Fearless Forums
Opinions regarding [FL] NightHawkd - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Discussions (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=481)
+---- Thread: Opinions regarding [FL] NightHawkd (/showthread.php?tid=67742)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Opinions regarding [FL] NightHawkd - Adamantite - 01-08-2016

(01-07-2016, 10:16 PM)Avgar Wrote:
(01-07-2016, 09:04 PM)[FL:RP] Mike Wrote: I do not have faith that Grub will fairly oversee the case.

You ought to PM SoulRipper instead if you feel that way.

Your end goal is, or I assume is, to have something done about the administrator in question. In order for something substantial to be done it has to be brought to the SA or Owner.

I also feel Grub will not deal with the case fair, nor SoulRipper, as they're both known to have bias.

RE: Opinions regarding [FL] NightHawkd - Marty - 01-08-2016

After reading basically every comment on this I thought I would give my input...

Firstly I have had 3 encounters with Night two of which he tried to find a reason to ban me, once when he had not long become a moderator and once when he was an admin. I don't hold a grudge against the guy in anyway but I think he ought to be a little bit more respectful. That goes to a lot of the staff members though including some who have commented in this very thread. They are the first to want/blacklist/ban people for staff disrespect but never give the respect they so crave to the players. MasterNoda states that FL is so anti-staff right now. You are wrong Master, FL is not anti staff it's anti bullshit. You don't see AA's against Tomo, Snow, Avgar, Pear, Shadow etc because they actually have a shred of respect for players. They don't attempt to find every reason possible to ban them, then when you attempt to discuss it or say they are wrong they hit you with staff decision is final. Even though they are pulling shit from thin air that isn't in rules. I have PM'd grub and Soulripper. But have yet to receive a response from them. After 1 month. Yet when you mention to an arrogant staff member that you will take it up with SA the response you get is "Grub is a real good friend"

With comments like this how do you expect players to trust the system let alone play by it. Some people in staff positions shouldn't be in them. Mistakes were made, staff were needed and some got it based on their brown nosery hours and RP points (everyone knows this, no one says this)

Any ways that is my perspective I don't hold grudges or post AA's etc because life's to short for that shit. If I have a problem with someone I would attempt to deal with it with them, but with some that's just not possible.

RE: Opinions regarding [FL] NightHawkd - Old Man Jokhah - 01-08-2016

(01-08-2016, 02:44 AM)Operation Wrote:
(01-07-2016, 10:16 PM)Avgar Wrote:
(01-07-2016, 09:04 PM)[FL:RP] Mike Wrote: I do not have faith that Grub will fairly oversee the case.

You ought to PM SoulRipper instead if you feel that way.

Your end goal is, or I assume is, to have something done about the administrator in question. In order for something substantial to be done it has to be brought to the SA or Owner.

I also feel Grub will not deal with the case fair, nor SoulRipper, as they're both known to have bias.

Just to address this as plain as I can. If you feel the OWNER is biased, why do you even bother here anymore? You expecting a demotion out of him? Because your logic there breaks, no staff beneath him could be trusted at that point because at the end of the day, he can be the final word.

I used to blame Soul for my problems too, but at the end of the day, Soul keeps this place going. When the staff split and a lot of you people came out "doomsaying", this place survived. It's survived years, staff splits, community splits, and the thousands of extremely toxic players that have come here. If you honestly feel you can't go to the people in charge because they won't help you due to bias, the only remaining option is to leave.

Don't cling to false hope that you will change or get the owner demoted, that's not going to happen. Soul isn't even a bad dude, biggest complaint on him that actually sticks is that he generally doesn't get involved in administrative punishments unless directly contacted. How he spends his money, what he does with his time, who he prefers to speak with, it's all hearsay.

RE: Opinions regarding [FL] NightHawkd - DVN - 01-08-2016

not a very nice man angry and doesn't like to have fun or be nice to people

RE: Opinions regarding [FL] NightHawkd - Huskii - 01-08-2016

(01-08-2016, 03:30 AM)MasterNoda Wrote: I agree there are things that Night needs to improve on. I also would say there are things we ALL need to improve on, myself included. I will be just brutally honest here, this thread won't change a thing. Why? Because it is majorly unconstructive and the purpose for its creation was to get people to say stuff they didn't like about Nighthawkd. That isn't the way to go about things. If you want to make a major difference, you have to find a way to go about things constructively. As much as people want this thread to be constructive, it wont be. Threads like this on an internet forum will never end well, you all know this as much as I do. All this blaming, name calling, and just general bad attitude isn't going to get us anywhere.

The thing is, as a player, it is impossible to do things constructively about misbehaving or ill-performing staff members because at the end of the day your claim will just be shut down one way or another. There is such a huge amount of bias in favour of the staff team every single time their actions are questioned. What would you suggest for the players to do against a staff member who is abusive and not fit for the role? Post an AA thread? Because we all know how they go don't we? Ignored for the longest time possible and then thrown out on the most backwards and unexplainable reason...

As it stands the players have no freedom to play the game anymore without fear of being picked up by a brightly coloured physgun and then either blacklisted or banned for a reason that either wasn't breaking the rules entirely or the rule is being stretched out to try and give punishment. We've all seen it happen, it will continue to happen and nothing will be done about it.

RE: Opinions regarding [FL] NightHawkd - Awestruck - 01-08-2016

(01-08-2016, 01:02 PM)Huskii Wrote:
(01-08-2016, 03:30 AM)MasterNoda Wrote: I agree there are things that Night needs to improve on. I also would say there are things we ALL need to improve on, myself included. I will be just brutally honest here, this thread won't change a thing. Why? Because it is majorly unconstructive and the purpose for its creation was to get people to say stuff they didn't like about Nighthawkd. That isn't the way to go about things. If you want to make a major difference, you have to find a way to go about things constructively. As much as people want this thread to be constructive, it wont be. Threads like this on an internet forum will never end well, you all know this as much as I do. All this blaming, name calling, and just general bad attitude isn't going to get us anywhere.

The thing is, as a player, it is impossible to do things constructively about misbehaving or ill-performing staff members because at the end of the day your claim will just be shut down one way or another. There is such a huge amount of bias in favour of the staff team every single time their actions are questioned. What would you suggest for the players to do against a staff member who is abusive and not fit for the role? Post an AA thread? Because we all know how they go don't we? Ignored for the longest time possible and then thrown out on the most backwards and unexplainable reason...

As it stands the players have no freedom to play the game anymore without fear of being picked up by a brightly coloured physgun and then either blacklisted or banned for a reason that either wasn't breaking the rules entirely or the rule is being stretched out to try and give punishment. We've all seen it happen, it will continue to happen and nothing will be done about it.

Thank you for explaining this truth in a way that I don't think any of us could. You make such a valid point and it sums up the situation in its entirety. I just want to add that this doesn't apply to all staff as you already know, but didn't mention.

RE: Opinions regarding [FL] NightHawkd - Huskii - 01-08-2016

(01-08-2016, 01:22 PM)_AwestruckBullet_ Wrote: Thank you for explaining this truth in a way that I don't think any of us could. You make such a valid point and it sums up the situation in its entirety. I just want to add that this doesn't apply to all staff as you already know, but didn't mention.

Thanks for adding that bit Smile It is most certainly not all staff members, some are very friendly, respectful and want to help the server.

RE: Opinions regarding [FL] NightHawkd - Agorith - 01-08-2016

(01-08-2016, 02:10 AM)MasterNoda Wrote: Honestly this thread is going exactly how I thought it would. Most of the opinions in this thread are just passive aggressive attacks. If you have a problem with an admins personality or way of administrating, you can contact Grub about it. Threads like this serve only for confirmation bias, and to try start a group think. People who hate him feel better because they read that others may not like him too. If you are arguing that this thread was made to help Nighthawkd become a better person, then you are truly mistaken, as much as you try to cover it up.

Right now the server has been more anti-staff than I have ever seen before, and its disgusting. We aren't out to destroy the community and hold an iron grip over the player base, treating it like a playground. It's like people who say the police are out to get them, and that they serve no purpose other than to arrest completely good people.

Some staff handle cases softly, and let even the biggest prop spammers try to explain themselves. Others like to have a firmer grip ,and make a point that rule breaking and ruining peoples experience on this server is not tolerated. It has always been like this, and people don't like getting their feelings hurt, so they immediately hold a grudge on staff members who are simply trying to do their job.

And to address people who think they are being silenced, you are not. Everything that goes on in the community is constantly discussed within the staff team. You may think you are being shut down, but your opinions are heard. If you feel they truly are not, then feel free to send me or another staff member a pm, we will gladly make sure you are heard.

^

RE: Opinions regarding [FL] NightHawkd - rand0m0mg - 01-08-2016

He's a bit toxic, but his toxicity is compensated by his abilities as a administrator and his loyalty to the servers in times of crisis.

RE: Opinions regarding [FL] NightHawkd - Greed^ - 01-08-2016

[Image: Du2U0c6.png]

First ban ever on this guy, he extends it to perma? O.o