Fearless Forums
How to make Fearless great again - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Discussions (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=481)
+---- Thread: How to make Fearless great again (/showthread.php?tid=76647)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: How to make Fearless great again - Tekno - 12-09-2016

(12-09-2016, 08:24 AM)King Kickass Wrote: I don't think if we switched the map to v2d then we will magically get new players on the server over night. I think there is a good chance that new players would likely stay longer because of the better map performance.

You might Have better performance but that doesn't Matter if there is noone to RP with, the only reason players go on V2D is to contrawhore. No use trying to RP there

RE: How to make Fearless great again - King Kickass - 12-09-2016

(12-09-2016, 08:57 AM)Tekno Wrote:
(12-09-2016, 08:24 AM)King Kickass Wrote: I don't think if we switched the map to v2d then we will magically get new players on the server over night.  I think there is a good chance that new players would likely stay longer because of the better map performance.

You might Have better performance but that doesn't Matter if there is noone to RP with, the only reason players go on V2D is to contrawhore. No use trying to RP there

Yeah that's definitely true in the current situation. What i was typing i was thinking of it as if all the current players on the 44x map moved to v2d then maybe it would be better but then again i'm saying IF they moved to 44x which isn't happening.

RE: How to make Fearless great again - RobotDuck - 12-09-2016

I wouldn't mind v4b1 being switched out to v2d for a week, as a small test.

RE: How to make Fearless great again - Agorith - 12-09-2016

(12-09-2016, 08:57 AM)Tekno Wrote:
(12-09-2016, 08:24 AM)King Kickass Wrote: I don't think if we switched the map to v2d then we will magically get new players on the server over night.  I think there is a good chance that new players would likely stay longer because of the better map performance.

The only reason players CURRENTLY go on v2d is to contrawhore, due to population on the map being close to non existent.
Thus if v2d regains its population, that would no longer be the case and overall more RP would be present than on both maps combined.

V2d has always been richer of RP due to the map being smaller and its population being closer together.
If you go on v4b1 and there's 60 people online, it'll still feel VERY empty.

RE: How to make Fearless great again - SoulRipper - 12-09-2016

For now I've at least fixed V2D instability problem (it was offline every morning).

RE: How to make Fearless great again - Haarek - 12-09-2016

Well, what do you think about trying it out?

RE: How to make Fearless great again - King Kickass - 12-09-2016

Does anyone think that the total number of current really long bans that are over 3 days long effect the population of the server?

RE: How to make Fearless great again - god - 12-11-2016

There was a queue to join earlier, something has to be going in the right direction!

RE: How to make Fearless great again - Create - 12-11-2016

The Forums
- We all know that the forums is outdated, with all due respect, it's a bunch of shambles.
- Add a team that solely work on the forums, to make sure that posts are going into archive and are going to the right place. If there are players that you trust that cannot be on the servers then I am sure they wouldn't mind. The forums needs a fresh start, whether that means resetting sub-sections and clearing them, or, giving a team of players the power to sort it out. The Suggestion sub-section is beyond awful, from multiple duplicate threads, to threads that have been closed but not moved. That way the staff team can shift their focus to the three servers. 

The Servers
- The Servers just seem to be too compacted and busy in short spaces. Everyone wants that one store on mainstreet, the server needs to roleplay in more areas. Everyone being on mainstreet whether PassiveRPing or raiding at the Nexus is far too busy for the server to handle. If everyone is in one place together, it will start to bug out. 
- Make sure that the 'PassiveRP' rules are enforced. Mainstreet is currently one big mingefest, from AgressiveRPers shooting round the street, to racing drivers speeding down the road causing Mass CDM. As done once before, have more PassiveRP nights. Turn weapons off, spawn dupes in and have fun. Fearless used to be one big family. Now it is a community that splits halfway down bickering at eachother. Increase @ Calls speed, whether it means promoting more staff. The Community needs to feel as if they can trust the staff team to catch the bad guys and not have to worry so much on getting evidence. Evidence should be used as a back-up if the Admin doesn't catch the full story, not as a primary source to get a player banned.

Rules should be enforced on both Server and Forums

RE: How to make Fearless great again - Ratatoskrr - 12-11-2016

(12-11-2016, 05:45 PM)Create Wrote: The Forums
- We all know that the forums is outdated, with all due respect, it's a bunch of shambles.
- Add a team that solely work on the forums, to make sure that posts are going into archive and are going to the right place. If there are players that you trust that cannot be on the servers then I am sure they wouldn't mind. The forums needs a fresh start, whether that means resetting sub-sections and clearing them, or, giving a team of players the power to sort it out. The Suggestion sub-section is beyond awful, from multiple duplicate threads, to threads that have been closed but not moved. That way the staff team can shift their focus to the three servers. 

The Servers
- The Servers just seem to be too compacted and busy in short spaces. Everyone wants that one store on mainstreet, the server needs to roleplay in more areas. Everyone being on mainstreet whether PassiveRPing or raiding at the Nexus is far too busy for the server to handle. If everyone is in one place together, it will start to bug out. 
- Make sure that the 'PassiveRP' rules are enforced. Mainstreet is currently one big mingefest, from AgressiveRPers shooting round the street, to racing drivers speeding down the road causing Mass CDM. As done once before, have more PassiveRP nights. Turn weapons off, spawn dupes in and have fun. Fearless used to be one big family. Now it is a community that splits halfway down bickering at eachother. Increase @ Calls speed, whether it means promoting more staff. The Community needs to feel as if they can trust the staff team to catch the bad guys and not have to worry so much on getting evidence. Evidence should be used as a back-up if the Admin doesn't catch the full story, not as a primary source to get a player banned.

Rules should be enforced on both Server and Forums

They're all fair points, but i haven't seen you on the servers for weeks/months...

- I agree that mainstreet is a complete mingefest!