Fearless Forums
Should FL Change Map? - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Discussions (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=481)
+---- Thread: Should FL Change Map? (/showthread.php?tid=86639)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Should FL Change Map? - Deleted User - 05-05-2018

Thread retitled: The People VS The Staff (featuring appearances from some ex-staff)

RE: Should FL Change Map? - Pollux - 05-05-2018

Okay it's getting a bit annoying that people think changing map is the answer to all of FL's problems (people thought V5P would solve everything too). A map change won't fix a horribly optimised gamemode and magically gain a ton of players. I think nostalgia is just taking over common sense in this thread. People are really forgetting how bad V2D looked.

RE: Should FL Change Map? - CorieTheNub - 05-05-2018

It might no fix the problems. But most the players are bored of a huge map that no one plays. I think their needs to be a new system. Maybe map changes or just change the map ever so often. I’m bored of v5p. I wann change up my role play routine.

Listen to the people who make this community possible. Give us V2d. Let us have a refresh. Change it up. If there is still one server. People are going to play it. I have spent enough money on this server. I ain’t gonna stop playing if we change the map.

V2d is also such a friendly map for new players. Easy to learn

RE: Should FL Change Map? - Prosto - 05-05-2018

(05-05-2018, 11:09 AM)DVN Wrote: PREVIOUS MAP 'TEST'

I want to make a very big point about how this is inconclusive evidence in regards to proving what map people wanted with the below points:
  • V2D was introduced alongside V5P, after V5P had gone live. This meant that in our existing, regular playerbase history in the server finder V5P was the only map there.
  • When new users searched for CityRP, they would see two maps. V2D didn't fill up due to the low amount of players in there to begin with, so new users still chose V5P because of the playerbase difference.
  • Existing community members found it harder to migrate to V2D since new players and regular players less in-the-loop still chose to play on V5P in favour of there being more players.

This test is pretty much inconclusive, especially considering the map change vote is currently at 86%+. This shows users, and our most dedicated community members are not happy with V5P.
FINALLY someone explained why the v2d "test" failed.

People simply dont join it because everyone who is not registered on forums, saw more activity on v5p and joined it, have it in their saved tab and have no idea about the 2nd server/dont care about it because it had less people

Thank you DVN for properly explaining. I feel like some people struggling with building simple logic chain of WHY this test was unfair. If we change current map with its IP that is saved in everyone's tab to V2d, people will play it, they wont hate it, they wont leave because they like v5p, most new players dont care about mapm they care about amount of players, active community members and new players alike will most likely be more thankful, due to v2d having a lot less lag, and more player interaction, both agressive and passive

RE: Should FL Change Map? - Grape - 05-05-2018

Not only do people in v2d interact with each other more, have more roleplays take place in the same area and have an abundance of possibilities to begin a new roleplay at any location, but this all occurs with very good FPS and server stability. The map is very nostalgic, and is perfect for all types of roleplays; both aggressive and passive. All of this while maintaining a brilliant FPS and with the community actually feeling like how one should be.

The community itself has voted for a change of map, and most of them want to try v2d out once again. If the poll doesn't speak enough, what will? 

Nothing. The map should change. The people who make the community want it to change.

And for the people who believe v2d won't work again because of the recent 'test', I'd like to quote DVN on this:

(05-05-2018, 11:09 AM)DVN Wrote: PREVIOUS MAP 'TEST'

I want to make a very big point about how this is inconclusive evidence in regards to proving what map people wanted with the below points:
  • V2D was introduced alongside V5P, after V5P had gone live. This meant that in our existing, regular playerbase history in the server finder V5P was the only map there.
  • When new users searched for CityRP, they would see two maps. V2D didn't fill up due to the low amount of players in there to begin with, so new users still chose V5P because of the playerbase difference.
  • Existing community members found it harder to migrate to V2D since new players and regular players less in-the-loop still chose to play on V5P in favour of there being more players.

The test was pretty much inconclusive, especially considering the map change vote is currently at 87%+. This shows users, and our most dedicated community members are not happy with V5P.

RE: Should FL Change Map? - JackZ - 05-05-2018

(05-05-2018, 02:13 PM)Pollux Wrote: Okay it's getting a bit annoying that people think changing map is the answer to all of FL's problems (people thought V5P would solve everything too). A map change won't fix a horribly optimised gamemode and magically gain a ton of players. I think nostalgia is just taking over common sense in this thread. People are really forgetting how bad V2D looked.

I'd take having fun over good aesthetics any day, and even still v2d is literally the same as v5p, v5p is just bigger - the aesthetics are pretty much the same.

v2d is the best map for the game mode right now, Anybody who doesn't see that is either new to the community or never played v2d.

v2d is also what the community wants at this point in time and i can personally say that it will fix most of the server stability issues, A full server on v2d never lagged, Full server on v5p will constantly lag.

The fact that the game mode isn't optimised doesn't matter on v2d, because the game mode was made on that map and that map is what works best on the game mode, My PC is absolutely terrible, like i'm talking it's a potato, and i get 60 fps on a full server on v2d, imagine what good PC's get. Let's get v2d back only map without optimisation issues.

At the end of the day the majority want v2d and it is what it is.

RE: Should FL Change Map? - Luna - 05-05-2018

This is a video made by Sparx and I. This is the map, rp_pinescity_v2b

Please note that some of the textures are black, It is one of the addons I had on the server that caused it to do that.

I personally would like FL to have this map

(05-05-2018, 05:10 PM)Arny Wrote:
This is a video made by Sparx and I. This is the map, rp_pinescity_v2b

Please note that some of the textures are black, It is one of the addons I had on the server that caused it to do that.

I personally would like FL to have this map

Terrible map

RE: Should FL Change Map? - Luna - 05-05-2018

May I ask how is it a bad map?

(05-05-2018, 05:17 PM)Arny Wrote: May I ask how is it a bad map?

Because v2d is better.