Fearless Forums
How to make Fearless great again - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Discussions (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=481)
+---- Thread: How to make Fearless great again (/showthread.php?tid=76647)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: How to make Fearless great again - Jordy - 12-15-2016

(12-15-2016, 03:55 PM)Santacake Wrote: Ever since v4b1 was put in I think it was so much more boring.

Big map but not enough players. v2d was the stuff because the city was bustling and there was something to do everyday. v4b1 has a weird vibe and it doesn't seem as good as v2d.

Day and night cycle is bittersweet to me. It's good for crime RP in my eyes, but the crime amount I think is the same day and night. No one uses the night cycle that I've seen.

v2d allowed new players a more friendly experience because it was smaller and didn't have so much to explore, but yet v2d was big enough for enormous possibilities.

EDIT: Also, removing v4b1 will help people with bad computers play on v2d.
I don't think this is a possibility but I think lowering the maximum player count would do the server some good. 65 or 60 would be a good maximum player count. Helps the server costs and increases the demand for joining the server.

TLDR I think v4b1 and the day & night cycle is the reason that FL:RP got bad. Put v2d in as the only playable map!

RE: How to make Fearless great again - DreeBott - 12-15-2016

(12-15-2016, 03:55 PM)Santacake Wrote: Ever since v4b1 was put in I think it was so much more boring.

Big map but not enough players. v2d was the stuff because the city was bustling and there was something to do everyday. v4b1 has a weird vibe and it doesn't seem as good as v2d.

Day and night cycle is bittersweet to me. It's good for crime RP in my eyes, but the crime amount I think is the same day and night. No one uses the night cycle that I've seen.

v2d allowed new players a more friendly experience because it was smaller and didn't have so much to explore, but yet v2d was big enough for enormous possibilities.

I don't think this is a possibility but I think lowering the maximum player count would do the server some good. 65 or 60 would be a good maximum player count. Helps the server costs and increases the demand for joining the server.

TLDR I think v4b1 and the day & night cycle is the reason that FL:RP got bad. Put v2d in as the only playable map!

You know that v4b1 is actually just a slight overworked v33x?

RE: How to make Fearless great again - Mr.SkarKasm - 12-15-2016

V2D! MAKE V2D GREAT AGAIN! ( or change the v4b1 to another map, one that is smaller and runs a bit better, and is also used in some DarkRP servers.) i,e RP_downtown_v4c_v2

RE: How to make Fearless great again - Santacake - 12-16-2016

(12-15-2016, 09:16 PM)DreeBott Wrote:

yes i do. why do you ask?

RE: How to make Fearless great again - god - 12-16-2016

I think if you want fearless to be great again, start fresh. Something new for everyone, or the majority. I think this could be done with a replacement of maps for starters. I don't think we should go back to v2d, even though yeah it was fun, just start new. A new map would be the better things for starters imo

RE: How to make Fearless great again - Awestruck - 12-16-2016

(12-16-2016, 12:46 AM)Santacake Wrote:
(12-15-2016, 09:16 PM)DreeBott Wrote:

yes i do. why do you ask?

Because FL had V33X even when it was popular and had both full servers, with queues up to 10 or 20 people. V33X has a day and night cycle.

RE: How to make Fearless great again - King Kickass - 12-16-2016

Out of 9 pages here is anything in it gonna be put to use or have you guys ( including me cause i also posted ) just wasted valuable wank time.

RE: How to make Fearless great again - Kierondeeuk - 12-16-2016

I play on the server in an "on again off again" fashion. Being honest, one of the reasons I don't regularly play as I did in the past (Over 600 hours I think) is because the gameplay became stale. I go on, wander for a bit, and then I aggressive RP. It seems that to me the majority of players don't PassiveRP as much anymore and even though by not PasRP we are making the problem worse, perhaps a reason or motivation to passivelyRP more is needed.

RE: How to make Fearless great again - Mist - 12-18-2016

as a player that has been here for about 4 years (about 5 years soon)

I can definetly feel, and see that Fearless is slowly dropping down, from what we used to be like.

There's two key factors to be looked at.. I am only expressing my very own personal opinion here. And there may have been people saying this before me, then I am sorry.

Staff; We're lacking staff, there's no doubt and there's no hiding it. I remember back in the days, there was a solid team of strong players, that apparently knew how to communicate really well behind the scenes. Nowadays I get to see at first hand, bad decisions taken by the staff, racism within the staff, and the staff not being able to talk to eachother in a proper manner, that could be considered as "friend", or even just "neutral", which eventually leads to new players getting to experience this kind of shit fest, that the two parties at the staff generates. Sure, there's very mature guys, that is dedicated and really want to make a difference here at Fearless, but then again.. We also have quite a few 'meh', guys over there. I am not trying to be biased, this is just opinion and facts. 

Soul and the Community; Communicate with us. Be more interactive. We'd love to see, and hear more from you! I know that this doesn't give you much to work with, Soul. However try to just take in some inspiration from other great communities, that is actually doing really good, even though the days of Garry's Mod, isn't looking as great as they did back in the days.

Small things to look at..
The forums needs to be updated real bad. Xenforo perhaps?
.. Also the map, it's really bad. V2d had everything, and it was smaller. Fits better for our playerbase.

RE: How to make Fearless great again - dawson270500 - 12-18-2016

if we could get V2D and put newer textures on it(cause the textures for it are shit and not available on the steam workshop and not everyone can afford to buy half life 2, ep1 and 2 just to play on gmod servers, or even know how to mount games to gmod), I'd be all for making V2D the main server again, when that map is full the server feels more alive.