Fearless Forums
Inactive staff team - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Discussions (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=481)
+---- Thread: Inactive staff team (/showthread.php?tid=74413)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Inactive staff team - Greed^ - 08-24-2016

Problem with past activity is that it doesn't show if they're AFK or not, so admins like Shadow would get a decent amount of hours aswell as he goes on build and afk for hours straight

RE: Inactive staff team - King Kickass - 08-24-2016

If a member of the staff ( moderator and up excluding developer ) was on the server but not afk and there was another staff member on, if one of these staff members decided to just role play on the server AND ignore the @ calls because they wan to just roleplay, would we say that we have one active staff member on the server and one afk staff member? Because although there are two online, only one is actively "on duty".

RE: Inactive staff team - Random - 08-24-2016

(08-24-2016, 07:50 AM)King Kickass Wrote: If a member of the staff ( moderator and up excluding developer ) was on the server but not afk and there was another staff member on, if one of these staff members decided to just role play on the server AND ignore the @ calls because they wan to just roleplay, would we say that we have one active staff member on the server and one afk staff member? Because although there are two online, only one is actively "on duty".

If a staff member has been on for ages, responding to @ calls, I think it's only fair that they get to RP a bit..

But if they come on, and does nothing regarding @ calls, that is bad moderating/administrating.

RE: Inactive staff team - Marty - 08-24-2016

TBH as I've mentioned before staff are well known to hour whore. It's a fact and there have been suggestions that have been declined about an AFK timer.

Now I understand when dealing with a particularly lengthy sit you have to go through logs etc but does any sits ever realisticly take longer than an 30 minutes that you wouldn't be moving about anyway.

This way we know the staff members are actively administrating.

I mean fuck Greed mentions above staff members going on build and racking up hours upon hours, yes I've seen this happening but more annoyingly is the staff that sit on a live server, give their friends 100 props and start building on the likes of V4B1 for at least 4 hours....now why do that ?

Many reasons it looks better and looks like there is a staff member online, they get salary etc but its no difference to them.

RE: Inactive staff team - Ranger - 08-24-2016

(08-24-2016, 10:27 AM)Random Wrote:
(08-24-2016, 07:50 AM)King Kickass Wrote: If a member of the staff ( moderator and up excluding developer ) was on the server but not afk and there was another staff member on, if one of these staff members decided to just role play on the server AND ignore the @ calls because they wan to just roleplay, would we say that we have one active staff member on the server and one afk staff member? Because although there are two online, only one is actively "on duty".

If a staff member has been on for ages, responding to @ calls, I think it's only fair that they get to RP a bit..

But if they come on, and does nothing regarding @ calls, that is bad moderating/administrating.

In my experience when a admin rp's all anyone does is complain about how shit the admin team are. Honestly I don't think anyone would want to go on the server if they can't rp, it basically ruins the main purpose of the server for the admins/mods.

EDIT: A lot of staff have family, jobs and other irl things to contend with it seems that some people forget that there is more to life than a gmod server.

RE: Inactive staff team - Faustin - 08-24-2016

(08-24-2016, 07:00 AM)Greed^ Wrote: Problem with past activity is that it doesn't show if they're AFK or not, so admins like Shadow would get a decent amount of hours aswell as he goes on build and afk for hours straight

She*

(08-24-2016, 11:25 AM)Python Wrote:
(08-24-2016, 07:00 AM)Greed^ Wrote: Problem with past activity is that it doesn't show if they're AFK or not, so admins like Shadow would get a decent amount of hours aswell as he goes on build and afk for hours straight

She*

stop assuming genders

(08-24-2016, 11:27 AM)Mr.Ranger Wrote:

She*

stop assuming genders

Lol I'm not.

[Image: 1LOnyCz.png]

(08-24-2016, 11:32 AM)Python Wrote:

She*

stop assuming genders

Lol I'm not.

[Image: ZOsoNSu.png]
Yes you are. 
And stop f*cking correcting people.

(08-24-2016, 11:33 AM)Mr.Ranger Wrote:
(08-24-2016, 11:32 AM)Python Wrote:

She*

stop assuming genders

Lol I'm not.

[Image: ZOsoNSu.png]
Yes you are. 
And stop f*cking correcting people.

Sorry b0ss.