Gamemode Police Rework
Lightbulb 
Title of Suggestion: Police Rework

Description
So coming from a not very police man i still feel this change would be beneficial and helpful with the way the server is changing so hear me out instead of just saying no.

More police jobs instead of just cop and sergeant, Everyone starts off as like (just gonna use random names) recruit where you get lets say Half armour and a P99 you have to do certain challenges like lets say Fine someone, arrest someone and get a certain amount of hours to go to the next level cop so there is much more to it then legit just going on F1 and clicking the police job. 

A lot more to it but this is an example 

Police Recruit (To reach next rank must do 10 hours on job, Fine someone, arrest someone, drag someone)
Constable
Sergeant
Chief Constable

etc generally speaking i know nothing about Police however looking at it from a side view this would work so much better and people will have something to grind for.

Why?
Not only would this help the server, this would also give players something to work for after so long of people moaning about not having something to work for this could definitely help

For an example:

Police Recruit - P99, Half armour, Baton, Handcuffs, arrest baton
Constable - MP5, 75% armour, baton, handcuffs, arrest baton, door rammer
Sergeant - AR, 100% armour, baton, handcuffs, arrest baton, door rammer
Chief constable - AR, P99, Full armour, Access to snipers, riot shield access, handcuffs, baton, arrest batton and door rammer
Nah, adds unnecessary complication. The average playercount FL normally gets isn't large enough for this either.

Besides it could motivate people to make frivolous arrests or tickets just to gain new ranks.

-support
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
(06-23-2022, 09:43 AM)Archer Wrote: Nah, adds unnecessary complication. The average playercount FL normally gets isn't large enough for this either.

Besides it could motivate people to make frivolous arrests or tickets just to gain new ranks.

-support

I can see what you mean regarding what you`d have to do i wasnt sure on it i believe just hours on the job would do that instead, However would you not as a cop want something to work for are you really happy enough to join the server click F1 click police collect your AR and armour your saying you would not want to work the slightest in getting the better stuff?

Unnecessary but this is a City Roleplay server and you gotta realise its quite un natural to be able to join a server click F1 change your job and have access to an AR attachments and ammo all that quick
+support for a police rework but not the with the ideas you've currently suggested, the police force shouldn't be but at a disadvantage armour wise nor should they have access to bigger guns then they have now, that is what swat is for, the leveling to open up access to guns higher then a pistol but lower then an ar (excluding the chief) isn't a bad idea but that should only be done on hours as a police officer, the arrest idea is cool and could encourage more roleplay but also just opens up a reason to arrest randomly and for the littlest of things.

Maybe things like little perks could be added such as more tazer ammo, rearming to different weapons from your car depending on the situation, being able to carry more tools (NOT GUNS)
The following 2 users Like Caesar's post:
  • L Y N C H Y, Boonan
(06-23-2022, 10:23 AM)Caesar Wrote: +support for a police rework but not the with the ideas you've currently suggested, the police force shouldn't be but at a disadvantage armour wise nor should they have access to bigger guns then they have now, that is what swat is for, the leveling to open up access to guns higher then a pistol but lower then an ar (excluding the chief) isn't a bad idea but that should only be done on hours as a police officer, the arrest idea is cool and could encourage more roleplay but also just opens up a reason to arrest randomly and for the littlest of things.

Maybe things like little perks could be added such as more tazer ammo, rearming to different weapons from your car depending on the situation, being able to carry more tools (NOT GUNS)

Your points are very understandable I wont lie this suggestion was made very quickly the base of the suggestion/idea is good however i just didnt do too much thinking on how to level up as theres so little things to be made to level up cause arresting can be good and bad, tickets could be good and bad all kinda mixed

I personally like the armour concept i believe it brings something different a pistol and not as much armour for something like a recruit is reasonable i think but once again i see your point.

The base of the suggestion/idea is good i believe just need to work on the smaller details so ill make some edits soon
+support

just enhance the police rp more by adding new stuff but im against the rank system
[Image: SHfSAas.png]
-support for it in the way you have described.
+support for a rework. on minor things, such as some of the tools and the amount of them you can carry etc
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:116551935&b=22]
+Support the idea of a police rework, it is bland currently not going to lie. I like the idea of a hierarchy however I don't agree with its layout here as it nerfs the police when they need a little buff.

An idea could be to add an evidence room with an NPC that cops can give items to for a small reward (200$ per item perhaps) - this could be done by allowing police (when they search a suspect) to deposit items confiscated from criminals (Kevlar, guns and drugs) which have either been collected or holstered/equipped within the past 5 minutes.

This would then create an incentive to go police as the job has another layer added to it, whilst also somewhat trimming the economy constantly as players will lose guns and potential money as they'd lose these inventory items from being searched and arrested by the police, this adds a sense of caution rather than just being arrested after running out of red deer, only to then be released 3 minutes earlier with zero loss.
[Image: 8qIOXca.jpg]
(06-23-2022, 09:43 AM)Archer Wrote: Nah, adds unnecessary complication. The average playercount FL normally gets isn't large enough for this either.

-support

A lot of things can be abused. That's why we have rules to state what is allowed and not. The staff team is more active than ever, I've never seen so many admins actively play before.
And the size isn't a problem. People are making return threads left and right. FL is on it's way back.

+Support from me. I think this is a great suggestion Lynchy. However I think everyone should have 100% armour to make it fair.

EDIT: Also no sniper, save that for SRU.
- Police really should have pistols, police that are supporter+ or have a certain amount of hours should have access to 556 rifle with 25% kevlar like a stab vest. Police in real life don't walk around wearing bulletproof body armour. Military/SWAT do.

- Police Sergeant should get a rifle and kevlar. Police Sergeant should be restricted to those with 50-100+ hours played. They have to have enough play experience to play the role properly and actually lead the rest of the officers and not mong it.

- SWAT Should get a RIFLE/Shield and kevlar no questions asked, supprter or supporter+ whatever it is and maybe 10-20 hours played.
The following 1 user Likes JackZ's post:
  • User 21796