What's Next?
Greetings Fearless,

The last few months have been a bit of a mess to say the least, with the server in a dire state, and left for dead. I’m sure you’re all wondering what we’ve been up to so far and what we’re planning to do to fix things. I do hope this thread will provide that insight and explain what will be happening in the near future.

What has happened?

As of the 1st of June I have taken over ownership of FearlessRP, following an agreement with Divey to purchase the community. From here onwards, Divey and Tomo are no longer part of the team and have resigned. In the development team, Ivan Headshotski and Theblackshadowofgod have also resigned from their positions, and we wish them all the best for the future. We also welcome Doctor Internet into the development team, who will be assisting us predominantly with backend infrastructure and web development.

What does this mean?

I’m sure many of you know about the many issues I’ve been vocal about over the past few years, now it’s time to actually make the necessary changes. We’ve already identified several key areas in need of improvement, such as significant development waste and communication issues within the team, which myself and the management team will be working to resolve. The current team is more than capable of lifting us from this hole, it’s just going to take some work to get there. I am eager to keep an open discourse with the community, offering more transparency, allowing the community more insight into what is and isn’t happening, and encouraging constructive discussion within both the team and the community to help us recover and grow.

As the owner of the server, I have to be held to a standard above anyone else in the community - it is my job, if anything, to be aware and proactive to developments, issues, and anything in between, and that will be visible as I will ensure to be present in any constructive forum discussions, within the team, and on the different services.

So, what’s next?

We want to do things properly. We’ll be moving to a proper server setup with a better network to give us a world-leading anti-DDoS solution and potentially decrease lag, especially for those not in Europe. This will take up some time and may push back our ongoing updates by around a week, however, it is a necessity to keep FL competitive with other servers. We’re also researching if swapping to the DarkRP category alongside this new upgrade will benefit us, this is not guaranteed and we may not do it initially just to see how it goes. The current development focus is this swap to our new host within the next week and finishing implementing the plan for the economy which we created back a few months ago before the end of June. As always, the nature of development means these timeframes may be pushed back; however, we will try our best to meet them. We’re quite far along in this and will share more soon. We’re also looking into donator reworks which were also planned around the same time, the primary point of which is to remove moneypacks in order to provide a better economy for players, whilst also improving the package offerings. This will likely be alongside all the other economy reworks deep into their development cycle.

With the promise of transparency, I would like to share one of the many things currently far into their development cycle to show you guys what we’re doing and the direction we’re going in. I want to stress that this is a work in progress and things will likely change before the final version you all see. This system is the closest to completion out of them all. This system is a new crafting system to go hand-in-hand with our upcoming dynamic economy changes and eventual economy reset (the reset already being fully planned and even finished with development, it’s simply waiting for other elements of this update. If you’d like to read more about the economy reset, see here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i0ES...sp=sharing) . We’re also looking at providing a lot of new content with this reset to give older players something new to do.

[spoiler=”Crafting WIP”]
[Image: unknown.png]
[/spoiler]

Alongside the economy, we’re looking at making it easier for new players to navigate the map. More information will be revealed on this later due to it only starting development more recently compared to the other three further along. We do have a very talented development team which unfortunately has had constant priority shifts and false promises of payment, the result being a ton of half-finished projects and even a half-finished gamemode. This is something I want to avoid going forward, as all it serves to do is de-motivate the team and result in no new content for all of you. I will be sorting out an effective developer payment system with an initial budget immediately, if you’re interested in joining the team our contributor applications are always open. If you’ve previously been a developer and are interested in returning, contact Pollux or myself directly.

Conclusion

We appreciate the patience and suggestions many in the community have given us and hope our upcoming actions will speak for themself. It’s important to remember that not everyone will agree on everything we do, however in the end we all care about keeping this community alive and our actions will always reflect this. We hope that you are as excited for the future as we are, and we hope to reach a real turning point in the community, allowing us to thrive once again.

Best Regards,
Conn
Pollux
Joe Joe
Edned
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

hello i would like to be owner too
[Image: cSmfz9P.png]
The following 1 user Likes gin's post:
  • EquinoxSkyZ
(06-02-2022, 10:19 PM)Kingstone Wrote: hello i would like to be owner too

please submit a 4000 word application to management, you must send it via smoke signals.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Don’t care, give me admin
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:76958346&b=1]
Now these are actually some good news and stable signs of improvement. I'm glad you are giving us an inside-view of what's going on!
Keep it up Smile
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:50472351&b=13]
Did I manage to help you? Consider a +rep for me!
"I really never was on your side" -TF2 Spy
What is happening white all the suggestions that they are approved since 3 months or so and are not done or work in progress, same goes for the cars when will we get them?
A riveting read. Looking forward to what comes of this!

Good luck.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 1 user Likes Lewwings's post:
  • EquinoxSkyZ
(06-02-2022, 10:25 PM)Police Driver Wrote: What is happening white all the suggestions that they are approved since 3 months or so and are not done or work in progress, same goes for the cars when will we get them?

Suggestions are currently not a priority. Following our economic plan through to the end, upcoming server upgrades and a donator rework are our focus. Right now we're somewhat limited on manpower due to pretty much over half the team having exams, so things are a bit slower than we'd like for now. It shouldn't be too much longer until we're back up to speed though.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
i think with this post my dear readers, marks Abodigamer SA. i cannot wait!

#MORBIUSSWEEP #MORBINTIME #MARVELLEGEND #ADMINPLEASE #ABODITAKEOVER
[Image: jgUSzW0.png]
Have I helped you or made an epic statement that has blown your mind and turned the tables?
Gimme a sexy lil rep here!
The following 3 users Like Blaz's post:
  • Luminess, Conn, Lewwings
Finally