Community Update #1
A lot of good ideas, not on board with the whole wiping idea but if by ‘legacy players’ you mean those who are currently successful on fearless and who are likely to lose the most, that’s a good way of limiting any losses with the wipe so that’s a good idea.

Nice to see some changes.
[Image: rVTtJWh.jpg]         
(06-13-2022, 08:58 PM)Centurion Wrote: A lot of good ideas, not on board with the whole wiping idea but if by ‘legacy players’ you mean those who are currently successful on fearless and who are likely to lose the most, that’s a good way of limiting any losses with the wipe so that’s a good idea.

Hi Centurion,

Just for reference it's not a 'wipe' as such we are doing. Essentially we're deflating the economy, in essence all items are getting refunded at 70% value. At which point we essentially 'tax' peoples money and then descale by a factor. Obviously this isn't favourable with everyone, as there are individuals who don't want it touched, those who want it all wiped and those who want the in-between (What we've gone with).

Obviously for those who have worked hard, myself included as I have the highest wealth, we do lose a lot. However it's what we deem necessary to coincide with the future of FL and it's updates.

Just for reference we're not doing a system for 'legacy players', we're giving a legacy cosmetic item based upon the tax brackets you fall into, the more you lose the rare your legacy item you receive essentially.

Hope this helps
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
The following 2 users Like Joe Joe's post:
  • Centurion, Ausverkauft
(06-13-2022, 09:05 PM)Joe Joe Wrote:
(06-13-2022, 08:58 PM)Centurion Wrote: A lot of good ideas, not on board with the whole wiping idea but if by ‘legacy players’ you mean those who are currently successful on fearless and who are likely to lose the most, that’s a good way of limiting any losses with the wipe so that’s a good idea.

Hi Centurion,

Just for reference it's not a 'wipe' as such we are doing. Essentially we're deflating the economy, in essence all items are getting refunded at 70% value. At which point we essentially 'tax' peoples money and then descale by a factor. Obviously this isn't favourable with everyone, as there are individuals who don't want it touched, those who want it all wiped and those who want the in-between (What we've gone with).

Obviously for those who have worked hard, myself included as I have the highest wealth, we do lose a lot. However it's what we deem necessary to coincide with the future of FL and it's updates.

Just for reference we're not doing a system for 'legacy players', we're giving a legacy cosmetic item based upon the tax brackets you fall into, the more you lose the rare your legacy item you receive essentially.

Hope this helps

I see. 

It is essentially a wipe for high net worth individuals. A net worth of 18,000,000 is reduced by around 91-92% overall. That’s huge. 

It could be worth having an ‘experience’ shop. Almost a currency you can spend on legacy items like skins, suits, glasses and accessories. Easy, modelling bonuses which can be churned out fast. Old money (pre change) and new money earned, as well as other things like hours, role play points etc could go towards experience. Very brief brainstorm but you know what I’m getting at. Experience in games is quite common, no reason why it can’t be integrated into role play as long as it sticks to cosmetics. 

It’s important to keep your current and old players feeling valued and if their networth is being dumped, legacy items and exclusive items (or rare items, like you’re proposing) are a good way of doing that. It’s probably worth breaking up the higher tax categories further for legacy cosmetics (obviously keeping the tax rates you currently have). There’s a lot of players over £10,000,000 for example who deserve a cosmetic better than £5,000,000 giving it’s huge jump, the same with £20,000,000 and £10,000,000 etc. If you’re only giving one cosmetic for all the grind people have done over the years I think it’s important you make people feel special about it. 

The main thing: this reset needs to come with a lot of new content. If you slice the economy then expect people to grind for the same content, you’re making a huge mistake. But, if you release a large amount of new content AT THE SAME TIME, not before and not after, you’ll be doing a lot better.
[Image: rVTtJWh.jpg]         
The following 2 users Like Centurion's post:
  • rino, ElonWuzhou
Though I wouldn't consider the economy descale in isolation an 'essential' change that would bring back the server, it will (very probably) have many long term benefits if deployed alongside the right updates.

As Centurion hints to, I think diversification of, and support for, newer 'fun' and more 'interesting' money making methods (not just general updates) could be paramount for the change to actually provide the benefit of getting existing players playing again for the long haul.

This would raise player numbers, and make it more likely for new players to join the server, whose retention can be targeted by future changes, for server growth.

However, if after the change is made, people have to result to the same boring and tedious money making methods as before, I doubt anyone would go through with it, and it would do more harm than good.

Though, I'm sure more features specifically tied to the economy and money making are being worked on behind the scenes!
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

The following 8 users Like Link's post:
  • Lewwings, Centurion, Joe Joe, Grizzly, DVN, Envy, max., Blaz
(06-13-2022, 09:56 PM)Link Wrote: Though I wouldn't consider the economy descale in isolation an 'essential' change that would bring back the server, it will (very probably) have many long term benefits if deployed alongside the right updates.

As Centurion hints to, I think diversification of, and support for, newer 'fun' and more 'interesting' money making methods (not just general updates) could be paramount for the change to actually provide the benefit of getting existing players playing again for the long haul.

This would raise player numbers, and make it more likely for new players to join the server, whose retention can be targeted by future changes, for server growth.

However, if after the change is made, people have to result to the same boring and tedious money making methods as before, I doubt anyone would go through with it, and it would do more harm than good.

Though, I'm sure more features specifically tied to the economy and money making are being worked on behind the scenes!

Bingo, your first line summarises it all. Essentially the economy reform is seen as an essential step as part of our plan. It will end up coming with other updates not just on its own as that achieves nothing. When I started writing it a few months ago we were looking at whether its worth keeping the economy as it is now and increasing prices massively (Which would look highly unrealistic), or hyperinflating the current economy and only marginally editing prices.

As such we went with the latter. Equally when looking at new players and retention if we chose the other option new players would join and see the extortionate prices of items and feel demotivated and unable to work towards them and achieve them. With the system currently the existing players will hopefully realise the new true value of items and for newer players it will look like less of a challenge to obtain items.

Very similar situations have happened in other online games, like GTA V (Albeit by default its not a roleplay game) where they chose the option of allowing money to continuously be pumped in and now new items cost millions and millions but the old systems pay-out the same - this is something we want to avoid.
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
Are there plans to add in the limelight cooking system?
The following 1 user Likes SpaghettiFTW's post:
  • User 21796
(06-13-2022, 10:42 PM)SpaghettiFTW Wrote: Are there plans to add in the limelight cooking system?

nothing in development, not out of the question if all checks out with any external licensing (gmodstore etc) in future
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

The following 1 user Likes Conn's post:
  • SpaghettiFTW
I think a clean up of the economy is needed. I remember the days of paying for something and having to watch ur bank or earn money back straight away. While now people just give out money like its nothing. Cuz so many ppl have so much of it.
Companies House be looking lit right about now with the creation of FL LTD

-Removed by Steven8ken
The following 1 user Likes Dragnort_'s post:
  • User 21796
23m down to 1.4m, tight that

Also what classes someone as a "Legacy Player"?
Kind Regards,
[Image: qyVlGhw.png]