm this instance don't do that.

Why can't you? I see no problem.

That's a bannable offense, I have gotten many banned for this. If this happens, it's BR time.

Rules state somewhere that you cannot do that.

I'd wait for the official word, but I am 99.999% sure it's all correct .
(11-15-2013, 05:47 AM)Jarz Wrote: I've had no problems.

Pulling a weapon if the cops are there gets you shot / arrested. I'm this instance don't do that.

Why can't you? I see no problem.

That's a bannable offense, I have gotten many banned for this. If this happens, it's BR time.

Rules state somewhere that you cannot do that.

I'd wait for the official word, but I am 99.999% sure it's all correct .

I think you should rephrase your question cause how you wrote it is a little confusing....

But to answer both scenarios Yes when officers have a gun pointed at you fear rp applies and you cannot pull a gun, it is a ban-able offense.

If you are asking why it is a ban-able offense since people in real life could pull a gun and they would just get shot so why not RP a gun fight if they want to die?

My answer is simply that this is not real life. If someone in real life reached for a gun when officers had surrounded them with guns they would get shot before they got the gun out. The way it works in gmod someone could have a cop pointing a pistol at them and then using binds pull out a gun in half a second and put ammo in it. Which is unrealistic and not only agressive RP but an unfair advantage if allowed. Cause I know if a cop is pointing a pistol at me I could pull out a galil in 1 second and kill him. That is why fear RP is applied. (Fear RP is fearing for you'r life, don't want to die, wouldn't pull out a gun or run)
(11-15-2013, 01:14 AM)sgtbender200 Wrote: I've recently been noticing new rules along with updated rules and I noticed a few grey areas I'd like to clear before I continue RPing.

No. If you wish to wear suits and drive expensive cars (be they stolen ICly or not), make a custom job. The default Rebels are poor and don't wear suits.

Question 2: Does FearRP apply if the person holding the weapon has had his/hers back turned to you? (Ex. Someone attempts to rob my store and police show up causing him to turn his attention away from me and towards cops, so I pull out a knife) Also, is he now under the effects of FearRP or is it based open the size of the weapon?

Depends on the common sense. Would a shopkeeper really try to assault an armed robber who has his attention turned away for the second or would he be frozen with fear? Also, FearRP always applies, the size of the weapon doesn't matter.

Question 3: As a Rebel or Corleone can you rob a store in the city without taking money, and instead RPing using suit cases? Of course we would ask the owner first via PM if he/she were okay with it.

Yes, of course you can. Although, unless you brought one, the question is if a random shop would have a suitcase lying around (ICly of course).

Question 4: If we were in the process of buying all the doors in a building and someone were to buy the door before we got to it can we threaten them to sell the door? And when I say building I don't mean a building where all the doors lead out onto sidewalk and instead are apart of a one larger build that has one entrance/exit.
(Ex. Slums Apartments on V2D, not the one with three doors, but four apartments within one building)

Well, I suppose you could threaten them into selling your property, but I'd make sure that you have exhausted all other options before doing that, as you risk the police coming over there and such.

Also, can you make a barricade that doesn't violate fading door rules when you don't own all the doors inside, yet you were there first?

If you or your friends don't own a door, don't block it off.

Question 5: And finally, if your friend is being arrested for a minor reason such as speeding and not mass murder can you pull out a weapon and order him to release your friend if the officer does not have a weapon out? Also, if he pulls his gun is that a reason to then shoot, even though he/she would be breaking FearRP?

Again, you have to ask yourself (ICly) is it worth it pulling a weapon on a police officer for such a thing as a light arrest for traffic violations. Yes, you can threaten the officer into releasing your friend (don't kill him though), but that should be the last option. If the person pulls his weapon thus breaking FearRP, you should always try to contact an online staff member or if none online gather evidence for a ban request. You can shoot back if shot upon.
The following 1 user Likes DoomDude1's post:
  • Enzyme
(11-15-2013, 10:36 AM)Doomdude1 Wrote:
(11-15-2013, 01:14 AM)sgtbender200 Wrote: I've recently been noticing new rules along with updated rules and I noticed a few grey areas I'd like to clear before I continue RPing.

No. If you wish to wear suits and drive expensive cars (be they stolen ICly or not), make a custom job. The default Rebels are poor and don't wear suits.

Depends on the common sense. Would a shopkeeper really try to assault an armed robber who has his attention turned away for the second or would he be frozen with fear? Also, FearRP always applies, the size of the weapon doesn't matter.

Yes, of course you can. Although, unless you brought one, the question is if a random shop would have a suitcase lying around (ICly of course).

Well, I suppose you could threaten them into selling your property, but I'd make sure that you have exhausted all other options before doing that, as you risk the police coming over there and such.

If you or your friends don't own a door, don't block it off.

Again, you have to ask yourself (ICly) is it worth it pulling a weapon on a police officer for such a thing as a light arrest for traffic violations. Yes, you can threaten the officer into releasing your friend (don't kill him though), but that should be the last option. If the person pulls his weapon thus breaking FearRP, you should always try to contact an online staff member or if none online gather evidence for a ban request. You can shoot back if shot upon.

Alright thank you. Smile
Answered like an angel by Doom himself.

Closing.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator