What's Next?
(06-03-2022, 01:17 PM)Joe Joe Wrote:
(06-03-2022, 12:56 PM)Enclave Wrote: It's perhaps just me being dumb, but a thing I don't understand with the Economy Rework is: Are all out items gonna be refunded, or did I misunderstand something?

Hi there, just to clear it up. All items are going to be refunded apart from legacy items (Such as the BMW, Jaguar E-Type, Trabant, etc.)
What do you mean.. so bmw owners won't have them anymore?
[Image: giphy.gif]

Sinatra <3
You will keep legacy items.
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

The following 3 users Like Conn's post:
  • Abodigamer, matar_i, Joe Joe
(06-03-2022, 01:30 PM)matar_i Wrote:
(06-03-2022, 12:56 PM)Enclave Wrote: It's perhaps just me being dumb, but a thing I don't understand with the Economy Rework is: Are all out items gonna be refunded, or did I misunderstand something?

Hi there, just to clear it up. All items are going to be refunded apart from legacy items (Such as the BMW, Jaguar E-Type, Trabant, etc.)
What do you mean.. so bmw owners won't have them anymore?

To be specific.

The current list of items being kept are legacy:
Trabant,
Jaguar E-Type,
Dodge Charger 2008,
BMW GTR Legacy,
BMW GTR

If I've missed any legacy items, do send me a DM on Discord or on the forums as I don't want to derail this thread too much.
The following 1 user Likes Awestruck's post:
  • Conn

And from what I understood you only get 50-60% back? Isn't that a little low?
(06-03-2022, 02:03 PM)Enclave Wrote:

You will get 60% of the market value, 10% more than if you were to quicksell
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
(06-03-2022, 02:04 PM)Awestruck Wrote:

I suppose I can understand all this economy reform and stuff, but like, refunding all items? Maybe it's just me but it makes me a little sad that we're just gonna lose all our items and the fact we're just gonna lose a lot of our money.
(06-03-2022, 02:10 PM)Enclave Wrote:

I suppose I can understand all this economy reform and stuff, but like, refunding all items? Maybe it's just me but it makes me a little sad that we're just gonna lose all our items and the fact we're just gonna lose a lot of our money.

Take players like me who have so many hours, grinded for years, gave away my inventory multiple times. I have now got it all back for like the 4th time, it really isn't hard to get items. This will be very refreshing for people who have everything and want to start over without losing a lot. It's a good idea tbf
Wolven

(06-03-2022, 02:10 PM)Enclave Wrote:

The FL economy has been totally left for dead, there have been many factors that have essentially led to this being the case, which we will be working to balance or remove. Income sources need reworking, as well as special bonus periods (Christmas presents dropped at few hundred million into the economy, more than money packs have in the past 2 years actually). We will be working to kill off money packs, be it completely, or replacing them with a suitable alternative that does not flood the economy in the same way. A replacement would be good for the longevity of the server in terms of costs associated with running, paying devs, etc, and so we'll explore options and see if this is at all feasible.

Items will be lost, and I appreciate there's 14 years of history behind some inventories, however this is a chance to create an environment that rewards people fairly for putting in time, and "grinding", whilst generally fixing a lot of the unbalance that is there already. If it is more rewarding to work on making money, it means that more people should then have a goal even if population is low at a time, and then it helps build the server population for RP to then take place.

It's a lot about balancing the books on the in-game economy, and allowing us to rework some of the sources and drains of money, and hopefully some of the content around that.
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

The following 5 users Like Conn's post:
  • Joe Joe, Boonan, mintblackbeard, Equinox, Kappatalist
Strong start, hope we can see all things get pushed through asap. +Support
Great to see this, credit Conn to sharing this information as its brave with delays etc but something FL has lacked for god knows how long, so already you’re off to a strong start.

Very confident you can give a real strong push to turn things around and I hope you do.

Now let’s turn the sourness and negativity in the community and be positive and constructive as we have had months of just shambles.

I am toying with the idea of making a return thread! Never thought I’d say that lol.

Let’s hope for a good future to the place we all love.