Fearless Forums
NEW MAP - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: Community & Server Information (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Updates (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=178)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=341)
+---- Thread: NEW MAP (/showthread.php?tid=86682)

RE: NEW MAP - Chumps - 05-08-2018

(05-08-2018, 07:54 PM)[FL] Depression Wrote:
(05-08-2018, 07:43 PM)Chumps Wrote:
Thank you @Arny for the wonderful piece of work.
Just for 2 small things.
Wow
I now hope Pines wins, when it does, well it will be one empty map since most of the agressive players will leave, since no fun places to base, also the FPS. So I hope you enjoy roleplaying without a lot of players as well in a laggy server.

As said

(05-08-2018, 02:49 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: This is the thing, aggressiveRP's every so often PassiveRP however PassiveRP'ers never AggRP.

You might as well just remove guns no point having them as there will be no-one else to shoot them.

Sir, just leave already if you're gonna leave over a little map change that doesn't have "fun" places for your doomforts.

RE: NEW MAP - Falc - 05-08-2018

(05-08-2018, 08:07 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(05-08-2018, 08:00 PM)Falc Wrote: True Statment

Roleplay is what you make it. How do you expect people to roleplay when they're not only not gonna find you because the maps a hide and seek map and people are 10 FPS.

Yikes.

You know that’s the biggest difference between Fearless now and Fearless before.

People made an effort, no stupid shops one after another begging teachers to look. But SPONTANEOUS ones. Bored? People would group and put something together.

I remember the Crimson Order hide and seek.. An aggressive clan used props wisely to place a dupe and got bored so done that and got hours of fun. Would we see that now? No.

Roleplay like you said is what people make it.

You can have 5 props and 5 people, if you want to enjoy yourselves then you’d find a way to do it, not just put up a shop dupe used by others on the public folder, lol.

FPS is a huge factor. Nobody wants to get 5 FPS looking at a dupe while trying to have fun, it’s not enjoyable and pushes players away and scares new ones off, why come to a server to lag? Backwards logic.

The COMMUNITY has to be put first here and take away selfishness because people prefer a map. Fearless has lost enough players so far, now it’s time to be logical and aim to build up again.

(05-08-2018, 08:10 PM)Yonno Wrote:
(05-08-2018, 08:03 PM)Falc Wrote: And I will add.

Why does it always have to be something new with everyone? Why is old so bad? A few dodgy textures yeah we get that, but it SUITS Fearless and most importantly ROLEPLAY and the players who make it what it is.

Sometimes taking a step backwards can move you 5 steps forward. Because I can put money down that if V2D returns, a shedload of players will return as well as PROPER Roleplay, not this bullshit you call Roleplay at the moment.

Feel free to respond to my comments, I probably won’t reply because I’m lazy. But I’ll read em.

I'm not on either side considering I voted V5P, but performance on V2D "sexy" is only slightly better compared to Pines when I was on the Applejack gamemode with 5 other players (around 55-60 FPS in the city). I can only imagine how awful it would be on either map with a full server.

If V2D ended up being chosen then we should most definitely use the original map, and hope that all additions to the game mode since then have not made performance much worse, either.

I agree with you, the original map for sure!

RE: NEW MAP - god - 05-08-2018

(05-08-2018, 08:12 PM)Chumps Wrote:
(05-08-2018, 07:54 PM)[FL] Depression Wrote:
(05-08-2018, 07:43 PM)Chumps Wrote:
Thank you @Arny for the wonderful piece of work.
Just for 2 small things.
Wow
I now hope Pines wins, when it does, well it will be one empty map since most of the agressive players will leave, since no fun places to base, also the FPS. So I hope you enjoy roleplaying without a lot of players as well in a laggy server.

As said

(05-08-2018, 02:49 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: This is the thing, aggressiveRP's every so often PassiveRP however PassiveRP'ers never AggRP.

You might as well just remove guns no point having them as there will be no-one else to shoot them.

Sir, just leave already if you're gonna leave over a little map change that doesn't have "fun" places for your doomforts.

I understand what you mean however this "little map change" will have a big impact. If you believe that foxirius is going to place doomforts you can either use @ to request an admin, PM the player or make a player reports to resolve the situation.

I believe that certain people are categorised, including myself, for being players that "killfarm" or be "mingey" when carrying out aggRP. Well, we don't! I myself and I am sure the 'others' do put a lot of time and effort into building their bases, hence why they are good. This was something displayed in V2D. Hours of effort just to make the perfect build. 

Foxirius input is useful and a worthey argument.

RE: NEW MAP - Joe Joe - 05-08-2018

FPS this, FPS that. Change your bell. After testing it, this map will have better than V5P which was bettering than V33X and V4B1. Yes V2D has the best FPS however Id rather have some lower frames than a map that is terribly constructed with many missing and incomplete areas. Some areas have work put in where some just look like they were thrown together when the creator was drunk.

And In response to "Born in 3x and made in V2D". Yes I was born in the past but want to play in the FUTURE, and V2D is not the future of FL. It got the chance to be the future many a time. However it failed. So stop taking steps backwards and move forward. Learn how to Aggressive and Passive on a new map, returning to your Routes wont work every time.

RE: NEW MAP - god - 05-08-2018

(05-08-2018, 08:17 PM)Joe Joe Wrote: FPS this, FPS that. Change your bell. After testing it, this map will have better than V5P which was bettering than V33X and V4B1. Yes V2D has the best FPS however Id rather have some lower frames than a map that is terribly constructed with many missing and incomplete areas. Some areas have work put in where some just look like they were thrown together when the creator was drunk.

I am sure these areas can be cleaned up with some world props. Bit peculiar that V2D lasted a phew years before someone thought that the design was made by someone "drunk".

And In response to "Born in 3x and made in V2D". Yes I was born in the past but want to play in the FUTURE, and V2D is not the future of FL. It got the chance to be the future many a time. However it failed. So stop taking steps backwards and move forward. Learn how to Aggressive and Passive on a new map, returning to your Routes wont work every time.

That first bit was a Royal Navy reference. And V2D is the future of FL. And no, it didn't fail, I'll ghostk1ll3r handle that case. And you may refer to it taking a step backwards, however FL needs to do this in order to go forwards. How many map changes have we had in this last year? V2D lasted the longest, making it the best in my opinion.

RE: NEW MAP - Yonno - 05-08-2018

Could we potentially ask for the original V2D to be added to the poll too?

I'm sure that alongside me, several others definitely prefer the original over this relatively poorly made "rework".

(05-08-2018, 08:17 PM)Joe Joe Wrote: FPS this, FPS that. Change your bell. After testing it, this map will have better than V5P which was bettering than V33X and V4B1. Yes V2D has the best FPS however Id rather have some lower frames than a map that is terribly constructed with many missing and incomplete areas. Some areas have work put in where some just look like they were thrown together when the creator was drunk.

Your response has said it all.

All you give a toss about is how to get the best experience for yourself, when in fact it’s time to put the community and other players first in the pecking order.

V2D can be the future based on standard gameplay. FPS is a huge say when deciding a map, because it decides whether one stays or goes.

Fearless is in a bad way, let’s not keep picking new maps to test and then end up not enjoying. Pick a map we know worked, we know was popular when it was on its own and more people here, a map that can be successful given the chance to be a solo server.

RE: NEW MAP - Dimitris - 05-08-2018

(05-08-2018, 08:23 PM)Yonno Wrote: Could we potentially ask for the original V2D to be added to the poll too?

I'm sure that alongside me, several others definitely prefer the original over this relatively poorly made "rework".

YESS !! Please do that and regarding Divey's words I think everyone will agree that the "reworked" version would be downgrading

RE: NEW MAP - Awestruck - 05-08-2018

(05-08-2018, 08:23 PM)Falc Wrote:

Your response has said it all.

All you give a toss about is how to get the best experience for yourself, when in fact it’s time to put the community and other players first in the pecking order.

V2D can be the future based on standard gameplay. FPS is a huge say when deciding a map, because it decides whether one stays or goes.

Fearless is in a bad way, let’s not keep picking new maps to test and then end up not enjoying. Pick a map we know worked, we know was popular when it was on its own and more people here, a map that can be successful given the chance to be a solo server.

Joe Joe is not speaking on behalf of the team (clearly, as you can see from the votes), he is entitled to a vote and opinion just as yourself.

I personally think that FPS is incredibly important.