What happened?
I really want to know what happened to the server. Before i got banned there would always be like 20-30 people on. after being banned for moths I look at the server and rarely see a singular soul on the server. So what the hell happened here?
It's a bit of a long and complicated story, but there are various threads discussing this in discussions and off-topic.
[Image: q5Y1C8n.png]
Just a guy who stumbles across the internet and shares his findings. Carry on.
Was I able to help you out? Feel free to give me a rep point here!
(03-28-2022, 08:38 PM)easy8gaming Wrote: I really want to know what happened to the server. Before i got banned there would always be like 20-30 people on. after being banned for moths I look at the server and rarely see a singular soul on the server. So what the hell happened here?

In my own view the server began to lose players after a series of crashes around August / September time which made making events and roleplay impossible, and by the time this was fixed it took a while for the players who usually played to get back on the server. The server was very active in December and then there was some sort of network based attack around the end of the month which killed it off for about a week but after an event we had around 40 players online and the server was alive again for a bit until January, when activity slowly went away.

All in all a lot of members have moved on to other games and their studies over the past year, the organisation scene has fizzled out with the destruction of the Alessi clan and the end of activity from very influential clans like Vantiago, Estleback and the short-lived SRN causing a bit more inactivity.

We regularly host different events and roleplays each week and we get around 20 players online at peak time, mostly dedicated players trying to keep the server afloat as opposed to new members.

There are plenty of discussion threads on the discussions sub forum talking about other people's points of view and what they think can be done to get the server back to its sort of San Ranevo activity levels you might remember, all I can say is you can come join the discord and lookout for our events we host and join the server, or stick around on the forums and keep your eyes open for updates.

In my opinion all we can do is create roleplays and events and have our own fun, and hope that we can get new members to join the server when they see the 20 odd of us online, and when the planned updates come out, maybe members of the dormant community will come back and we can fill the server motivating the newer members to stay after experiencing the magic of a fully populated FL server.
The following 6 users Like Self's post:
  • Jessixa, MasterNoda, Boonan, Haarek, max., Slaint
ppl keep speculating but cutting to the real reason - community is dying and upper mgmt seems uninterested in fixing the real issues.
The following 1 user Likes Vauld's post:
  • Idea
One thing that must be acknowledged is that there is an annual period of lower players due to studies and other commitments. Fearless has been around for 14 years and I remember asking Soul in OOC back in 2014 if Fearless was dying, he said no because it's "just that time of year", he was right and it's the same story again.

There's plenty of things from what I can see going on in the background to address issues raised by community members. In the mean time, join the server, stick [FL:RP] tags on, and get amongst the community/server. There's plenty that can be done from a players perspective to bring people in-game and back to Fearless.

At the end of the day, we all want the best for FL. Smile
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
The following 1 user Likes Nacreas's post:
  • Self
(03-29-2022, 02:30 AM)Nacreas Wrote: There's plenty of things from what I can see going on in the background to address issues raised by community members.

cool, what things are going on?
(03-29-2022, 02:33 AM)Vauld Wrote:
(03-29-2022, 02:30 AM)Nacreas Wrote: There's plenty of things from what I can see going on in the background to address issues raised by community members.

I'm just a mere TA and the new guy, not my place to say Wink

It's the same excuse FL has been using for years - it would be a waste of time to wait for something to happen.
(03-29-2022, 07:44 AM)Idea Wrote:

It's the same excuse FL has been using for years - it would be a waste of time to wait for something to happen.

Been back for two weeks, I'm hardly able to pass-on information.

If you're concerned about FL enough to post on the forum, why not jump in-game and encourage roleplay. Wink
The following 2 users Like Nacreas's post:
  • Self, Toe Shmicki
(03-29-2022, 10:08 AM)Nacreas Wrote:
(03-29-2022, 07:44 AM)Idea Wrote:

Been back for two weeks, I'm hardly able to pass-on information.

If you're concerned about FL enough to post on the forum, why not jump in-game and encourage roleplay. Wink
The last time I tried the only other 7 people on the server all constantly abused grey zones in the rules to ruin my experience on the server - probably explains why I and plenty of other formerly active players just bitch around on forums while avoiding the actual server.