Fearless Forums
Discussion - Recent survey questions - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Discussions (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=481)
+---- Thread: Discussion - Recent survey questions (/showthread.php?tid=84781)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Discussion - Recent survey questions - General Rickets - 01-04-2018

Point proven, it’s been a pleasure FL.

RE: Discussion - Recent survey questions - BasicallyMental - 01-04-2018

(01-04-2018, 07:53 AM)SelfGamer Wrote:
(01-03-2018, 01:27 PM)Balls Wrote: -snip-

I understand what you are saying here, hence the name “Teachers” because actual teachers teach you and answer your questions rather than just answering the questions

so you're saying none of the teachers are actually teachers then?

RE: Discussion - Recent survey questions - Fultz - 01-04-2018

I dont get this thread. When I first saw it and it was at around 8 pages, I was excited to get a chance and read it all. After I have, about 90% of it is garbage.

This thread is in discussions, but half of it is filled with shit that should honestly be in off-topic, not a discussion thread. The rest is just stating the teacher rank is a gateway to staff, which granted isnt completely wrong. The teacher rank is of course gives you a higher possibility of being promoted, but if you go through each promotion and see how many were to werent teachers. I high percent of staff that were teachers yes, but not every single one of them. Can you blame that on the teacher rank? I wouldnt agree with that entirely. Blame the staff for allowing the rank itself to reach that point.

Now I have always been against the rank due to the fact I thought it was useless whenever we created it. You dont need a rank to help people in my opinion and that still stands for me. However, as a staff member thinking of the teacher rank as a stepping stone for admin isnt completely a bad thing, most people can tell which teachers are the ass lickers compared to the ones who actually want to help the community. Before the teacher rank, ass lickers were still being promoted, now they are just being labeled for me instead of having to figure it out myself.

Now I have a question for any teacher who wants to reply regarding this.

1. Why did you apply for the teacher rank?
2. Would you still help players out even if there wasn't a teacher rank?
3. What to you is the reason there is a teacher rank instead of players just helping each other out?

I dunno, I just dont get it. The rank does not benefit anyone other than the teacher/staff. It can easily be done by players and was before.

RE: Discussion - Recent survey questions - Jan - 01-04-2018

Where did Rickets’ post go with the much needed criticism against both SA’s? AwestruckBullet Divey

RE: Discussion - Recent survey questions - TheMJ - 01-04-2018

(01-04-2018, 09:22 AM)Fultz Wrote: I dont get this thread. When I first saw it and it was at around 8 pages, I was excited to get a chance and read it all. After I have, about 90% of it is garbage.

This thread is in discussions, but half of it is filled with shit that should honestly be in off-topic, not a discussion thread. The rest is just stating the teacher rank is a gateway to staff, which granted isnt completely wrong. The teacher rank is of course gives you a higher possibility of being promoted, but if you go through each promotion and see how many were to werent teachers. I high percent of staff that were teachers yes, but not every single one of them. Can you blame that on the teacher rank? I wouldnt agree with that entirely. Blame the staff for allowing the rank itself to reach that point.

Now I have always been against the rank due to the fact I thought it was useless whenever we created it. You dont need a rank to help people in my opinion and that still stands for me. However, as a staff member thinking of the teacher rank as a stepping stone for admin isnt completely a bad thing, most people can tell which teachers are the ass lickers compared to the ones who actually want to help the community. Before the teacher rank, ass lickers were still being promoted, now they are just being labeled for me instead of having to figure it out myself.

Now I have a question for any teacher who wants to reply regarding this.

1. Why did you apply for the teacher rank?
2. Would you still help players out even if there wasn't a teacher rank?
3. What to you is the reason there is a teacher rank instead of players just helping each other out?

I dunno, I just dont get it. The rank does not benefit anyone other than the teacher/staff. It can easily be done by players and was before.

I can see exactly what you mean.

1. I applied for the rank twice. I am currently a teacher for the second time. The thought of becoming staff is good and I would be happy to take the role, as I’m sure many people would. But I applied for teacher because of the aspect of support it brings. I personally enjoy helping people, I do it al the time, in my job and also when I play on FL. With the rank, it lets people identify someone who is chosen to specifically help people with any questions or get support with any role plays. Of course, anyone could do this, yet with the rank you are more likely to get approached by someone. That’s why I applied, to help and support people as that is what I enjoy doing.

2. Like I said I personally enjoy helping people, and it may sound like I can just say that, but how can I prove it? I work in retail and always aim to help anyone and give the best customer satisfaction. I’ve been on FL since early 2014, I try my best to allow newalyers a good experience on the game as I look out for the community. 

3. I said in a previous post the following.
Quote:Teachers I believe are one of the main faces of the community to newcomers as we are the ones they can identify to help them. Without the teachers, a newcomer may ask someone ‘how do I rp’ and if they find the wrong person they may get told to fuck off the server. It would give the wrong impression. With the teachers they can identify us and we can help them with our knowledge and experience. I personally love helping people and feel happy when I have somehow helped someone’s experience on FL, however this is how I feel and I can’t speak for the other teachers as I don’t know why they decided to join. I mean recently I’ve gone into a RP to observe it. I found it interesting as it was done by players with low hours, good enough I gave an RPP. I then decided to give advice to better for the future, which they took onboard. This is why so like doing what I do.

However I do understand what you are saying and respect your opinion being a previous SA. The rank can be taken both ways and I can only try to better myself in the rank and not others.

PS, on my phone so apologies for any mistakes regarding my spelling and whatever else

RE: Discussion - Recent survey questions - Falc - 01-04-2018

(01-04-2018, 10:30 AM)Jan Wrote: Where did Rickets’ post go with the much needed criticism against both SA’s? AwestruckBullet Divey

Through one ear and straight back out the other.

Where do you expect it to go? Soul doesn’t exactly have much interest what they do between them, so they can literally do what they want and like so with your criticism, they can read it and laugh because at the end of the day, nobody tells them what to do, we’ve seen this with how they now structured the SA positions lmao.

They can literally thank you for your feedback and that’s it, they’re practically untouchable currently.

RE: Discussion - Recent survey questions - Richtea - 01-04-2018

banta

RE: Discussion - Recent survey questions - Awestruck - 01-04-2018

Rickets has been made aware of why his post was removed.

No, it's not because I don't like his post. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I would never remove a post because I don't like an opinion.

RE: Discussion - Recent survey questions - King Kickass - 01-04-2018

With all the points said feel like the survey is better than nothing. I’m not convinced that the outcome of the survey is gonna fix whatever problems are are but it’s something. That’s my own personal opinion though.

RE: Discussion - Recent survey questions - BasicallyMental - 01-04-2018

(01-04-2018, 08:42 AM)SelfGamer Wrote:
(01-04-2018, 08:24 AM)BasicallyMental Wrote:
(01-04-2018, 07:53 AM)SelfGamer Wrote:
(01-03-2018, 01:27 PM)Balls Wrote: -snip-

I understand what you are saying here, hence the name “Teachers” because actual teachers teach you and answer your questions rather than just answering the questions

so you're saying none of the teachers are actually teachers then?

No, I just understand how we can improve

If you understand, then why isn't it happening? It's been 4 days since the survey was released, 4 days since the teacher team received their feedback direct from the community. Why hasn't anyone made an effort to change the way they 'teach'?