Lets Save FL
ban wipe
[Image: fc5d486605e9927d1db6571ea04f89bf.png]
(06-01-2022, 05:04 PM)B33n Wrote:
(06-01-2022, 04:32 PM)TheSiphon Wrote:
(05-31-2022, 09:27 PM)B33n Wrote:
(05-31-2022, 09:18 PM)L Y N C H Y Wrote:
(05-31-2022, 08:36 PM)B33n Wrote: Moving to the DarkRP section saved 3 different CityRP servers man, that’s unironically all it takes.

You do realise FL literally changed to DarkRP a while back and nothing changed so they moved it back

I was told this but never got told when this was done.

It got switched in December 2019, though I don't remember when it was reverted.
https://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=95083

Another community which remained in its own category switched to the DarkRP section around the time COVID started and it literally saved the server to the point where it had its player slots raised from 80 to 128. Timing is key.

I pushed pretty hard to get CityRP into the darkRP section in 2019 - however the problem was that the server never got proper traction.

Changing to the darkRP section doesn't mean you instantly get more players - it means that if you manage to hold a high player count over an extended period of time - people are more likely to see Fearless in the server browser and thus you have the potential to gain a lot more traffic. Nothing is guaranteed.

EDIT: An important thing to keep in mind; if the server never populates sufficiently, it won't help. Since then we won't be in the top of the server browser.

I still think the stigma against the DarkRP server browser holds FL¨s player count back.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
DarkRP just increases minges and leads to more bans and for couple of months it's alright.

How did those other CityRP servers get on ?
[Image: giphy.gif]
(07-17-2022, 03:30 PM)Haarek Wrote:
(06-01-2022, 05:04 PM)B33n Wrote:
(06-01-2022, 04:32 PM)TheSiphon Wrote:
(05-31-2022, 09:27 PM)B33n Wrote:
(05-31-2022, 09:18 PM)L Y N C H Y Wrote: You do realise FL literally changed to DarkRP a while back and nothing changed so they moved it back

I was told this but never got told when this was done.

It got switched in December 2019, though I don't remember when it was reverted.
https://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=95083

Another community which remained in its own category switched to the DarkRP section around the time COVID started and it literally saved the server to the point where it had its player slots raised from 80 to 128. Timing is key.

I pushed pretty hard to get CityRP into the darkRP section in 2019 - however the problem was that the server never got proper traction.

Changing to the darkRP section doesn't mean you instantly get more players - it means that if you manage to hold a high player count over an extended period of time - people are more likely to see Fearless in the server browser and thus you have the potential to gain a lot more traffic. Nothing is guaranteed.

I still think the stigma against the DarkRP server browser holds FL¨s player count back.
Already been debated in here: https://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=95608
Definitely worth reconsidering.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
jokes aside I reckon you've fucked it lads. Not sure its gonna bounce back from this one; heavvvy.
The following 1 user Likes Apexius Keksius's post:
  • L Y N C H Y
(08-03-2022, 08:06 PM)Apexius Keksius Wrote: jokes aside I reckon you've fucked it lads. Not sure its gonna bounce back from this one; heavvvy.

Heavy tha la
Where does FL go from here
I will try to put things in perspective. Let me try to make this analogy.

[Image: salebuT.png]

Take a look at this tree. This tree has been through a long process to get to this size, let's say around 20 years, and throughout that time it has experienced a variety of things that have broadened and strengthened the tree. After seeing the tree's success and rapid growth over the years, it has abruptly chosen to slow down and is now nearly "stuck" only growing a few millimeters every year. So, if the tree's rapid growth has stopped, what will keep it mainly alive? The leefs that have grown throughout the years, but occasionally these leefs become bad and fall off; nonetheless, some leefs heal and rejoin.

Similarly, on FL growth is decreasing, yet they must rely on their existing community. So attempting to "repair" FL with the intend to bring more people, is, in my opinion, the incorrect approach, and my message to the staff (management) is to reach out to the community and make votes that bring the community value which could result in more old members rejoining. Examples could be community votes, which could be reverting map change and make changes that envolves the community in general.

I hope this made sense or was of some assistance.
The following 3 users Like Bulldogg's post:
  • TonettaFan #2319, -DanTheMan-, RaZZ
Like seriously, what happened? Last time I checked the server was almost full for weeks straight now the past couple days there’s literally been no people on. I’m not really in the loop anymore has something happened that I don’t know about?
Regards,
Panda
NOT AN Administrator