Forest camo SWAT outfit
Lightbulb 
Title of Suggestion: Forest camo SWAT outfit

Description
Adding the CSS “Seal team 6” model to the “Outfits” market as “Forest camo SWAT costume”.

The idea here is, similarly to the helmeted SWAT model, the Seal Team 6 model from Counter strike source should be added to give an alternative appearance to SWAT. The idea would be so SWAT can be outfitted to fight crime in the large forest and grassy areas of evocity.

The outfit should be:
- cheap or free just like the helmeted SWAT job
- Only equip-able in the SWAT job.
- Unlike the Helmeted SWAT model, this should only be usable by members with active donator status. This adds another reason to keep buying VIP.

Why?
- Functionally works, the insignia is blurred anyways so the seal team 6 logo just really looks like a generic police insignia.
- Would require no additional content being added as it’s a Base game player model anyways.
- Realistic, SWAT Departments all over the USA and the world use camo now.
I feel like I'm Gucci Mane in 2006
+Support

SRU commander should have a command to switch the team's outfit for an appropriate RP
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
(05-31-2022, 04:48 PM)Grape Wrote: +Support

SRU commander should have a command to switch the team's outfit for an appropriate RP

This is a good alternative.
I feel like I'm Gucci Mane in 2006
Is it really worth the effort?

Majority of SWAT encounters happen in city/villas/industrial so camo doesn't really fit. For special events or asking nicely, an admin can fix that for you and your team quickly as well.

-Support
~ Equinox ~
(05-31-2022, 07:45 PM)Equinox Wrote: Is it really worth the effort?

Majority of SWAT encounters happen in city/villas/industrial so camo doesn't really fit. For special events or asking nicely, an admin can fix that for you and your team quickly as well.

-Support

Quite a poor argument given the situation of the server currently.

It’s not exactly a 3 month job, it’s some cool skins for people who enjoy SWAT rp, whether a majority are in the City or not.

+Support
The following 2 users Like Falc's post:
  • EAGLE:), rino
+Support for the idea

Not sure about the model, looked it up and it looks a little low quality, maybe there should be a built in way to manipulate the player model submaterials of the current swat model to different camo presets and make camo materials and add them to the game?
My concern with this is that the models don't really fit in, especially considering we're replacing the SWAT models eventually (https://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=99278). It wouldn't make sense as a donator perk considering it'd be the inferior model.

CSS models are something we've been moving away from as they don't look great, some clans also do like using CSS models and I'm not sure if it's this one or another. That being said, you can always request for that model if you really want it for an RP as it only takes two seconds for an admin to give it. We don't have to make it into an item if it's going to be a niche thing.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(06-01-2022, 12:19 PM)Pollux Wrote: My concern with this is that the models don't really fit in, especially considering we're replacing the SWAT models eventually (https://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=99278). It wouldn't make sense as a donator perk considering it'd be the inferior model.

CSS models are something we've been moving away from as they don't look great, some clans also do like using CSS models and I'm not sure if it's this one or another. That being said, you can always request for that model if you really want it for an RP as it only takes two seconds for an admin to give it. We don't have to make it into an item if it's going to be a niche thing.

Denied, we have new models in the works anyway.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork