Fearless Forums
NEW MAP - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: Community & Server Information (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Updates (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=178)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=341)
+---- Thread: NEW MAP (/showthread.php?tid=86682)

RE: NEW MAP - Generation - 05-08-2018

(05-08-2018, 07:28 PM)Envy Wrote: I voted v2d_sexy for obvious reasons, You only have to load Pine City in single player and its obvious.
But anyone else getting weird rendering bugs on v2d_sexy in the city?
Gif below

Spoiler :
[Image: 11swhMC.gif]

Hope its just my game, Happens with the tunnels too and a lot of things in the city.

Then I can't imagine 74 players, CityRP gamemode running on this amateur map, and a 1000 props (for example ClanDupe RP, Event Dupe)

RE: NEW MAP - Cox - 05-08-2018

(05-08-2018, 07:24 PM)Joe Joe Wrote:
(05-08-2018, 07:18 PM)perqe Wrote:
(05-08-2018, 07:07 PM)Joe Joe Wrote:
(05-08-2018, 06:56 PM)Dobbs Wrote:
(05-08-2018, 06:35 PM)Kevin Ramsey Wrote: Well, that's where some proper roleplay can be introduced, such as highway checkpoints for police officers, which I would probably do every time I am an officer, or maybe someone that uses some part of it as construction RP? Speaking about the highway.

I have seen a lot of personal villas being built through props, as well as shops. The gas stations allow proper RP interaction and also the empty roads without trees blocking, which one can use as personal space, maybe villa or just something small such as a little store.

The lake is huge and beautiful, which allows people spawn down and enjoy yacht and jetski's much more than V2D, I can go on all day to be honest.
V2D has its cons, Pines has its cons. Other than you stating what role-plays you can do, which can happen on every V2D as well and the fact that pines looks better, is that it? You got to take in mind also that world houses also play a huge part in aggressive role-play, which V2D offers better than pines. V2D gives the best of both worlds, something Pines doesn't.

Actually; wrong. V2D always has and always will have priority towards the Aggressive Players. This map is different and gives everyone a level playing field. I want a City that actually looks like a City not every 10 buildings has a window if your lucky, and if your extra lucky you may have a working floor.

Its alright you wanting it, but think about whats best for the future.

and this is a question i want you to answer. On v2d do you not agree that the passive rp was amazing. It flowed they all connected. Both aggressive and passive were at their peak. The map and player base play a part in this. The old FL was much better than the new FL, bring back the old map old players come back and you could have a great FL again where there was a cue of 15 people to join the server.

Passive RP is peak on whatever map you play. However PassiveRP was muffled by Aggressive because you couldn't walk 5ft without the Doomfort Bridage at Slums strolling down Main Street eliminating any Government Official in the City. It was a City controlled by Criminals which isn't how it should be. There needs to be a balance. The Criminals do their business without attempting to continuously have domain over a populated City.

This what you have just said makes no sense at all I’m sure if an aggressive rp is disturbing a passive role play they should be banned for that as it clearly states in the rules and on to the other point if someone is doomforting they should also be banned your arguing a invalid arguement it’s like saying you can’t walk 5ft without seeing someone breaking fearRP or propushing which they get banned for doing makes no sense at all what point your trying to argue. As an administrator I thought you would have more sense about the rules and the way things work on the server I normally joke around but seeing this message has made me chuckle to see a staff member arguing a statement about people doomforting when he has the power to ban them.... should know better.

RE: NEW MAP - Chumps - 05-08-2018

Thank you @Arny for the wonderful piece of work.

RE: NEW MAP - Foxirius2205 - 05-08-2018

(05-08-2018, 07:43 PM)Chumps Wrote:
Thank you @Arny for the wonderful piece of work.
Just for 2 small things.
Wow
I now hope Pines wins, when it does, well it will be one empty map since most of the agressive players will leave, since no fun places to base, also the FPS. So I hope you enjoy roleplaying without a lot of players as well in a laggy server.

As said

(05-08-2018, 02:49 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: This is the thing, aggressiveRP's every so often PassiveRP however PassiveRP'ers never AggRP.

You might as well just remove guns no point having them as there will be no-one else to shoot them.

RE: NEW MAP - Falc - 05-08-2018

I’m bored of this shit now.

Y’all trying to hype Pines up, sit down and take a step away.

The FPS will be just as shit as it was on 33x and V4b1, get your heads out your asses and use ya brains. It will be shit for a majority of players.

Fearless isn’t and shouldn’t run maps like that, because it just won’t work out. V2D with a full 50-75 players back in the day had GREAT FPS for everyone. Even my computer which barely works.

You’re happy to point out the flaws of the map, but you’ve missed out the pros.

Slums - Run down area with room to block it off and make Roleplays being poor and mini events like a community like town.

UM - ANY Roleplay can be done there. Military? Yes. Biological Scientists? Yes. Even hippie styled Roleplays there.

The villas and Lake - Out the way and peaceful, loads of space and a huge forest where you can do anything you want.

Lake/Cave - Not the biggest place, but once there its big enough to put a yacht and chill and fish, build a float and gather everyone there and make a party. Spooky looking cave which has a world of opportunities. Space Simulator, man hunts.

“Rebel House” Adjustable to what you want. It’s got the basics leaving you to make it into ANYTHING, walking distance from the City and a big patch of green around it to section off.

I won’t get into the rest cause I’m bored now, but HAVE IT!

You want Roleplay? It’s got it. Interaction? Got that too. Not a big map but spacious? Got it again. FPS when full with hundreds of props down? You betcha!

RE: NEW MAP - Falc - 05-08-2018

And I will add.

Why does it always have to be something new with everyone? Why is old so bad? A few dodgy textures yeah we get that, but it SUITS Fearless and most importantly ROLEPLAY and the players who make it what it is.

Sometimes taking a step backwards can move you 5 steps forward. Because I can put money down that if V2D returns, a shedload of players will return as well as PROPER Roleplay, not this bullshit you call Roleplay at the moment.

Feel free to respond to my comments, I probably won’t reply because I’m lazy. But I’ll read em.

RE: NEW MAP - User 12049 - 05-08-2018

(05-08-2018, 08:00 PM)Falc Wrote: True Statment

Roleplay is what you make it. How do you expect people to roleplay when they're not only not gonna find you because the maps a hide and seek map and people are 10 FPS.

Yikes.

RE: NEW MAP - Generation - 05-08-2018

[Image: 180508101747326314.jpg]
A passive slums

RE: NEW MAP - Yonno - 05-08-2018

(05-08-2018, 08:03 PM)Falc Wrote: And I will add.

Why does it always have to be something new with everyone? Why is old so bad? A few dodgy textures yeah we get that, but it SUITS Fearless and most importantly ROLEPLAY and the players who make it what it is.

Sometimes taking a step backwards can move you 5 steps forward. Because I can put money down that if V2D returns, a shedload of players will return as well as PROPER Roleplay, not this bullshit you call Roleplay at the moment.

Feel free to respond to my comments, I probably won’t reply because I’m lazy. But I’ll read em.

I'm not on either side considering I voted V5P, but performance on V2D "sexy" is only slightly better compared to Pines when I was on the Applejack gamemode with 5 other players (around 55-60 FPS in the city). I can only imagine how awful it would be on either map with a full server.

If V2D ended up being chosen then we should most definitely use the original map, and hope that all additions to the game mode since then have not made performance much worse, either.

RE: NEW MAP - god - 05-08-2018

(05-08-2018, 08:10 PM)Generation Wrote: [Image: 180508101747326314.jpg]
A passive slums

What are you trying to imply here?