Fearless Forums
NEW MAP - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: Community & Server Information (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Updates (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=178)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=341)
+---- Thread: NEW MAP (/showthread.php?tid=86682)

RE: NEW MAP - god - 05-08-2018

(05-08-2018, 07:50 AM)Joe Joe Wrote:
(05-08-2018, 07:49 AM)Dobbs Wrote: People complain about player interaction is poor on V5P, how do you expect this to improve on Pines?

Because the map is smaller. If you read some of the points Pines and v2d are just about the same size. But pines is modem so looks better

It looks better but V2D fits FL better.

Also the reason for voting V2D is not just for nostalgia. Simply it's a good map and in my opinion much better than pines. Pines is a good map but V2D suits FL a lot better.

RE: NEW MAP - Baskingner - 05-08-2018

(05-08-2018, 07:22 AM)Nevy Wrote:
(05-08-2018, 06:40 AM)ryan! Wrote:
(05-08-2018, 06:13 AM)Nevy Wrote: I'm going to be honest - If you're looking for something new and refreshing I'd go with Pines City.

I am a strong believer that RP Interaction shouldn't be forced and I don't believe this game-mode is well suited for V2D considering the large player-base, content (vehicles, etc.) and this V2D one would feel cramped and you'd always find yourself in the middle of a gunfight in town.

I believe a larger map is needed to separate RP's as you shouldn't be forcing people into close proximity as in my opinion it will only create conflict. CriminalRP shouldn't be cramped together around GovernmentRP. 

Additionally, this V2D edit - after just downloading it and viewing it - is complete and utter garbage. Same design as the original, same materials on most buildings. What's different (?) They pushed the street back to add parking for the stores and changed the orientation of the gas station store?

Everything is blocky, open-spaces aren't well thought out and it still lacks the circulation that other EvoCity maps have had which will just result in more shoot-outs at tunnels which isn't something FL needs.

Make the smart choice. 
Pine City or an EvoCity map that doesn't look like Garry's Mod 9.

The point of the server is to interact with people? On Pine, I can buy a building and literally never see another player. I can't think of a time I have thought "wow I wish less people would be around my rp." Large maps do not work on FL.

On v5p, if I build a base out by the farms, literally no cops or other criminals will ever see if. That is the issue with v5p, and that is the issue with Pine.

That doesn't sound like an issue with the map but rather an issue with the Government not properly designating officers to certain patrol routes.

This isn't Base Wars - The objective of building a base isn't to be raided. I'm not certain why you think having a base be undiscovered in Farms is a negative considering you're able to keep your Contraband operations running smoothly. If you're looking to be discovered then there are plenty of options closer that might attract attention. It's your choice.

See, i have an issue with that statement. Youre right, a lot of the time the Government doesnt designate proper patrol routes as a new player will have the position of the president or sergeant and apart from a few cops patrolling together there isnt anything happening on the radio (unless there is an emergency). 

The above situation isnt a problem on V2D, because while there arent proper patrol routes the map is small enough for the police force to cover everything. On Pines some players will never see a cop and can just contrafarm to a $1.000.000 without any risk of getting caught. Its indeed a choice, but when criminals have the choice to not get caught and have zero risk while earning lots of money plenty of people will start doing this. Even if only 25% of the server population is singleplayer contrafarming you'll notice it and thats a shame imo. Why 'encourage' that by using a huge map and making the above situation easier for the contrafarmers?

Besides, if you have a map where you need patrol routes in order to be effective i think the server becomes way to restricting. What i like in FL is that i can do a superdeep goverment RP, creating patrol routes or having a fully set up dispatch, or just hop in my cop car and do a 'low effort RP', ill have fun in both ways! Why take that away by using a huge map forcing the less serious players to become organized and serious while they dont want it? FL is a place where you can still have fun, even without being serious, for me being superserious is the choice.

RE: NEW MAP - ryan! - 05-08-2018

(05-08-2018, 07:22 AM)Nevy Wrote:
(05-08-2018, 06:40 AM)ryan! Wrote:
(05-08-2018, 06:13 AM)Nevy Wrote: snip

snip

That doesn't sound like an issue with the map but rather an issue with the Government not properly designating officers to certain patrol routes.

This isn't Base Wars - The objective of building a base isn't to be raided. I'm not certain why you think having a base be undiscovered in Farms is a negative considering you're able to keep your Contraband operations running smoothly. If you're looking to be discovered then there are plenty of options closer that might attract attention. It's your choice.
"This isn't Base Wars" 

If FL wants to keep pretending that aggressive RPers opinions don't matter, they will continue to lose players.

RE: NEW MAP - Kulthro - 05-08-2018

(05-08-2018, 06:13 AM)Nevy Wrote: I'm going to be honest - If you're looking for something new and refreshing I'd go with Pines City.

I am a strong believer that RP Interaction shouldn't be forced and I don't believe this game-mode is well suited for V2D considering the large player-base, content (vehicles, etc.) and this V2D one would feel cramped and you'd always find yourself in the middle of a gunfight in town.

I believe a larger map is needed to separate RP's as you shouldn't be forcing people into close proximity as in my opinion it will only create conflict. CriminalRP shouldn't be cramped together around GovernmentRP. 

Additionally, this V2D edit - after just downloading it and viewing it - is complete and utter garbage. Same design as the original, same materials on most buildings. What's different (?) They pushed the street back to add parking for the stores and changed the orientation of the gas station store?

Everything is blocky, open-spaces aren't well thought out and it still lacks the circulation that other EvoCity maps have had which will just result in more shoot-outs at tunnels which isn't something FL needs.

Make the smart choice. 
Pine City or an EvoCity map that doesn't look like Garry's Mod 9.

criminal rp is a big part of FL that's why u have a swat team, a team of police officers, and two teams that are committed to being criminals (for the most part), a gun dealer, etc.
and i think it was fairly easy to role play as a government on v2d but that's just me
also if you're trying to role play a city, to your point of separating rp's, everything should be connected in a way. even if you're on the other side of the city, you're not going to act completely unaware about a shootout happening, if you're trying to capture what a real city would be like that's just not realistic.
people should be connected through their different rp's, why separate people so much when the whole point of being on the server is to RP with other people and have fun? it's not to do your own thing and sit in the corner with your thumb up your ass
at least that's how i thought it was played, maybe i'm wrong.

RE: NEW MAP - Pollux - 05-08-2018

It's interesting that contrafarming was brought up and that apparently V2D will stop it. V2D has so many natural doomforts that contrafarming will be EASIER than it is on Pines or V5P. Police will just refuse to half the places on V2D as they know they will die, police currently do it for many places on V5P as it is.

EDIT: Doomforts* I blame mobile autocorrect

RE: NEW MAP - User 12049 - 05-08-2018

(05-08-2018, 10:18 AM)Pollux Wrote: It's interesting that contrafarming was brought up and that apparently V2D will stop it. V2D has so many natural doomforts that contrafarming will be EASIER than it is on Pines or V5P. Police will just refuse to half the places on V2D as they know they will die, police currently do it for many places on V5P as it is.

EDIT: Doomforts* I blame mobile autocorrect

The new V2D map is less doomforty hence why we've chosen it. On Pines you'll be.lucky to even find someone

RE: NEW MAP - konsta - 05-08-2018

(05-08-2018, 07:50 AM)Joe Joe Wrote:
(05-08-2018, 07:49 AM)Dobbs Wrote: People complain about player interaction is poor on V5P, how do you expect this to improve on Pines?

Because the map is smaller. If you read some of the points Pines and v2d are just about the same size. But pines is modem so looks better

lol about the same size, I can say that my community is the same size as yours, yet why I wonder why your community don't interact and socialize that much like mine does. Oh yeah, your community is mainly made of one small main streets with council, shops and buildings and the other half of the community live in different areas outside of that like rural areas, neighborhood that is outside and far and yet part of your community and etc. Your community is basically divided in unimaginable locations. While mine is mainly one big settlement that everybody lives together and interact because everybody are close, sure we got a small lake and luxurious suburbs but won't take long to get there, I can get there on foot with no problem. Come on man, most players in Evocity maps will be in the city like it always has been for many years, everybody were mainly always together in one city that has everything for our needs. 

Back in the day that you despise so much and want something new and modern, believe it or not it was  the golden age where everybody weren't given the privilege to change the map every now and then like we do now, we got Evocity and shut up about it, we weren't spoiled brats like now. If someone had a suggestion about a new map, it would get instant denied, as it was considered to be a blacklisted suggestion. 

I remember that I would sometimes hop in V2D from V33X if I got bored,  I was a V33X player. When I spawned infront of Bank of America, it would have a big crowd consisting of dozens of players all talking, discussing, having a laugh and good time, hell even the rule abiding players that are supposed to show an example to the community and help players with lots of hours and a reputation to hold, they all fucked around and minged for fun and giggles. We didn't have that flashy teacher rank like we do now, players that were loyal with experience to share, they helped out players out of kindness and to make FL a better community, not because it's their duty that they signed up for that comes with a special rank and some of them are hoping to get promoted to staff.

But it's time to move on, time has changed. FL isn't the same, and I am concerned that FL has a threat of aggressive RP decline and I strongly believe that Pine City will only add fuel to the fire, V2D works for aggressive. It was considered the best map for aggressive RP in FL ever, more than my old favourite map, V33X. 

If it was up to me, I'd close the down the poll, this map change thread and poll is only dividing us apart, not working together as a community should, find something to work with together and solve issues that we disagree with and find solutions together. But since this isn't possible as I am not the one to make a call, I say we do an experiment for a week for each map, 1 week for Pine then 1 week for V2D, for the sake of what's good for FL, Pine City supporters could be wrong or we V2D supporters could be wrong. We just have to see for ourselves to see whose right, I call for cooperation to prevent any future conflicts between the two big supporters, V2D and Pine. 

RE: NEW MAP - Cox - 05-08-2018

V2d I voted for just to annoy all the people who voted pines cause there bumlicks half of them

RE: NEW MAP - Falc - 05-08-2018

This is funny to read, maybe later I’ll enlighten you all with some valid reasons why V2D will come back, but until then..

FUCK PINE SHITTY, VOTE V2D, BRING BACK MY HOME!

#V2Disbetter
#Pineiswank

RE: NEW MAP - sebasti161 - 05-08-2018

i would vote for v4b1 but that would just favor pines city