Fearless Forums
NEW MAP - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: Community & Server Information (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Updates (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=178)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=341)
+---- Thread: NEW MAP (/showthread.php?tid=86682)

RE: NEW MAP - User 12049 - 05-08-2018

(05-08-2018, 08:52 PM)Blurr Wrote:
(05-08-2018, 08:50 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(05-08-2018, 08:48 PM)Blurr Wrote: Well that is a bit unfair adding the original v2d as a vote now even though 200+ votes have be casted.... makes sense really.

I mean the poll is running for a week, we're quite far from it ending so people have a lot of time to change their vote.

Not everyone is going to comeback and bother to change their votes...

I can speak for 99% if not 100% of everyone who voted v2d_sexy that we'd all prefer v2d and don't care about the 'sexy' modification. 

But getting everyone to change? Not gonna happen honestly.

RE: NEW MAP - sebasti161 - 05-08-2018

(05-08-2018, 08:55 PM)Janzo 火 Wrote: V2D and V2D sexy are different maps. Just vote for the one you want and not get rid of a pole option because it would favor you?

thing about having 2 v2d maps is its just going to favor pines city because the vote for v2d splits

RE: NEW MAP - don - 05-08-2018

(05-08-2018, 08:55 PM)Janzo 火 Wrote: V2D and V2D sexy are different maps. Just vote for the one you want and not get rid of a pole option because it would favor you?

I think it is rather unfair it was added late because it now favours pines heavily

Seems to me like it’s ine thing for you and one thing for the other as it favours pines coincidently.

RE: NEW MAP - Joe Joe - 05-08-2018

Okay so the addition of the map makes a difference yes. However wer are technically only done 1 of the 7 days in the poll. So there is plenty of time to register your vote. Both V2D and V2D_Sexy are very different. However I know which one of the two I would prefer.

RE: NEW MAP - Janzo 火 - 05-08-2018

(05-08-2018, 08:58 PM)sebasti161 Wrote:
(05-08-2018, 08:55 PM)Janzo 火 Wrote: V2D and V2D sexy are different maps. Just vote for the one you want and not get rid of a pole option because it would favor you?

thing about having 2 v2d maps is its just going to favor pines city because the vote for v2d splits

They're very different maps tbh. Just vote for the one you like most.

RE: NEW MAP - god - 05-08-2018

"The reason as to why the original V2D is not listed as an option is due to the fact that it would be a considerable downgrade, as it is not compatible with some of our recent additions."

-Is this still true or we find a way to get around it?

RE: NEW MAP - Fultz - 05-08-2018

That is actually hilarious.

Just make the map Pine guys. You don't need to prove anything to us. The staff team holds the right to honestly make the map whatever the hell they want.

Either you guys really want to make it Pine but want justification, or this "official" vote is set up so poorly you do not even know whats going on. I honestly don't give a damn what map you make it. It won't change Fearless in any significant way. The losing voters will be pissy for about a month and everyone will just get over it.

This whole situation was handled poorly, and in the end, we are going to get a really shaky result because of it. I am still going to sit here and say the best way to do this voting is to make the map voting process an event. Everyone on here is talking about the roleplay capabilities on both Sexy and Pine. Why not showcase it? Why not set the map up in a simple beta for a day and let everyone see how the map is going to run? Why not do that? It is the easiest thing to do and it promotes a unique experience for old and new players alike. You will see a huge spike in population on Fearless. Old and new. Maybe you will get older players to come back? Who knows. Maybe all the people who are bickering back and forth will actually enjoy the other persons map they are suggesting? Who knows, maybe I am crazy.

RE: NEW MAP - don - 05-08-2018

(05-08-2018, 09:00 PM)Joe Joe Wrote: Okay so the addition of the map makes a difference yes. However wer are technically only done 1 of the 7 days in the poll. So there is plenty of time to register your vote. Both V2D and V2D_Sexy are very different. However I know which one of the two I would prefer.

Did you have that paragraph ready jesus. Impressive really why wasn’t v2d in at the start

Everything you say or that you have done to alter the thread has favoured pines coincidently

RE: NEW MAP - Blurr - 05-08-2018

I think that the v2d and v2d v3 votes should be combined and v2d should be the option we go for at the end if it wins.

Secondly, I'd like to touch on my screenshot below, Soul states here that when one of these maps wins it will run on the 2nd Fearless RP Server which is not a great idea personally, the whole reason for this map debate in the first place was to replace the main server map, not add a second server to FL. I say this because FL added v2d a while back on a second server and it totally flopped becuase it was joint with two servers and users didn't play it as not many others did, and FL can only fill one server at peak times unlike the two 50 slot servers that used to be filled back in the day. If this map change happens it needs to be a main server switch due to it not occouring issues such as a split playerbase and for the community to slip such as users who voted v2d playing the v2d map and users who voted pines playing the v5p map as an example, this won't work!

[Image: YAvh0KR.png]

RE: NEW MAP - User 12049 - 05-08-2018

(05-08-2018, 09:03 PM)Fultz Wrote: That is actually hilarious.

Just make the map Pine guys. You don't need to prove anything to us. The staff team holds the right to honestly make the map whatever the hell they want.

Either you guys really want to make it Pine but want justification, or this "official" vote is set up so poorly you do not even know whats going on. I honestly don't give a damn what map you make it. It won't change Fearless in any significant way. The losing voters will be pissy for about a month and everyone will just get over it.

This whole situation was handled poorly, and in the end, we are going to get a really shaky result because of it. I am still going to sit here and say the best way to do this voting is to make the map voting process an event. Everyone on here is talking about the roleplay capabilities on both Sexy and Pine. Why not showcase it? Why not set the map up in a simple beta for a day and let everyone see how the map is going to run? Why not do that? It is the easiest thing to do and it promotes a unique experience for old and new players alike. You will see a huge spike in population on Fearless. Old and new. Maybe you will get older players to come back? Who knows. Maybe all the people who are bickering back and forth will actually enjoy the other persons map they are suggesting? Who knows, maybe I am crazy.

You're crazy