Fearless Forums
How to make Fearless great again - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Discussions (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=481)
+---- Thread: How to make Fearless great again (/showthread.php?tid=76647)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: How to make Fearless great again - Willem de Walrus - 12-29-2016

I would like to see another position within the team. Something between teacher and mod. This rank would have to focus on minor rule breaks. Things like: Guy breaking FearRP, being stuck in the roof or something else. Therefor admins and mods can focus on bigger and more important @ calls. Now you see many complaining in ooc about small things that could be easily fixed. That's something I would like to see, and maybe others aswell.

RE: How to make Fearless great again - Mist - 12-29-2016

(12-29-2016, 12:14 AM)Joe. Wrote: I would like to see another position within the team. Something between teacher and mod. This rank would have to focus on minor rule breaks. Things like: Guy breaking FearRP, being stuck in the roof or something else. Therefor admins and mods can focus on bigger and more important @ calls. Now you see many complaining in ooc about small things that could be easily fixed. That's something I would like to see, and maybe others aswell.

No.  Skeptical

(12-29-2016, 12:15 AM)Mist Wrote:
(12-29-2016, 12:14 AM)Joe. Wrote: -Snip-

No.  Skeptical

Any reason maybe? What don't you like? Just wondering Smile

RE: How to make Fearless great again - Mist - 12-29-2016

(12-29-2016, 12:58 AM)Joe. Wrote:
(12-29-2016, 12:15 AM)Mist Wrote:
(12-29-2016, 12:14 AM)Joe. Wrote: -Snip-

No.  Skeptical

Any reason maybe? What don't you like? Just wondering Smile

I said no.
jk

The whole idea and concept behind having something between moderator and teacher sounds stupid. If we should anything that could be close to your idea, it should be "trial-moderators". We shouldn't have guys that would focus on "minor rulebreakers". The whole team is together in administrating the server. There is no "specific staff role" that specializes in whatever task that has to be done within the server.

I would love to have trial-moderation implemented, where the 'player', would be under heavy observation from the staff, to see if he is really fit and suited for the 'job'. Soul? Skeptical

RE: How to make Fearless great again - Infernaw - 12-29-2016

If we can't even find enough mod candidates, how the heck are we gonna have room for another new rank?

EDIT: I know that there are plenty of decent players out there, that aren't acknowledged, however, the team doesn't feel comfortable promoting people they don't know that well. Hence we're stuck in a loop of only promoting friends of staff members. Therefore Trial Mod could be a thing for giving people a chance to prove themselves.
If the trial mod has, let's say 2-4 weeks trial, perhaps we could discover members that are a bit more in the shadows, but still want the best for the server and community.

RE: How to make Fearless great again - RobotDuck - 12-29-2016

Won't having trial mods defeat the entire purpose of having trial mods? If we're looking for a more active staff team, then one which has to watch the trials as well as the server will obviously respond slower.

If you want trial mods to bring more staff, then it's probably a decent idea. Still though, how will you keep watch on them? Unless you just limit them using ban times (even more then normal mods, say 12 or 6 hours max).

RE: How to make Fearless great again - Fultz - 12-29-2016

Hell if you are going to go with a trial mod system, why dont you finally add a logged warning system along with it and give the trial mods these abilities.

teleports
No Clip
Warning
Kick + adding 30 minute kick that isnt shown as a ban
They dont need phase or ban/blacklist since they are on trial and you are testing their ability to talk to players and help them. That is all it should be.

That would also fix the problem people are saying about banning new kids too long. If you give them numerous logged warnings it is their own fault.

RE: How to make Fearless great again - King Kickass - 12-29-2016

IF you guys were going for trial mod why dont you rename Teacher to server assistant and have it be Trial mod.

RE: How to make Fearless great again - RobotDuck - 12-29-2016

(12-29-2016, 09:59 AM)King Kickass Wrote: IF you guys were going for trial mod why dont you rename Teacher to server assistant and have it be Trial mod.

Teachers should stay teachers. Trial mods should be a separate rank.

(12-29-2016, 09:49 AM)Fultz Wrote: Hell if you are going to go with a trial mod system, why dont you finally add a logged warning system along with it and give the trial mods these abilities.

teleports
No Clip
Warning
Kick + adding 30 minute kick that isnt shown as a ban
They dont need phase or ban/blacklist since they are on trial and you are testing their ability to talk to players and help them. That is all it should be.

That would also fix the problem people are saying about banning new kids too long. If you give them numerous logged warnings it is their own fault.
Sounds pretty good to me Smile