Death of PassiveRP?
Thumbs Down 
Yo,

I got on the server for the first time in like 2 years.

Literally, wtf. I don't think a single person was doing Passive RP, it was basically just a cops and robbers game mode but everyone acting like a literal child. I've probably outgrown gmod in general, but I was still surprised to see just how bad the roleplay was. 

I was trying to give the server a chance based on Nacreas hitting me up, but I tried a passive cop RP and pretty much just died 20x from "Gangs". Every single result of roleplay action was essentially me being shot, like oh great - that's so fun, especially when the whole gamemode favors gangs/criminals over the police loadout  Upside_down

Also the ASP baton being a 1 hit KO to the head is broken, it reminds me of the old tranq gun - shit is dummy. That's mostly besides the point tho lol.

I'm not trying to start something or be a hater, but just saying from the perspective of someone who has been playing on and off since 2011 - the community right now just seems the most toxic and geared towards aggro RP than I've seen in the last 11 years. Maybe I just joined at a bad time... Very unfun tho 0/10 experience.
The following 9 users Like Vauld's post:
  • -DanTheMan-, Self, MasterNoda, Falcon, Panda, Idea, Ausverkauft, mintblackbeard, ART
Hey Vauld,

The experience you had is definitely not what it is meant to be. There was a lot more RP yesterday however I'm not sure what has been going on today. If you have any further information on what you claim (such as videos, screenshots or even just names of who was involved so I can look into logs) I'll be more than happy to look into it further.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
It's all good, not bout to snitch. I don't even think any rules were broken, just people acting generally stupid lol.

Just tryna figure out if that's normal and actual roleplay is dead or if I just hopped on at a bad time.
(03-22-2022, 12:38 AM)Vauld Wrote: It's all good, not bout to snitch. I don't even think any rules were broken, just people acting generally stupid lol.

Just tryna figure out if that's normal and actual roleplay is dead or if I just hopped on at a bad time.

Probably hopped on at a bad time. I haven't seen anything as extreme as what you said in awhile. Usually people are contrafarming or hanging out around each other. I agree with the whole gamemode favoring criminals over police part though.
[Image: Admin_Sig.png]
The following 1 user Likes MasterNoda's post:
  • Toe Shmicki
(03-22-2022, 12:38 AM)Vauld Wrote: It's all good, not bout to snitch. I don't even think any rules were broken, just people acting generally stupid lol.

pretty standard nowadays
CityRP needs a stronger security, make gangs be scared and they stay in the shadows. Right now they're not scared because all of the time they had to contraband and farm money to finance their weapons. If you hit them hard and start costing them they will think twice before starting shit.
The following 2 users Like konsta's post:
  • Self, gin
I love reading Pollux and MasterNoda's replies as if they were true lmao

There is no more roleplay on FL except for scheduled stuff that's organized by FL staff. Your observation/experience was spot on to see what FL is nowadays, Vauld.
The following 1 user Likes Idea's post:
  • Ausverkauft
if the have a weapon = agro rp, if theres no weapon = no agro rp. Half the time the server doesn't even have a weapon equipped therefore theres a lot of passive RP going on!
Wolven

I’ve been thinking back to what my experiences were back when I first started. It was pretty much a government/dictatorship vs a City State with Rebels and a group playing as Corleone in one sitting. Is that really so different to what goes on when the server is more lively? Sure there were quite a few passive RPs that went on back then, some of which were very creative, but I’m not sure now if it’s completely dead. Still some room to work with.

The most noticeable thing in my opinion as a returning player, is the reduction of servers and most of the people I used to know have moved on. Maybe we all just miss pass times, I don’t know.

If RP quality is lacking, approach new players and show them the ropes, I’ve been trying it myself and it has been working.
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
The following 2 users Like Nacreas's post:
  • Jessixa, Self
(03-25-2022, 12:00 PM)Idea Wrote: I love reading Pollux and MasterNoda's replies as if they were true lmao

There is no more roleplay on FL except for scheduled stuff that's organized by FL staff. Your observation/experience was spot on to see what FL is nowadays, Vauld.

I don't lie. From my perspective and what I've been seeing when I'm personally online at night, I'm seeing people chilling around, having fun, and generally just enjoying themselves. We have fun with each other and do a bunch of different roleplays. I know you haven't logged on in a few months, but even then it was roughly the same for me. It is in fact likely different for you when you are online, but for me and the people who log on at the same time as me, we don't do this rampant "gang" warfare. For European peak times, it does seem to be an issue of substance, and I've been told measures are being put in place to stop it. For me, it seems to be a player culture issue, and there is a large divide between the times that North Americans are generally online, and the times that Europeans are online.
[Image: Admin_Sig.png]
The following 1 user Likes MasterNoda's post:
  • Self