What's Next?
I really hope the crafting WIP is just an old project that was started without your decision.

PLEASE don't waste fucking development time on stuff like changing a UI from one thing to another, its simple and literally adds Z E R O to the game.

Focus on what people want (I swear to fucking god, bank heists, gang turf wars etc) actual CONTENT. Something people can go 'Oh damn, you seen now you can start a bank heist etc' not shit like 'wow, they made a UI change to the crafting system of which has changed nothing'.

I really hope you will be the FL owner that FL needs.
The following 2 users Like Jimmy The's post:
  • gin, Cox
Hopefully this will be the turning point for Fearless. I feel like good things are to come
[Image: jck7EJ6.png]
i don't like Conn
The following 6 users Like EAGLE:)'s post:
  • Conn, Pollux, Awestruck, Edned, Joe Joe, Blaz
No pressure or anything btw
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 4 users Like Awestruck's post:
  • Panda, Lewwings, Blaz, mintblackbeard
Resetting the economy is a terrible idea if it’s not done properly….
[Image: rVTtJWh.jpg]         
The following 1 user Likes Centurion's post:
  • Blaz
(06-03-2022, 07:16 PM)Jimmy the Jew Wrote: I really hope the crafting WIP is just an old project that was started without your decision.

PLEASE don't waste fucking development time on stuff like changing a UI from one thing to another, its simple and literally adds Z E R O to the game.

Focus on what people want (I swear to fucking god, bank heists, gang turf wars etc) actual CONTENT. Something people can go 'Oh damn, you seen now you can start a bank heist etc' not shit like 'wow, they made a UI change to the crafting system of which has changed nothing'.

I really hope you will be the FL owner that FL needs.

Crafting is an essential part of the other updates we're putting in for the dynamic economy. It may not make sense on its own, but will make sense when everything comes together. It's more than a simple UI change.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
The economy reset is bugging me a bit.

People have grinded hard and spent to get their money over the years, I know people say it’s “easy” to get it back, but that’s only if you can spend hours a day contrafarming, it took me years to build what I’ve gotten and it’s not even that good when compared to others lol.

I’m conscious this could backfire massively, some people won’t want to go through that again so will push them away further knowing they’re coming back to their hard work being wiped out.
The following 6 users Like Falc's post:
  • Conn, Centurion, Blaz, TheSiphon, Kippsee, Police Driver
(06-02-2022, 10:15 PM)Conn Wrote: We also welcome Doctor Internet into the development team, who will be assisting us predominantly with backend infrastructure and web development.

One of the best decisions in years imho. With Doc you have a great asset with years of experience and willingness to improve Garry's Mod communities
The following 4 users Like Burnett's post:
  • Conn, Pollux, Doctor Internet, L Y N C H Y
(06-05-2022, 05:21 PM)Falc Wrote: The economy reset is bugging me a bit.

People have grinded hard and spent to get their money over the years, I know people say it’s “easy” to get it back, but that’s only if you can spend hours a day contrafarming, it took me years to build what I’ve gotten and it’s not even that good when compared to others lol.

I’m conscious this could backfire massively, some people won’t want to go through that again so will push them away further knowing they’re coming back to their hard work being wiped out.

I do agree that there are very fine margins in doing such a big change, however, I do also believe that it is a risk that has to be taken in order to revitalise aspects of the gamemode not directly linked to RPs. To get people on the server, we really need to offer player goals and things to work for, and that is nigh on impossible with the current economy, due to the mass amounts of money that have flooded in through various badly planned changes, exploits, etc. 

What we hope is that once the updates planned for the economy have been rolled out, there will be more incentive to play when there isn't much RP going on, raising numbers, and therefore creating more RP opportunities, both passive and aggressive, in a somewhat upwards spiral. 

Once we do this, we will have to monitor and be ready to proactively make changes to nerf or buff aspects of the economy, to ensure that nothing is too hard or too easy, and it will take a time to reach a completely stable state, but we hope that this update will help achieve a better platform to make money actually worth spending time to get.

I hope that somewhat made sense!
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

The following 3 users Like Conn's post:
  • Falc, Boonan, Pollux
(06-05-2022, 05:21 PM)Falc Wrote: The economy reset is bugging me a bit.

This is a valid concern, but in the end it really boils down to us having two options:
1) We don't fix the economy, this means active players still don't have anything to do but older, inactive players keep their things and may join because of that.
2) We do fix the economy, this gives active players something to do again but older players might be put off by not having everything again.

We're going for option 2 because our focus is on giving those who do play more to do. This isn't a decision we took lightly at all and discussed for ages, it's just in the end it makes sense for us to focus on what we actually have right now versus potential old players that may or may not come back. We're spending a lot of time making sure we're getting it right, you can view the final document here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i0ES...sp=sharing
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork