Fearless Forums
Should FL Change Map? - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Discussions (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=481)
+---- Thread: Should FL Change Map? (/showthread.php?tid=86639)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Should FL Change Map? - [LT] Sparx - 05-05-2018

(05-05-2018, 10:31 AM)JackZ Wrote:
(05-05-2018, 10:11 AM)Sparx Wrote: Hi guys, what are your opinions on this map?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1299936127

From the screenshots it may look as large as V5P but if you subscribe to it and have a look around you will see this is not actually the case, the city area is far smaller. It takes around 40 seconds less to get from the spawn point to the furthest point on the map than it does on V5P by range rover (50 seconds vs 1 minute 30)

The City has a small governmental building however instead of having floors such as the SRU offices and the courthouse which are hardly ever used, it has one large room for the President behind a guarded desk (Position for Nexus Desk Secretary) which IMO is a much better use of space.

Another two buildings that I frequently see empty on V5P are the offices (Minnesota & the one behind it that's really dark inside). Instead of countless offices with no windows out towards the city, Pines V2B has a large office building comprising two storeys with full floor to ceiling windows. I believe this could subconsciously increase the level of player interaction, as when walking through the city, you would be able to see others moving about above you etc. This 'large window' theme carries on into a lot of the buildings, in fact most of the structures on the map have them.

Oh, and the shops have shutters which is nothing to do with player interaction but I think it's a nice feature!

Anyway, that's just my take. Subscribe and let me know what you think?

FL would not thrive on this map.

I've just spent a short while looking over it and it and although it does impress me as it's very nice there's many flaws.

• It really does not suit Fearless, it's far too large for our playerbase as well - too many nooks and cranny's.
  • The map is WAY too complex and would be impossible for new players to get around - they would get frustrated and just leave.
  • Little to no Shop keeping Passive RP opportunities anywhere on the map (There's roughly 3 shops for passive RP)
  • There are 7 shops in the city that are all empty, 3 by the SRU building and 4 by the bank.
  • Hardly any places for Aggressive RP to occur properly
  • Not really any area in which the Corleone's would suit. 
  • While I agree the style of the houses which is quite contemporary doesn't suit the Corleone job particularly, both V2D and V5P had them spawn at a slightly modern house, and the only house which would have suited them well (The period white house with the ugly interior) hardly anyone used :/
  • Governmental Building isn't very good. 
  • This is more like a town hall, if needed the President could easily reside in the SRU building as there is a large enough office there.
  • No station for Police/SRU/Where is the jail, This map has no jail?
  • [Image: ?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma...olor=black] 
  • [Image: wLkEH9A.jpg]
    This building functions as the government/SRU building, it's got quite a few offices, an interrogation room with a one way mirror and the jails are on the second floor as seen here:
  • No Police Car-Impound area. [Image: 2lbbbu1.jpg]
(Excuse the extremely dark picture but this is at the back of the SRU building. There's also a sheltered parking area outside)

As much as i like the aesthetics and some areas of the map (Such as lake) it would not work on FL, There's too many missing things.

v2d is uncontested in being the best suited map for FL.

RE: Should FL Change Map? - Create - 05-05-2018

I had a look around Chaos City and I thought it was nice, it had all the best bits from all the evocity maps, however, there were not many residential areas, no villas, meaning people would be left with the apartments or the lake. I did like the amount of shops that it had, just like V2D.

As for Pines, I would not find myself playing that on a daily basis. The map isn't a good map in terms of roleplay, the villas look absolutely horrible with their MTL looking garages, or the bathrooms that stick out the back of the house. I cannot see myself, or many others playing on this map. It does not suit FL as far as I can see, but thanks for suggesting it. Oh, and the lighting is terrible on this map, you cannot see a thing without turning your flash light on.

As for those who are saying the last time V2D was reintroduced, it died quickly due to the map, you are wrong, it died because there was not a community shift back to the map since the majority of the players were still on V5P. Now that we have one server (Good choice made by Soul) the server will thrive like it did back in 2015. V2D was and still is a good map for both Passive and Aggressive roleplay.

RE: Should FL Change Map? - JackZ - 05-05-2018

Examples of all the good times every player had on v2d as there was constant interactions: 

Although a lot of these video's include rule violations (Which is why he put them in because they're funny moments) they show how much interactions v2d made possible.

Spoiler: Video's of all the best times on FL playing v2d

Just feast your eyes on how much people are in the streets constantly talking to each other, interacting, talking, RP'ing

RE: Should FL Change Map? - JackZ - 05-05-2018

(05-05-2018, 10:49 AM)Sparx Wrote:
(05-05-2018, 10:31 AM)JackZ Wrote:
(05-05-2018, 10:11 AM)Sparx Wrote: Hi guys, what are your opinions on this map?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1299936127

From the screenshots it may look as large as V5P but if you subscribe to it and have a look around you will see this is not actually the case, the city area is far smaller. It takes around 40 seconds less to get from the spawn point to the furthest point on the map than it does on V5P by range rover (50 seconds vs 1 minute 30)

The City has a small governmental building however instead of having floors such as the SRU offices and the courthouse which are hardly ever used, it has one large room for the President behind a guarded desk (Position for Nexus Desk Secretary) which IMO is a much better use of space.

Another two buildings that I frequently see empty on V5P are the offices (Minnesota & the one behind it that's really dark inside). Instead of countless offices with no windows out towards the city, Pines V2B has a large office building comprising two storeys with full floor to ceiling windows. I believe this could subconsciously increase the level of player interaction, as when walking through the city, you would be able to see others moving about above you etc. This 'large window' theme carries on into a lot of the buildings, in fact most of the structures on the map have them.

Oh, and the shops have shutters which is nothing to do with player interaction but I think it's a nice feature!

Anyway, that's just my take. Subscribe and let me know what you think?

FL would not thrive on this map.

I've just spent a short while looking over it and it and although it does impress me as it's very nice there's many flaws.

• It really does not suit Fearless, it's far too large for our playerbase as well - too many nooks and cranny's.
  • The map is WAY too complex and would be impossible for new players to get around - they would get frustrated and just leave.
  • Little to no Shop keeping Passive RP opportunities anywhere on the map (There's roughly 3 shops for passive RP)
  • There are 7 shops in the city that are all empty, 3 by the SRU building and 4 by the bank.
  • Hardly any places for Aggressive RP to occur properly
  • Not really any area in which the Corleone's would suit. 
  • While I agree the style of the houses which is quite contemporary doesn't suit the Corleone job particularly, both V2D and V5P had them spawn at a slightly modern house, and the only house which would have suited them well (The period white house with the ugly interior) hardly anyone used :/
  • Governmental Building isn't very good. 
  • This is more like a town hall, if needed the President could easily reside in the SRU building as there is a large enough office there.
  • No station for Police/SRU/Where is the jail, This map has no jail?
  • [Image: ?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma...olor=black] 
  • [Image: wLkEH9A.jpg]
    This building functions as the government/SRU building, it's got quite a few offices, an interrogation room with a one way mirror and the jails are on the second floor as seen here:
  • No Police Car-Impound area. [Image: 2lbbbu1.jpg]
(Excuse the extremely dark picture but this is at the back of the SRU building. There's also a sheltered parking area outside)

As much as i like the aesthetics and some areas of the map (Such as lake) it would not work on FL, There's too many missing things.

v2d is uncontested in being the best suited map for FL.

Must not have had enough of a thorough look, my apologies.

Anyways, I still stand on my decision that it would push away new players and only keep old players playing, the map doesn't suit FL - We should stick to the lore of Evocity maps on Fearless - v2d is always going to be the best suited map for FL and the community want it, So let's get it.

RE: Should FL Change Map? - DVN - 05-05-2018

PREVIOUS MAP 'TEST'

I want to make a very big point about how this is inconclusive evidence in regards to proving what map people wanted with the below points:
  • V2D was introduced alongside V5P, after V5P had gone live. This meant that in our existing, regular playerbase history in the server finder V5P was the only map there.
  • When new users searched for CityRP, they would see two maps. V2D didn't fill up due to the low amount of players in there to begin with, so new users still chose V5P because of the playerbase difference.
  • Existing community members found it harder to migrate to V2D since new players and regular players less in-the-loop still chose to play on V5P in favour of there being more players.

This test is pretty much inconclusive, especially considering the map change vote is currently at 86%+. This shows users, and our most dedicated community members are not happy with V5P.

RE: Should FL Change Map? - Random - 05-05-2018

(05-05-2018, 10:41 AM)JackZ Wrote:
(05-05-2018, 10:39 AM)Random Wrote: I really don't get why people are so keen on re-introducing v2d.. I'm not saying it's a bad map, I quite like it infact. However, the last time we re introduced it, no one ever went on there, hence why it was removed (again..)

I think that a map change every now and then can be healthy for the community though.. just not v2d.

You've just replied to the thread without reading any of the previous replies on why it didn't succeed before.

The reason nobody ever joined it is because for more than half the playerbase, it never showed up in their history bar as they had never played it, So every morning everyone would join v5p and just play that - neglecting the map with little to never any people on it.

if v2d was the only map, i can personally guarantee FL would have better server population that it does now on v5p.

I did read the previous replies. But again, I do not see that there would be a different outcome if v2d was re introduced. Saying that you can guarantee that the population for FL would be better is quite a statement. I personally think it would drop, because v2d is a very plain map and little to no spots to freely build (Worse than v5p).

We need a brand new map that has not been on FL, ever. Such as the one Sparx suggested, it looks amazing.

RE: Should FL Change Map? - User 12049 - 05-05-2018

(05-05-2018, 11:17 AM)Random Wrote:
(05-05-2018, 10:41 AM)JackZ Wrote:
(05-05-2018, 10:39 AM)Random Wrote: I really don't get why people are so keen on re-introducing v2d.. I'm not saying it's a bad map, I quite like it infact. However, the last time we re introduced it, no one ever went on there, hence why it was removed (again..)

I think that a map change every now and then can be healthy for the community though.. just not v2d.

You've just replied to the thread without reading any of the previous replies on why it didn't succeed before.

The reason nobody ever joined it is because for more than half the playerbase, it never showed up in their history bar as they had never played it, So every morning everyone would join v5p and just play that - neglecting the map with little to never any people on it.

if v2d was the only map, i can personally guarantee FL would have better server population that it does now on v5p.

I did read the previous replies. But again, I do not see that there would be a different outcome if v2d was re introduced. Saying that you can guarantee that the population for FL would be better is quite a statement. I personally think it would drop, because v2d is a very plain map and little to no spots to freely build (Worse than v5p).

We need a brand new map that has not been on FL, ever. Such as the one Sparx suggested, it looks amazing.

I disagree, stop introducing new maps. They're not working. The map which worked was V2D and only got taken over by V33X due to contrafarmers changing over.

The new map that Sparx suggested will end the same has, we hate it and don't like it.

V2D is ideal, it's small its plain which is good. Everyone changes everything with props anyway so whats the matter? And there is LOADS of places to build.

RE: Should FL Change Map? - Deleted User - 05-05-2018

(05-05-2018, 08:30 AM)Ofc. Jeff Wrote:
(05-04-2018, 09:53 PM)Shlomo Wrote:
(05-04-2018, 09:39 PM)Ofc. Jeff Wrote: The larger the player base, the larger the map so everyone has a position to be in. I’m sorry, but one day when b4b1 was down and v2d was still a thing, v2d was full for at least around a couple of hours, maybe more! It seems very few are interested in v2d tbh, like, try asking the entire FL community and I’m sure a lot are very fascinated in open world map series where there’s more activities and events happening.

There's barely "more activities and events", it'd be the same amount as on v2d its just more spread out on the latest maps because of the large map size. I would much rather a map where RP can be spread between two ends of the map and feel like the entire map is alive instead of little corners of a huge map being populated.
There’s actually a lot of activities and events happening because they’ve got a position to go as where v2d only had very few places for RP. V5p has worked out a lot for Truckers, etc as well...

The locations in v2d are much more multi-purpose allowing for roughly the same amount of opportunities.

RE: Should FL Change Map? - Deleted User - 05-05-2018

(05-05-2018, 07:47 AM)Floodify Wrote:
(05-04-2018, 11:43 PM)Fultz Wrote:
(05-04-2018, 11:28 PM)Floodify Wrote: Because the past map changes has proven to be completely pointless and 2d was even offered again, did that work out? Constantly there has been talks of changing maps.. even after maps were changed.. do as noble of a mission you might think you are on; its pointless and no one is gonna be happy. 2d is not gonna work out since players are not idealist in their core but rather what feels fun for them in the spurr of the moment. This endless chatter about map just goes about the same way and whilst I can agree partly to what is being said, there really is no time that people will put this matter to rest no matter the outcome.

The community got what they wanted few times and proved the anticipation of fail right, without faults.. I have tried reforming in some ways, but the community shows what they want by the subconcious actions. 2d was available and no one played on it; and any attempts to revive it was of no avail. Should this not prove enough? Littletown was not a success because the community ultimately showed what they really wanted after they had given it a try. Shouldn't this be enough? 33x vs v5p showed that v5p won because it was more optimtized and more preferable, otherwise the change.. just like little town.. wouldn't of been permanent. This story continues.

You might think people are going to change, but they are not. It would mean you will have to force people onto a map.. which effectively would mean going against a part of the community and that is not of preference in thia daily age of FL and let's face it.. why juggle it all when mentioned options have just been failure?

Take me for a cynical, but some of your ideals are not founded in reality as proven countless of times - no matter how good the intentions are.

So yeah, this is why y'all should give it a rest and realize how pointless it all is.. otherwise the cycle just goes on.

Also who are you even shlomo?  You obviously don't realize the effort in the map question I've had

Your reasoning for why v2d failed is very poor. Going by your logic with v2d failing before is easily countered by the fact that v2p has failed as a map 3 different times until now. Prior to v2p, v33 failed 2 times prior to it being the main map and then again failed.

You say that it is because the players on FL do not want to play them. That is not the reasoning. The biggest reason maps fail is because the staff team decides which map is going to be the main map. If we had littletown as a map here and all the admins quit playing v2p for that map, everyone would start playing on littletown. 

This isnt a pointless argument. The only way this is pointless is if the staff refuse to think about the pros and cons of switching the map. You would be surprised how much the majority of the community cares about which map is in play. As long as staff is on the map, they dont care.

Fair point, however the theory still stands with the initial fail of v2d and onward changes after that. People migrated to v33x and so forth.. the loop has just continued. The community got the option to keep v2d, and whilst big, it also was not the highest voted option.. simultaneously no one played there and there were still attempts by passionate administrators to revive it. It just feels like it's a proper urge for players to have something new and whilst 2d may seem perfect, which it is, it would require taking a massive risk to force people to migrate over to 2d.. which in turn would generate a high risk of loosing players and not even guarantee a successful migration; which by the counts of failure with 2d in the past for whatever reason (and there was always a reason for stuff to change, don't forget that) doesn't seem very likely. Seems like a big risk when the playerbase is this fragile, no?

The map question just never ends and all the discussion is in vain, in my opinion, because 2d has been attempted to be revived and it was given the option to the community to also try and revive it. Even after a poll showed that 52 ish people wanted it to be kept no one played on it. Staff has a say in it yes, but I believe the actual palpability of a migration lies in the fact that community wanted a change of map throughout time and they changed as time progressed. 2p wasn't famous, yet had sometimes 3 staff members on, but when people grew tired of 33x they went with 2p and the majority wanted it.

The theory is the same always, no matter what; community wants a big change in problems (mostly) derived from players, not "things". 2d may be a success, but eventually there will be the request for a new change and FL needs to keep itself to one map, which if the community will push its will through always won't happen, thus someone higher up has to take the tough call.

Shlomo, you obviously don't really know me and had you then you would of known this "little tag" was something I asked to remove after a complete let down after I quit, so no I don't really take my memory on FL serious. I'm here for my own amusement and this map question has been the biggest talking point since I returned.. and was way way before that too. Let's just quit the topic of my or yours relevancy, and just stick to the

I'd have in the past used this opportunity to dip into the information banks and rip into you and likely get perm'd but alas I am a changed man.

RE: Should FL Change Map? - Blurr - 05-05-2018

I really couldn't agree anymore on the fact of reinstating v2d into the server, the reason I feel this way is because Fearless doesn’t have the player base it used to a few years ago which is a shame, the current player base is low and maps such as v41b, Rockford, v5p and so on are just too big and I always find myself distant from other players in the server.

Back in the day v2d was my go to map and I’m sure it was for many others at the server was always full, the reason was RPs we’re close together and the server felt like you were with all the other players! Also the map is one of the best optimised maps for EvoCity as wel! I full standby and agree with a map switch to v2d, I personally reckon that v2d didnt do so well recently because Fearless had two maps ongoing, where as now it is just the one map