Fearless Forums
Racist and Homophobic Slurs are allowed?! - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Discussions (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=481)
+---- Thread: Racist and Homophobic Slurs are allowed?! (/showthread.php?tid=73803)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Racist and Homophobic Slurs are allowed?! - Create - 08-05-2016

(08-05-2016, 03:37 PM)SirMinus Wrote:
(08-05-2016, 03:35 PM)Create Wrote:
(08-05-2016, 03:31 PM)SirMinus Wrote:
(08-05-2016, 03:27 PM)Create Wrote:
(08-05-2016, 03:24 PM)Mr.Ranger Wrote: Calm down luv just a joke. And also its like when someone says "I'm asking for a friend"

Firstly, I am not trying to hide who I am? My friends know who I am, I am not scared about what they or you think.

Most would say you are oppressing freedom of speech right now.

There is a difference, when you are insulting directly to one person or the label as a whole.

But.. they are just words.
They may be just words to you, but to others it is an entirely new thing.

RE: Racist and Homophobic Slurs are allowed?! - Deleted User - 08-05-2016

(08-05-2016, 03:38 PM)Create Wrote:
(08-05-2016, 03:37 PM)SirMinus Wrote:
(08-05-2016, 03:35 PM)Create Wrote:
(08-05-2016, 03:31 PM)SirMinus Wrote:
(08-05-2016, 03:27 PM)Create Wrote: Firstly, I am not trying to hide who I am? My friends know who I am, I am not scared about what they or you think.

Most would say you are oppressing freedom of speech right now.

There is a difference, when you are insulting directly to one person or the label as a whole.

But.. they are just words.
They may be just words to you, but to others it is an entirely new thing.

I don't see why you are offended by words people say online lol

RE: Racist and Homophobic Slurs are allowed?! - Ranger - 08-05-2016

Freedom of expression/speech is a human right.
Rape is against the law. Calling some a "F*g" or a "ni**er" is considered racist but not against the law.
Rape in no civilized country is legal. If you wanna act like a Lawyer do it right.

If you are gonna add raperp to the game, do it so you have to get consent of the person who is being "raped" in OOC and have admins permission. 

Edit: Racism and rape are two different things and shouldn't be compared.

Regards, Mr.Ranger.
Keyboard Warrior

(08-05-2016, 03:42 PM)Mr.Ranger Wrote: Freedom of expression/speech is a human right.
Rape is against the law. Calling some a "F*g" or a "ni**er" is considered racist but not against the law.
Rape in no civilized country is legal. If you wanna act like a Lawyer do it right.

If you are gonna add raperp to the game, do it so you have to get consent of the person who is being "raped" in OOC and have admins permission. 

Regards, Mr.Ranger.
    Keyboard Warrior

In which I understand, you are from the United Kingdom. In the United Kingdom, it is indeed against the law to be racially insulting. Racism and Discriminatory is indeed worthy of a Criminal Offence.

(08-05-2016, 03:49 PM)Create Wrote:
(08-05-2016, 03:42 PM)Mr.Ranger Wrote: Freedom of expression/speech is a human right.

Regards, Mr.Ranger.
    Keyboard Warrior

In which I understand, you are from the United Kingdom. In the United Kingdom, it is indeed against the law to be racially insulting. Racism and Discriminatory is indeed worthy of a Criminal Offence.

Although free speech has long been recognised as a common law right in Britain, it also has a statutory basis in Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights (the “Convention”), which has been incorporated into UK law by the Human Rights Act 1998. 

Assaulting a person for their race/gender/Sexual Orientation is illegal in the UK. And discrimination is different to calling someone a "ni**er"

Do research and from what I understand Evocity is in America.

RE: Racist and Homophobic Slurs are allowed?! - mintblackbeard - 08-05-2016

Neither should allowed because it all of ways goes over the top. No one seems to know the meating of excession and the same would be with rape. Everyone is getting called racist and homoph if slurs left right and centre and the same would be for rape. It gets to the point where it's not rp anymore.

If anything, I do not support RapeRP or anything like that, but I also do not support the new Racism Rule and Discriminatory Rules. Both should not be allowed.

RE: Racist and Homophobic Slurs are allowed?! - Deleted User - 08-05-2016

(08-05-2016, 03:51 PM)mintblackbeard Wrote: Neither should allowed because it all of ways goes over the top. No one seems to know the meating of excession and the same would be with rape. Everyone is getting called racist and homoph if slurs left right and centre and the same would be for rape. It gets to the point where it's not rp anymore.

Players who be excessively racist will be punished by an admin. (1.13b)

It's the players responsibility to report people abusing this rule.

Create, could you please correct your poll to make it slightly more fair. (And correct the question marks, its a statement not a question)

(08-05-2016, 03:55 PM)SirMinus Wrote:
(08-05-2016, 03:51 PM)mintblackbeard Wrote: Neither should allowed because it all of ways goes over the top. No one seems to know the meating of excession and the same would be with rape. Everyone is getting called racist and homoph if slurs left right and centre and the same would be for rape. It gets to the point where it's not rp anymore.

Players who be excessively racist will be punished by an admin. (1.13b)

It's the players responsibility to report people abusing this rule.

The Rule will always be abused, whether anyone likes it or not, but before this rule came in, the racism was cut massively.