Fearless Forums
NEW MAP - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: Community & Server Information (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Updates (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=178)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=341)
+---- Thread: NEW MAP (/showthread.php?tid=86682)

RE: NEW MAP - Pollux - 05-12-2018

(05-12-2018, 06:38 PM)sebasti161 Wrote:
(05-12-2018, 06:24 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(05-12-2018, 06:18 PM)perqe Wrote:
(05-12-2018, 06:06 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(05-12-2018, 05:47 PM)CorieTheNub Wrote: I reckon soul should choose v4b

V4B1 was a great map, honestly feel like a lot of the reason we switched was that we were all promised much better FPS on V5P. This wasn't really true at all though. Honestly feel like this map vote is again in a hope to gain better FPS, where we will all be disappointed regardless of what map wins.

If you think about it, it is a really big important factor.

A factor which isn't the fault of the map, that's why I said people are going to be dissapointed no matter what map we go to. Yes I agree it's a massive factor but changing the map isn't going to fix things. Steps are being taken to give us better server stability so I'd much rather just wait for the dev team to work on it rather than them having to work on switching maps for an invalid reason.

you know theres gonna be a massive fps increase if we change to v2d right?

There isn't really if we switch to V2D sexy, benchmarks posted before prove this. At most you'll see +10 FPS at the expense of a map with textures made in paint.

RE: NEW MAP - sebasti161 - 05-12-2018

(05-12-2018, 06:40 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(05-12-2018, 06:38 PM)sebasti161 Wrote:
(05-12-2018, 06:24 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(05-12-2018, 06:18 PM)perqe Wrote:
(05-12-2018, 06:06 PM)Pollux Wrote: V4B1 was a great map, honestly feel like a lot of the reason we switched was that we were all promised much better FPS on V5P. This wasn't really true at all though. Honestly feel like this map vote is again in a hope to gain better FPS, where we will all be disappointed regardless of what map wins.

If you think about it, it is a really big important factor.

A factor which isn't the fault of the map, that's why I said people are going to be dissapointed no matter what map we go to. Yes I agree it's a massive factor but changing the map isn't going to fix things. Steps are being taken to give us better server stability so I'd much rather just wait for the dev team to work on it rather than them having to work on switching maps for an invalid reason.

you know theres gonna be a massive fps increase if we change to v2d right?

There isn't really if we switch to V2D sexy, benchmarks posted before prove this. At most you'll see +10 FPS at the expense of a map with textures made in paint.

1. i said v2d not v2d_sexy, 2. your singleplaer benchmarks arent gonna prove anything when put on the actual gamemode with 60 players

RE: NEW MAP - Cyclone - 05-13-2018

(05-06-2018, 11:46 PM)Fultz Wrote: The main reason I want a map change is because I think v2p is too large for the current player base.

Pine is a good looking map dont get me wrong. But its going in the wrong direction. There is too much open space and buildings that are never going to be used.

Call v2d ugly as much as you want. But v2d is optimal with more than plenty of space to use for any rp you want.

Guys please keep this in mind when voting

When there are lots of empty spaces that are not being used, people tend to get bored. Boredom will lead to them leaving due to fewer player interactions.

I genuinely do not think Pines City will do FL any good.

RE: NEW MAP - Bobby - 05-13-2018

I undo vote for pines and vote sexy v2d because it has more community feel even if the vote is supposed to finish Smile

Heil v2d!

RE: NEW MAP - konsta - 05-13-2018

(05-13-2018, 05:25 AM)Cyclone Wrote:
(05-06-2018, 11:46 PM)Fultz Wrote: The main reason I want a map change is because I think v2p is too large for the current player base.

Pine is a good looking map dont get me wrong. But its going in the wrong direction. There is too much open space and buildings that are never going to be used.

Call v2d ugly as much as you want. But v2d is optimal with more than plenty of space to use for any rp you want.

When there are lots of empty spaces that are not being used, people tend to get bored. Boredom will lead to them leaving due to fewer player interactions.

You're the not the only who keeps saying this, but they won't listen. Just let them have their Pine and let's see how the boredom will eat them up.

RE: NEW MAP - Wado - 05-13-2018

Yes for pines city it looks just as big as the current map but i like how the nexus is central and everything else around it.

RE: NEW MAP - JackZ - 05-13-2018

v2d(s) 119 - 122 Pines City.

This poll is so tight.

RE: NEW MAP - [LT] Sparx - 05-13-2018

It's not just that V2D is ugly, it's more that it would be a literal step back because V2D is missing the space and essential requirements for a few of our recent key updates. For example, the yachts/jetskis, Stormfox weather - just to name a few. Removing these updates will most likely feel like a regression, not to mention that the yellow tint of the map will cause all the new female playermodels to look like they have jaundice.

RE: NEW MAP - User 12049 - 05-13-2018

(05-13-2018, 11:39 AM)Sparx Wrote:

It's not just that V2D is ugly, it's more that it would be a literal step back because V2D is missing the space and essential requirements for a few of our recent key updates. For example, the trucks & trailers, the yachts/jetskis, Stormfox weather - just to name a few. Removing these updates will most likely feel like a regression, not to mention that the yellow tint of the map will cause all the new female playermodels to look like they have jaundice.
How do?

Removing the stormfox = better FPS

Yachts and skis are completely pointless and no-one ever uses them. Any RP used had the thing frozen. Just keep it as a prop.
Trucks and trailers still work.

RE: NEW MAP - Foxirius2205 - 05-13-2018

(05-13-2018, 11:44 AM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(05-13-2018, 11:39 AM)Sparx Wrote:

It's not just that V2D is ugly, it's more that it would be a literal step back because V2D is missing the space and essential requirements for a few of our recent key updates. For example, the trucks & trailers, the yachts/jetskis, Stormfox weather - just to name a few. Removing these updates will most likely feel like a regression, not to mention that the yellow tint of the map will cause all the new female playermodels to look like they have jaundice.
How do?

Removing the stormfox = better FPS

Yachts and skis are completely pointless and no-one ever uses them. Any RP used had the thing frozen. Just keep it as a prop.
Trucks and trailers still work.

but i use them Sad