What's Next?
(06-05-2022, 09:50 PM)Boonan Wrote:
(06-05-2022, 07:05 PM)Jimmy the Jew Wrote:
(06-05-2022, 06:56 PM)Boonan Wrote:
(06-05-2022, 06:36 PM)Jimmy the Jew Wrote:
(06-05-2022, 06:07 PM)Pollux Wrote: This is a valid concern, but in the end it really boils down to us having two options:

- snip -

Why would you go for option 2 which consists of literally 30 people compared to the THOUSANDS of people that have invested time into the server?

- snip -

Although the number of old players far outweigh the number of new players, you're acting like the thousands of old members actively play and are subsequently annoyed by this - but in reality very few of them even check the forums, discord alerts or join the server, it's once in a blue moon and is now just used as a go to 'warning' to stop progress, that being there will be a revolt of some type as the older players disagree with a current decision despite being out of the loop for some time. 

- snip -

Ah so this is the logic, 'they don't play so they don't care.'

- snip -

Initially, there were many who were curious whether or not it was the right thing to do however this was hashed out by Management and once their draft was ready, it was shared with the rest of the team and tweaks were made and basically 100% of us collectively agreed.

- snip -

How is it a waste of time to bring old players back? Your whole point is they don't have time for gaming from your first and second point but I'm literally looking at my friend's list on steam and from the 29 of them that used to play FL but have all left , there is 70% of them STILL play games on Steam. These assumptions you're making are straight-up false and have no factual basis. 

Im looking right now at the FL steam group and can see a percentage of 20% are online right now at 11PM on a Sunday (1070 people). All you need is 50 from these 1070 people to come back. Do you honestly, hand on heart think you're too unable to get 50 of these people back? If you honestly think you as a team cannot get 50 people who used to play FL to come back then clearly whatever plan you're intending to follow is not going to work.
(06-05-2022, 09:35 PM)Centurion Wrote: I feel like you’ve completely misjudged the issues of the servers and the longevity of this ‘solution’.

The key issues with FearlessRP is that development couldn’t keep up with player progress. That’s fine, it’s a small team of volunteers. Resetting things will NOT solve the issue. 

Gary’s Mod is an old, dead game. 

https://steamcharts.com/app/4000

Garry's mod have more players now, than it did at Fearless' prime time. I don't think "Old dead game" is the soloution. Although FiveM offers more and better RP oppertunities.
The following 3 users Like Nadrickk's post:
  • Awestruck, Boonan, Pollux
No change -> people up in arms
Change -> people up in arms

God I love FL.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 8 users Like Lewwings's post:
  • Luminess, Boonan, mintblackbeard, Pollux, Blaz, Joe Joe, Equinox, DVN
This is the first step of many toward better things as outlined in the plan. Risky? Perhaps yes. Any method we use to revive the Community will come with risks at different levels. We can do anything and some people will not be happy which is something we expect however, Conn and the team must take action before it becomes too late. This isn't just a spur of the moment decision. Many hours have been put into discussion and thought about this.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Awestruck's post:
  • Pollux
(06-05-2022, 10:41 PM)Lewwings Wrote: No change -> people up in arms
Change -> people up in arms

God I love FL.

i love democracy
 Zecon
not an Administrator
The following 3 users Like Zecon's post:
  • Lewwings, Centurion, Blaz
(06-05-2022, 10:34 PM)M0x Wrote:
(06-05-2022, 09:35 PM)Centurion Wrote: -snip-

Garry's mod have more players now, than it did at Fearless' prime time. I don't think "Old dead game" is the soloution. Although FiveM offers more and better RP oppertunities.

If you think Gmod is more active for Semi-Serious (and passive) rolepaly than it was in 2013 onwards, you've stuck your head in the sand.

Gary's Mod is dying. 23,000 players in the last 30 days compared to 38,000 in the summer of 2016. That's a big difference especially for a small community when semi-serious roleplay is becoming less popular and TT and DarkRP are taking over.

It seems like everyone is burying their head in the sand to avoid facing the truth about the situation. This is a temporary fix, it buys time for the developers to get on top of content creation. It doesn't solve the issue and its a huge risk to the current player base. 

If you think everyone is honestly fine with this, make it optional and see how many choose it... Watch uptake plummet. 

Seems like a recipe for disaster to me.
[Image: rVTtJWh.jpg]         
The following 1 user Likes Centurion's post:
  • Blaz
(06-05-2022, 10:01 PM)Jimmy the Jew Wrote: How is it a waste of time to bring old players back? Your whole point is they don't have time for gaming from your first and second point but I'm literally looking at my friend's list on steam and from the 29 of them that used to play FL but have all left , there is 70% of them STILL play games on Steam. These assumptions you're making are straight-up false and have no factual basis. 

Im looking right now at the FL steam group and can see a percentage of 20% are online right now at 11PM on a Sunday (1070 people). All you need is 50 from these 1070 people to come back. Do you honestly, hand on heart think you're too unable to get 50 of these people back? If you honestly think you as a team cannot get 50 people who used to play FL to come back then clearly whatever plan you're intending to follow is not going to work.

The Steam group is far from active and not optimal to use, discord is far far better which is why the majority of things are done through there and if you'd look at the Steam group we can't exactly use it currently, however its being sorted though. You say that about your friends list, how many of them are banned and physically can play, how many of them would actually go onto FL at 4pm tomorrow if you asked them to? How many would actually come back to FL (in general) as again its all well and good having a game installed but eventually you'll end up not playing it after a while as you've either moved onto other things or the game you were currently playing got stale and boring and you felt like there was nothing to do because it was dry.

The exact thing you proposed was tried by Nacreas when he came back as a TA and he managed to get a handful of players to come back, majority of them check the forums once in a while, which is nice, they also played for a bit too but it didn't last because there was nothing to keep them interested because they'd essentially completed the gamemode as everything is easy to obtain. However, doing that to everyone on the Steam group will yield little results although it could probably be tried at a later date once things are stable, as nobody will join a server they once loved to play if at peak hours there are 4 people online - the economical revamp is needed and the updates that follow it is vital now and then luring older players back can be prioritised at a later date alongside player retention (which the revamp contains to an extent as it will have finally been contained/trimmed after years of neglect, giving players something to do if there is no active RP, as again it was stated a while ago by Pollux but content is being worked on, mainly vehicles). 

Again I'm sure many people would like the forums and Steam group to be active again but in recent times, they simply aren't as user friendly and easier to navigate than discord - sure they can be used as subsidiaries to the discord which is the 'central hub' if you will for info regarding FL and where active members of the community talk etc but prioritising that now over sorting the server itself out is an outlandish statement and won't have the same impact.
[Image: 8qIOXca.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Boonan's post:
  • Pooples
Honestly, I'm quite hyped for this. Been looking forward to new changes and I'm intrigued by the new crafting system and can't wait to see more. Congrats on becoming owner and I look forward to the future of FL
The following 1 user Likes Pooples's post:
  • Boonan
(06-05-2022, 11:26 PM)Boonan Wrote:
(06-05-2022, 10:01 PM)Jimmy the Jew Wrote: How is it a waste of time to bring old players back? Your whole point is they don't have time for gaming from your first and second point but I'm literally looking at my friend's list on steam and from the 29 of them that used to play FL but have all left , there is 70% of them STILL play games on Steam. These assumptions you're making are straight-up false and have no factual basis. 

The Steam group is far from active and not optimal to use, discord is far far better which is why the majority of things are done through there and if you'd look at the Steam group we can't exactly use it currently, however its being sorted though. You say that about your friends list, how many of them are banned and physically can play, how many of them would actually go onto FL at 4pm tomorrow if you asked them to? How many would actually come back to FL (in general) as again its all well and good having a game installed but eventually you'll end up not playing it after a while as you've either moved onto other things or the game you were currently playing got stale and boring and you felt like there was nothing to do because it was dry.

The exact thing you proposed was tried by Nacreas when he came back as a TA and he managed to get a handful of players to come back, majority of them check the forums once in a while, which is nice, they also played for a bit too but it didn't last because there was nothing to keep them interested because they'd essentially completed the gamemode as everything is easy to obtain. However, doing that to everyone on the Steam group will yield little results although it could probably be tried at a later date once things are stable, as nobody will join a server they once loved to play if at peak hours there are 4 people online - the economical revamp is needed and the updates that follow it is vital now and then luring older players back can be prioritised at a later date alongside player retention (which the revamp contains to an extent as it will have finally been contained/trimmed after years of neglect, giving players something to do if there is no active RP, as again it was stated a while ago by Pollux but content is being worked on, mainly vehicles). 

Again I'm sure many people would like the forums and Steam group to be active again but in recent times, they simply aren't as user friendly and easier to navigate than discord - sure they can be used as subsidiaries to the discord which is the 'central hub' if you will for info regarding FL and where active members of the community talk etc but prioritising that now over sorting the server itself out is an outlandish statement and won't have the same impact.
See, as a player back from 2014/15, I've got a lot of stuff that I needed already. I still jump in every so often, but I have moments where I won't touch Gmod, let alone FL, for months, maybe even years. And the idea of a revamp for economy as well content makes me want to come back and rebuild my fortune (albeit, not very big). I just spend most of my time chilling with mods and admins or fishing. I'm just hoping we can revive FL once more.
The following 1 user Likes Pooples's post:
  • Boonan
(06-05-2022, 10:52 PM)Centurion Wrote:
(06-05-2022, 10:34 PM)M0x Wrote:
(06-05-2022, 09:35 PM)Centurion Wrote: -snip-

If you think Gmod is more active for Semi-Serious (and passive) rolepaly than it was in 2013 onwards, you've stuck your head in the sand.

Gary's Mod is dying. 23,000 players in the last 30 days compared to 38,000 in the summer of 2016. That's a big difference especially for a small community when semi-serious roleplay is becoming less popular and TT and DarkRP are taking over.

It seems like everyone is burying their head in the sand to avoid facing the truth about the situation. This is a temporary fix, it buys time for the developers to get on top of content creation. It doesn't solve the issue and its a huge risk to the current player base. 

If you think everyone is honestly fine with this, make it optional and see how many choose it... Watch uptake plummet. 

Seems like a recipe for disaster to me.

Your stats are incorrect, Garry's Mod has had 39k in the past 24 hours which is actually higher than the 38k you've said in 2016 (I'm using your figure, idk if that is wrong too). I understand if you're bored of Garry's Mod, but that doesn't make the game dead at all. If you're not interested in Garry's Mod (which your post implies) then there's not much we can offer for you at FL. Moving from this game isn't a plan at all for the foreseeable future.

We've spent a lot of time thinking about the economy and consulting with many members of the community about it, after quite literally months of planning we're finally ready to do it and there really isn't much more to be said now (I will note, figures are different than what is on the final document and we'll try get it updated soon. The only changes are for new players though, anyone over 200k will see very little difference in what they end up with versus the current plan). The intention of this thread isn't to discuss our plans, but rather inform you what we're doing. For better or worse that is the decision that has been made and is what we will be doing.

You can view stats for gmod here: https://steamcharts.com/app/4000#All

[Image: raw]
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork