Change to Crime in Public Rule
Lightbulb 
Title of Suggestion: Change to Crime in Public Rule

Description
Quote:7.1 You can't commit crimes in public and you must have a valid roleplay reason (you can rob a store in public if deemed safe to do so). Public locations are the city, Metro stations and Connectivity road.

I am suggesting changing the crime in public rule to allow for more role play opportunities. I have mixed ideas about what this could do look like and would love to hear other ideas/variations of my suggestion!

Ammend the rule to allow crime in public areas if it is discrete (my thoughts on this is if another player cannot be seen, what's the risk to the character?)

Discrete should be taken with a common sense approach and I don't believe it would need to be defined. The front door of the Nexus is hardly discete, but the alleyways around the Nexus are.

Why?
It would be easier for crime related role-play to occur and I am of the opinion that it is unnecessarily restricting in its current form.
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
Isn't this the case anyway?
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
At the end of the day we're trying to avoid city turning into a warzone. We already have issues when it comes to basing in the club, apartments, Nexus raid, dictatorship, etc... City is supposed to be "safe haven" for passive RP's, far away from rebels and corleone (who most of the time reside in industrial or villas). With current rules, there's already way more crime happening in the city that there 'should' be, and being more lenient would most likely lead to people getting mugged or kidnapped while walking out of spawn park if there's no witnesses around. People are already way too creative when it comes to finding loopholes around that rule, so what you're suggesting would only make things worse (in most of the cases, where 'CrimeRP' is just shoving a gun in someone's face and asking for 500 or kidnapping for 2000. There are some exceptions however that most of the time deserve RPP).
~ Equinox ~
(04-25-2022, 10:33 AM)Awestruck Wrote: Isn't this the case anyway?

From what I have seen enforced ingame, it is not the case.
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
(04-25-2022, 10:56 AM)Equinox Wrote: At the end of the day we're trying to avoid city turning into a warzone. We already have issues when it comes to basing in the club, apartments, Nexus raid, dictatorship, etc... City is supposed to be "safe haven" for passive RP's, far away from rebels and corleone (who most of the time reside in industrial or villas). With current rules, there's already way more crime happening in the city that there 'should' be, and being more lenient would most likely lead to people getting mugged or kidnapped while walking out of spawn park if there's no witnesses around. People are already way too creative when it comes to finding loopholes around that rule, so what you're suggesting would only make things worse (in most of the cases, where 'CrimeRP' is just shoving a gun in someone's face and asking for 500 or kidnapping for 2000. There are some exceptions however that most of the time deserve RPP).

A good point raised here but not enough for me to -support. Main street, by common sense, would be totally off limits as it's too public. That's where you'll find majority of passive RP's.

I think they can play out in harmony together even with this rule edit. I don't think it will turn the city into a warzone as nobody should be running around freely with rifles out shooting everything that moves.

RP's like chopshops/thieves stealing from vehicles would be much easier and more realistic, adding to more police RP etc.
+support, whole server is meant to be a cops and robbers gamemode.

Passive RP can still be done in warzones. I'd even argue aggro RP promotes passive RP opportunities.
The following 1 user Likes Vauld's post:
  • Lesanka
+ Support from me. I personally think there's a lack of opportunity when it comes to mafia rp because you'd want to try and get some money from a store in exchange for safety or whatever. I also think it would be a good roleplay situation to let's say rob someone and the police would come quicker so you'd need to escape somehow. If things get worse with the change, as Equinox assumed, it's never late to change it back.
The following 1 user Likes Atlas's post:
  • mintblackbeard
It has been pretty common for people to know that public is;

Main street, shops, nexus, outside empire hotel and the apartments.

Last time I checked basically anywhere in an alleyway or outside the city except connectivity due to being so busy was fair game for muggings.

If ya'll are enforcing otherwise somethings wrong

-Removed by Steven8ken
Duplicate of https://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=99593

Closed.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork