Fearless Forums
Discussion - Recent survey questions - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Discussions (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=481)
+---- Thread: Discussion - Recent survey questions (/showthread.php?tid=84781)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Discussion - Recent survey questions - JoshZ - 01-02-2018

Teacher is litreally a un-needed rank just a road to licking asshole and getting trial-admin Smile

RE: Discussion - Recent survey questions - Baskingner - 01-02-2018

(01-02-2018, 07:48 PM)Jord Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 07:46 PM)Baskingner Wrote: snip

you dont need a little hat and an orange physgun to help a new person out come on lad

Nope, but see it as YouTube's or Twitters verification tick. It shows the person can be trusted and has knowledge of the gamemode. Too often ive seen a new player ask 'How do i equip a gun?' and people react with 'ALT + F4'. While people (hopefully) wont fall for that it shows that this community has plenty of toxic people and trolls in it so its nice to see a clear filter who is being serious and who isnt. 

You dont need the tick to be a good youtuber or Twitter addict, but it shows youre not dealing with a troll.

RE: Discussion - Recent survey questions - Random - 01-02-2018

(01-02-2018, 07:46 PM)Baskingner Wrote: -snip-

While the teacher team isnt needed, i dont see that many downsides to them? If people feel they are on a high horse because they are teacher then thats too bad for them, because they arent. Teachers can be a reliable source of information for newcomers and nothing more, thats why i dont see why the requirements are so high for them. In my opinion literally anyone with 300+ hours and shows knowledge of the GM should be able to become a teacher. That way the teacher role 'means nothing' since anyone with plenty of hours can become it.

-snip-

You don't seem to know what you are talking about to be honest.

It is painfully easy to get staff as teacher, which is why people who think too highly of themselves should not get the rank. They are the cancer of the community, as it has been shown with old, new and current staff members (Not gonna name any names). They act as if they are the king of the world, and are very biased staff members.. Some of you may have thought I was like this aswell, which in that case, I'm sorry.

EDIT: Also, a lot of thought goes into teacher promotions. You aren't guarenteed the rank if you hit all the requirements.

RE: Discussion - Recent survey questions - King Kickass - 01-02-2018

>removes teacher rank
>EVERY SERVER BECOMES FULL INSTANTLY

I’m not convinced. I agree the rank is dumb but there must be other areas that could be improved while we are on the subject of feedback.

RE: Discussion - Recent survey questions - mgdwszx - 01-02-2018

(01-02-2018, 07:59 PM)Disappointed Wrote: >removes teacher rank
>EVERY SERVER BECOMES FULL INSTANTLY

I’m not convinced. I agree the rank is dumb but there must be other areas that could be improved while we are on the subject of feedback.

On this topic, I feel like way too much attention is being directed at the teacher rank specifically. Plenty else holding the server back.

RE: Discussion - Recent survey questions - Random - 01-02-2018

(01-02-2018, 07:53 PM)Eclipze Wrote: Hmm find it funny that most of the people having a negative view on the teacher rank are either ex-teachers or failed teachers applicants.

Anyways Im very neutral about the teacher rank, its a good idea but it has been used in a bad way and by wrong people. Also people get it too easy now and those people arent really fit for it (In my opinion)

Probablt because we know what we are talking about.

RE: Discussion - Recent survey questions - TheMJ - 01-02-2018

(01-02-2018, 07:41 PM)Archer Wrote: I'll write my honest opinion as someone who applied for teacher more than once.
The thing is that the Teacher rank can be useful...it has potential but it is not used. Never have I seen in the last months a teacher roleplaying outside of their "squads". Never see any teachers roleplaying with new players or helping them except for the classic OOC binds. Don't get me wrong, I admire well-known roleplayers in the community however Teachers should be working with everyone from the community, and not just their friends. Completely removing the rank won't do it in my opinion, however major reforms are needed, like making teacher applications public as Teachers work directly with the community and choosing them without the opinion of the community alienates Teachers and the regular players from each other.
Just my tuppence about the topic.

As I said, I’ve always tried my best to help people with Roleplaying. I’ve been PMed, steam messaged on how to Roleplay and what to do to stand out. I’ve given them advice and always tried my best to give the best possible answers. I’ve attended rolepays with new players and given them advice and rewards.

This is what I do as a teacher, just letting you know that it does happen.

RE: Discussion - Recent survey questions - Baskingner - 01-02-2018

(01-02-2018, 07:56 PM)Random Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 07:46 PM)Baskingner Wrote: -snip-

While the teacher team isnt needed, i dont see that many downsides to them? If people feel they are on a high horse because they are teacher then thats too bad for them, because they arent. Teachers can be a reliable source of information for newcomers and nothing more, thats why i dont see why the requirements are so high for them. In my opinion literally anyone with 300+ hours and shows knowledge of the GM should be able to become a teacher. That way the teacher role 'means nothing' since anyone with plenty of hours can become it.

-snip-

You don't seem to know what you are talking about to be honest.

It is painfully easy to get staff as teacher, which is why people who think too highly of themselves should not get the rank. They are the cancer of the community, as it has been shown with old, new and current staff members (Not gonna name any names). They act as if they are the king of the world, and are very biased staff members.. Some of you may have thought I was like this aswell, which in that case, I'm sorry.

What triggers me the most about your comment is how youre complaining and whining all day about people on high horses while youre walking around on a fucking giraffe talking down to people 'you dont know what youre talking about'. Veterans who dont play on the server anymore but commenting on the forums like they hold all the answers are the real cancer of this community.

Have you read my comment? All of your complaints get invalid once we stop holding the teacher rank in such high regard ourselves. The teacher rank becomes worth nothing when there are A LOT of them. Luckily the rank doesnt need to be worth anything because its a rank to help others, not yourself. 

Just let anyone who applies with gameplay knowledge become a teacher, problem solved. If they fuck up, simply demote them and make sure they wont become teacher again.

RE: Discussion - Recent survey questions - Falc - 01-02-2018

Guys I just killed Random on battlefront II!!

EZ

RE: Discussion - Recent survey questions - TheMJ - 01-02-2018

(01-02-2018, 08:05 PM)Falc Wrote: Guys I just killed Random on battlefront II!!

EZ

Omg ur so dirty